The Warriors

Abizaga

I loved this movie. Especially after experiencing the deep lore of the game, I think this is a hell of a great ride. Not sure if it's better that I played the game first or not, but I feel I got a deeper understanding of the gangs in the movie. What do you all think?

• Like 1

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!

The Warriors is an absolutely brilliant film.  It's stylish as hell and is a simple concept perfectly executed.  Can you dig it?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Never seen the movie, never played the game.

12 minutes ago, JoyFreak said:

Yeah, I haven't seen it either. Just Googled it, sounds good. Will give it a go!

I definetely reccomend it. The acting can be a bit corny sometimes, but it's very fun.

11 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

The Warriors is an absolutely brilliant film.  It's stylish as hell and is a simple concept perfectly executed.  Can you dig it?

Can you count, suckas? God I love that flick!

• Like 1

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!

The movie was ahead of its time and just a few months ago I watched the reunion of some of the actors from the film as they toured some of the shooting locations.

Enjoy!

I've never played the game. So I cant comment on how it compares to the film. 

• Like 4

I love the reunion videos. It's crazy seeing them coming back grey, though!

Edited by Abizaga
  • Haha 1

GeezeZone 

The story, the actors, the music, the vibe, it's just such a unique movie. 

The game did a very good job of putting the unique movie aspects also in the game, it felt very good imo and I loved playing it very much. I will never forget those punches you could throw with a brick in the hand 😝💪

• Like 2

Ahaha I know right? I don't know why I love movies about street level gangs so much but its awesome.

GeezeZone 

31 minutes ago, Beez said:

Do they sing and dance like West Side Story?

I'm looking forward to Spielberg's remake later in the year.  I'm probably alone in that around here though 😄 

• Haha 3

Heheh The Warriors was the first film I watched where my childish desire to imitate the cool thing I saw smashed into my growing awareness of the difference between fiction and reality. "I want to join a gang!" very quickly became "But I don't want to get stabbed!"

That aside, I think it's still a good genre movie. Very stylish and a crazy good soundtrack. Needed more Lizzies and less Mercy though, as every interaction between her and Swan finds a way to feel uncomfortable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:55 AM, Beez said:

Do they sing and dance like West Side Story?

lol nope sorry its a bit more seriously acted than that.

On 3/19/2020 at 12:21 PM, The_Lady_A said:

Heheh The Warriors was the first film I watched where my childish desire to imitate the cool thing I saw smashed into my growing awareness of the difference between fiction and reality. "I want to join a gang!" very quickly became "But I don't want to get stabbed!"

That aside, I think it's still a good genre movie. Very stylish and a crazy good soundtrack. Needed more Lizzies and less Mercy though, as every interaction between her and Swan finds a way to feel uncomfortable.

Yeah the interactions between Swan and Mercy kinda teetered between "Corny" and "Akward".

GeezeZone 

From what I read it was strange because it was done on the fly after the director demanded the original star be killed in the middle of filming.

Wanting to watch this but as usual it isn't available on the multiple streaming services we pay for unless we pay more to rent it, SMH. This industry is fast to adapt. At this point one pays more for all the streaming crap than they did for cable.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sinister said:

From what I read it was strange because it was done on the fly after the director demanded the original star be killed in the middle of filming.

Wanting to watch this but as usual it isn't available on the multiple streaming services we pay for unless we pay more to rent it, SMH. This industry is fast to adapt. At this point one pays more for all the streaming crap than they did for cable.

It's available on Youtube and Amazon I'm fairly sure.

GeezeZone 

34 minutes ago, Abizaga said:

It's available on Youtube and Amazon I'm fairly sure.

Yes, Amazon has it for an extra fee on top of what my wife already pays them. HULU has it IF you add Starz to your package. You Tube has it for 3 bucks but I see that VUDU has it available as well. Since our movie collection is on that service I will check that next time I'm on it.

• Like 1

Honestly it's one of those movies I think is worth it.

GeezeZone 

On 3/19/2020 at 1:59 AM, Con said:

The movie was ahead of its time and just a few months ago I watched the reunion of some of the actors from the film as they toured some of the shooting locations.

Enjoy!

I've never played the game. So I cant comment on how it compares to the film. 

Actually looks decent. Might give it a try. Is it available on Netflix?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JoyFreak said:

No it is not.

Amazon, HULU, You Tube, VUDU, iTunes and Google Play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoyFreak said:

Its a great flick! 😄

• Like 1

GeezeZone 

17 hours ago, TheBoyBry said:

It’s one of my favourites. 

Hell yeah. Mine, too.

GeezeZone