Report: Rosario Dawson Cast As Ahsoka Tano In The Mandalorian's Second Season

RSCnet

ahsoka1.jpg

The Clone Wars is back and so is Jedi Ahsoka Tano. As fans celebrate her return in this beloved animated series, they may have an even bigger moment to look forward to this year. According to Slashfilm, Tano will also appear in The Mandalorian's second season, which is slated to air on Disney+ this October.

Since this is a live-action show, Tano will be brought to life by actress Rosario Dawson from Rent, Daredevil, and Eagle Eye fame. Dawson has long played along with fans requesting she be cast as Tano in a show. Now it appears to be happening. Tano was first brought to life in the animated series by actress Ashley Eckstein.

Tell ‘em! #AhsokaLives https://t.co/n4ddfqiTl2

— Rosario Dawson (@rosariodawson) January 12, 2020

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

She was amazing. I hadn't realized it was Rosario until the last scenes. She looked amazing and I really had no idea who her character was since I didn't watch any of the follow-up cartoons or animated series. So she was a new character to me and the way she was introduced in the episode from the very start was extremely satisfying. I love the way the episode was shot like a horror film, where she is picking off the enemies one by one in he burned forest. 

These threads are three years old but I'm new to this wave of new Star Wars material because after the Last Jedi, I had divorced Star Wars. It was hard for me to get excited about the tv shows because I really dislike being given one episode a week and having to wait, like the R* drip feed vehicles. I didn't have Disney+ until a week ago, so I watched the first two seasons of the Mandalorian in three days. I didnt expect to feel like a kid again watching The Mandalorian, and that is exactly how I felt. 

Back to Rosario, I do hope we see her in Season 3 because she was bad *ss!! 

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 7:20 PM, Con said:

She was amazing. I hadn't realized it was Rosario until the last scenes. She looked amazing and I really had no idea who her character was since I didn't watch any of the follow-up cartoons or animated series. So she was a new character to me and the way she was introduced in the episode from the very start was extremely satisfying. I love the way the episode was shot like a horror film, where she is picking off the enemies one by one in he burned forest. 

These threads are three years old but I'm new to this wave of new Star Wars material because after the Last Jedi, I had divorced Star Wars. It was hard for me to get excited about the tv shows because I really dislike being given one episode a week and having to wait, like the R* drip feed vehicles. I didn't have Disney+ until a week ago, so I watched the first two seasons of the Mandalorian in three days. I didnt expect to feel like a kid again watching The Mandalorian, and that is exactly how I felt. 

Back to Rosario, I do hope we see her in Season 3 because she was bad *ss!! 

Pretty sure she's gonna show up. She has ties to every other characters. Bo Katan from the animated series and now Mando & Grogu. Plus it's probably gonna tie with her future show later this year. Ahsoka has become one of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars. Her story is amazing. Her relationship with Anakin is really dramatic. 

Oh and I'm actually doing great right now. And my daughter is definitely talking back these days ! Tough times but she's still the best.

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1