What year will GTA6 be announced and released

JustHatched

What year will GTA6 be......  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, wht do you think?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

The real question is will next gen GTA Online be a separate game from GTA6? 

I hope they do Bully 2 before that anyway.

• Like 1

I think we will get something announced before the end of this year.

@Fido_le_muet I’ll be sending you my PayPal info.

@LimeGreenLegend good question, considering so far online has been an addition to story mode with R* I can’t see this format changing, but it works for other companies so we cannot rule it out . I do think GTA has been such a cash cow they will be ‘happy’ to give online for free and milk the not so micro-transactions.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, Lann said:

What is that?

People say it can be related to Bully 2 or LA Noire. It's very easy to use Photoshop or to manipulate an image, but after seeing how perfect was the map leak of RDR 2... Idk what to think.

1 hour ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

That can’t be official right? Killing dreams? 

I haven't seen it where it is supposed to be, it is said it has been taken from R*'s official webpage.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VALL_es said:

I haven't seen it where it is supposed to be, it is said it has been taken from R*'s official webpage.

Seems like a weird message if it is official 😄 

Not sure on a date but it won’t be any time soon.  I still remember the interview that said the series was going to be “rested” at some point and the departing Houser brother said they have zero interest in releasing a new GTA in today’s political climate. 

We will be stuck with the current game for the foreseeable future because it is still making them a ton of money so they have no reason to make a new one. 

They will focus on new projects instead. 

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sinister said:

Not sure on a date but it won’t be any time soon.  I still remember the interview that said the series was going to be “rested” at some point and the departing Houser brother said they have zero interest in releasing a new GTA in today’s political climate. 

We will be stuck with the current game for the foreseeable future because it is still making them a ton of money so they have no reason to make a new one. 

They will focus on new projects instead. 

I mostly agree, but GTA6 wont be on current gen and I doubt GTA5 will be released again on next gen. I think it'll come out soon after the new consoles are released, which wont be that far away. That'll allow them make money from both current and next gen.

However, the lack of leaks compared to the lead up to GTA5s release kind of suggests it could be 2 or more years away still.

• Like 1

I would also say at least a couple of more years. Don't think R* is in a rush considering how their online platforms are doing.

5 hours ago, Sinister said:

I call bs on the second comment. They've never given a f*ck about political climates. Even though things might have been more sensitive than in many years (ever?), a game like GTA could do anything and still thrive. People that would be outraged would never go anywhere near a game like that anyways. It would only give it free advertisement. Plus a counteraction to all the sensitivity has already started. It'll even out soon.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2

I find it hard to believe as well but when RDR2 dropped he said they were thankful it wasn't GTA6 being released in the Trump era. Said he has no idea what they would even write.

Dan Houser is "thankful" he’s not releasing Grand Theft Auto 6 in the age of Trump. “It’s really unclear what we would even do with it, let alone how upset people would get with whatever we did,” says the co-founder of Rockstar Games. "Both intense liberal progression and intense conservatism are both very militant, and very angry. It is scary but it’s also strange, and yet both of them seem occasionally to veer towards the absurd. It’s hard to satirise for those reasons. Some of the stuff you see is straightforwardly beyond satire. It would be out of date within two minutes, everything is changing so fast."

• Like 3

On 3/8/2020 at 4:38 AM, Sinister said:

I find it hard to believe as well but when RDR2 dropped he said they were thankful it wasn't GTA6 being released in the Trump era. Said he has no idea what they would even write.

Dan Houser is "thankful" he’s not releasing Grand Theft Auto 6 in the age of Trump. “It’s really unclear what we would even do with it, let alone how upset people would get with whatever we did,” says the co-founder of Rockstar Games. "Both intense liberal progression and intense conservatism are both very militant, and very angry. It is scary but it’s also strange, and yet both of them seem occasionally to veer towards the absurd. It’s hard to satirise for those reasons. Some of the stuff you see is straightforwardly beyond satire. It would be out of date within two minutes, everything is changing so fast."

Makes a bit more sense when reading the full comment. The world has become so wacky since GTA5. Hard to satire indeed.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Announced 2025, released 2026/2027, assuming that Dead-Cat-Wig Man will be president for another 4 years... or never, considering everything that is going on in the realms of humans. Clusterf*ck. That is all.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Hard to satire indeed.

GTA6 should have you play as a corrupt greasy businessman who slimes his way into the White House.  It could be Donald Love from GTA3! 

• Like 3