Plane Stupid KotH

djw180

Plane Stupid KotH

2_0.jpg

v1 https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/NGQDNRsKzUOr1JQlhgYYOQ

v2 https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/UpFfqS_HZE6cWP1-Qtojfg PREFERED VERSION

King of the Hill similar to my capture Plane Stupid. For this there are two planes to capture, both Vestras, located at each team's start point, Fort Zancudo or Sandy Shores.

Hold your Vestra to score points.

Everyone starts in a Molatok, they should just have machine guns. Protect your teams bomber or attack the enemies.

You respawn at your team's start location.

Two versions at the moment.

v1 you start and respawn in Molatoks. You don't have a parachute to start with. So one team mate gets out of their Molatok and into the Besra. Respawns at various places around the map.

v2 - THIS IS MY PREFERED OPTION IF IT WORKS. You start and respawn on foot at your base. Get into the Vestra or one of the Molatoks nearby. All planes repsawn. Grenades provide incase one gets stuck and needs destroying.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 4

Further testing done last night. A couple of things to change / note.

• the gunner in the Mogul is next to useless so may as well go
  • the guns on the P-45s are not great either, takes too long to shoot the Mogul down
    • so I think different planes would be better, maybe Hill plane is a Milljet and fighters are Nokotas or Pyros
    • or just reduce the armour on the Mogul?
  • you do not start with a parachute (why R*? - you do in the test, what is the point of a test that does not replicate what happens when you actually play the game?)
    • so add pickups to the start points
  • need to reduce the ability to camp the Hill plane spawn
    • hostile NPCs with mele weapons at the spawn point, so they can't shoot the plane down
    • or rather than one hill plane in the middle have two, one located at each team's start point, so both teams get a "hill" from the start and you try to blow up the enemy hill plane
      • plus well armed NPCs hostile to just the other team at your start point
      • this will also solve the no-parachute problem, because you won't need to parachute down to the hill plane

I'll update when these have been done. In the mean time by all means play this but note the above issues.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

Update

• You can not have NPCs in this type of job it appears, so no guards for the Hill spawns
  • I wanted to make you start on foot with planes parked nearby & paarchute pick ups, but again it appears you can't do that, unless you also respawn on foot after dieing and I think it's best to respawn in a fighter.

What I've changed

• Fighters are now Molotoks
  • Hill planes are Volatols (the V bombers)
  • Each team starts next to a Volatol, but as you start in Molatoks one team mate should park up, get out and get in the Volatol
    • it does appear you can have gunners in these, hard to say though given what appears in the creator test is not always the same as in game
  • I have made the default weapon the AP pistol but no pick ups so very limeted ammo. Could work either way it comes to camping the Hill spawns or detering campers
    • really not sure what can be done about this

Other ideas

• start on foot near "your" hill plane
  • fighters close by, and they respawn
  • player respawns locked to each team close by
  • trucks, armoured cars etc with AA guns parked there maybe blocked in so you can't move them from you base?
  • Like 2

Included this in FDU today.

It played alright, but the 'hill' plane was a little weak. It's very slow and is a huge target so easy to destroy with little effort. From what a few people said, the gunner position also has a lot of blind spots making it almost worse than just using the 'fighter' plane to defend (from my interpretation of what they said).

I think the two 'hills' work better than one, but the choice of plane doesn't work well. I'm wondering if perhaps using the same plane that the 'fighters' use will be better. It's not oversized so it can survive longer but not as long as the previous version (which was too long), and is able to defend itself without a second person (if the pilot is capable, which seems a better chance than waiting for a gunner to arrive).

A few of the respawn spots are angled for wings to hit things almost as soon as respawning. Not a problem if you can react fast enough, but maybe just a slight rotation will help for those that have a delayed spawn or can't react fast enough.

I really like this job as it's similar to a KotH I had started creating only a few weeks ago. I won't be publishing mine as it's pretty much the same job, but will give all the feedback I can to support this job to become the best it can be.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skorpion said:

Included this in FDU today.

It played alright, but the 'hill' plane was a little weak. It's very slow and is a huge target so easy to destroy with little effort. From what a few people said, the gunner position also has a lot of blind spots making it almost worse than just using the 'fighter' plane to defend (from my interpretation of what they said).

I think the two 'hills' work better than one, but the choice of plane doesn't work well. I'm wondering if perhaps using the same plane that the 'fighters' use will be better. It's not oversized so it can survive longer but not as long as the previous version (which was too long), and is able to defend itself without a second person (if the pilot is capable, which seems a better chance than waiting for a gunner to arrive).

A few of the respawn spots are angled for wings to hit things almost as soon as respawning. Not a problem if you can react fast enough, but maybe just a slight rotation will help for those that have a delayed spawn or can't react fast enough.

I really like this job as it's similar to a KotH I had started creating only a few weeks ago. I won't be publishing mine as it's pretty much the same job, but will give all the feedback I can to support this job to become the best it can be.

Thanks Skorp  - this is great feedback.

I know I've ranted already about the next-to-useless in-game test, but another thing I couldn't test was how fast the Volatol is compared to the Nakota because you can not use a Volatol in an air race!

I think I am going to switch to respawning on foot, at your own teams "base" with figthers parked there. That will solve the respawn issues. It's really difficult to place respawns for aircraft as in the creator they have to be placed on the ground where the creator considers the ground is clear - and there aren't that many "clear" places outside of the airports. Even long straight roads can be classed as not clear seemingly because there is very slight slope. The of course you have no way to test each respawn other than continually dieing and hoping you can get respawned somewhere new.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lann said:

Is there a risk to run out of fighterjets spawning on foot?

Well when you place them it gives and option for how many times they respawn, which can be infinite. It's a question of whether I believe what the creator actualy says anymore!

• Like 1

Two versions now, see 1st post.

v1 just changed Volatol to Besra - I'd prefer the Hill plane to be something different to the fighter planes. Besra and Molatok are similar speed.

v2 start and respawn on foot at your base. Molatoks placed nearby and respawn. Grenades to use in case planes get stuck. I prefer this one, but the only issue is in the creator team 2 respawns at team 1 respawn points even though I checked and double checked each team has it's own respawn points available. If this happens in the actual game then will have to stick with version 1.

• Like 1

This is fun. I think you'll have to keep messing with plane configuratuons to get it right, also if you can adjust the plane health from the creator, that will help once you find the right mix of planes. 

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

5 hours ago, djw180 said:

the only issue is in the creator team 2 respawns at team 1 respawn points even though I checked and double checked each team has it's own respawn points available. If this happens in the actual game then will have to stick with version 1.

My KotH 'Drop Zone - Canals' uses respawns locked to each team as well, but in creator tests every team spawns at team 2s respawn points (I placed them first). When played last night it seemed to work properly from what I could tell, so I think that's just a creator bug.

Looking forward to giving this another go. V2 I think will probably work better, but I guess that'll depend a lot on how the planes respawn.

• Like 1

Another test done. Respawns OK, but still work to do balancing the fighters and hill planes.

The Besra is too manouverable, almost impossible to shoot down. I need to find something that is slower and easier to hit without it being too easy for the fighters to just crash into it. I do want the hill planes shot down not kamikazied.

I may make a test version of this with a variety of fighters and hill planes and see if a couple of people want to test it.

Ideas from last night's WoW for the hill plane

• cropduster, slow but it's manouverability may compensate
  • vestra, slower than the molatok (I assume)
  • one of the executive jets, they may be too slow and be not much better than the Volatol was
  • Like 2

Latest version is now with Vestras as the Hill planes, with reduced health.

Played it last night during WoW. Only 4 of us and no one managed to shoot down the Vestras, but we could hit them. So I think with more than 1 fighter per team this version works. But only time will tell as and when it gets played with more players.

When I get round to it I will delete version1 and just rename version2 as Plane Stupid KotH.

Maybe slight changes to respawn points and fighter spawn points.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2