What movie horrified you as a kid?? Why? Answer must include a gif!!

JustHatched

Jaws 3. I was 7 or  8 when this come out, I had not yet seen the first 2. This was only the 2nd movie I had seen in a theatre and it was in 3D and I remember I freaked during th movie, I don't know if I would have done better if we weren't watching it in 3D.

Animated GIF

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I remember my parents watching the original Amityville Horror and even though I could only hear it I was terrified to go to sleep.

giphy.gif

Later in my adult life I actually watched the movie and thought it was horribly boring. Such a let down compared to my memories of it.

• Like 2

I was at a creepy aunt's house when I 1st watched this & never meeting my cousins from 

her didn't help the situation, wanted to get the hell up out of there. Watch this clip cant place the gif.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

The Gates of Hell (City of the Dead) 1980

giphy.gif

I was way too young to be sneaking in these video nasties but thats just what I did, I would outsmart my parents at this independent video store that used a velcro number system on the outside of the movie boxes (thats VHS boxes for you young folks), i'd snatch the numbers from the movies I knew my mom would not approve and find stuff like Raiders of the Lost Ark and swap numbers, Id walk up to my mom with a box, she would approve of the movie not knowing the number corresponded to the video nasty. At checkout, the clerk would not question a thing, now it helped that was allowed to watch scary movies so the family would go to sleep and id watch my movies, scared sh*tless but I would go to school and have the best movie stories.Oh you watched Night of the Demons, well I watched I Spit on Your Grave. lol. 

Anyways, back on topic, The film The Gates of Hell, as the version I watched as a kid was called, truly freaked me out because it was the first time I saw a religious figure become demonic, and as a kid I saw the priest as the devil and this priest makes people's eyes bleed and make them vomit their intestines. Then the film also has a scene where it rains maggots and even after owning the film as an adult that maggot scene makes me want to puke. I bought the movie a few decades ago and watched it and hated the editing and the pacing but those moments that scared me as a kid were still priceless. Interestingly the DVD i own is called City of the Living Dead, its original title. I remember having a tough time sleeping after watching it. The only other film that did that to me as a kid was The Return of the Living Dead...cause while it has humor, its concept and incredible zombie ideas were brilliant. 

What horrified and disgusted me most as a kid was the scene from Pet Sematary (1989), where the old man (Jud) is murdered by the undead child (Gage). I think I was 9 or 10 when I first watched this movie on TV, alone, and after midnight.

When I watched it again a few years ago, it was quite disappointing - not even close to being as horrifying as I had remembered.

Couldn't find a gif that would properly represent the nastiest part I had in mind, so here's the video of the scene (2min):

The slicing of the Achilles tendon started haunting my dreams every now and then for quite a few years to come. It just seemed like the nastiest thing ever to me.

• Like 3