Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

Coronavirus Pandemic


Recommended Posts

Lann

We have the same situation as its been for a long time. Everything open, with the exception of highschools alternating on-site and on-line, and some time restrictions on serving alcohol and people per table in bars/restaurants. 

We have per yesterday 631 807 fully vaccinated and a additional 911 607 who have got their first shot. So 1 543 414 got at least one shot, out of a population of 10 379 295. So 6% vaccinated so far, rather low for the country behind IKEA if i may say so. 

I expect to get a shot this year, but hope for the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Lann

    89

  • Squirrel

    84

  • zztop911

    81

  • Sinister

    69

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunatly with the growing crisis I must block all vistors from China to RSCnet and are considering a quarentine of all EU members in a closed crew area. This will include UK members though they wi

Just been to do a big shop with the wife, only one shopper allowed in, so I stayed in the car doing my fave past time of people watching. Taxi pulled up, driver gave passenger their change, she p

This is hard to write, but I feel like part of a real community here and you should know. One month ago on the 11th of April at 11:45 am my loving, beautiful mother passed away because of all thi

Posted Images

VALL_es

The president said that he won't expand more time the state of alarm in May the 9th. He also said that 70% of citizens should be vaccinated before August. I don't think none of these things will happen (and tbh I think it would be a miracle if I get vaccinated before 2022). Stay safe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
pete_95973

California is doing very well surprisingly.  As of last week our state had the lowest positivity rate in the nation.  I just received my second shot and my wife gets her second shot next week.  Things are looking up!

  • Like 3

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jjss924

Here, it depends on where you go. In Dallas County, most places demand a mask. Where I live, half the people have one on. I'm still seeing kids walk around outside with a mask, and people wearing one in their car. It's unsettling. 

There is no lockdown, so that's good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Schumi6581

From next wednesday the first steps will be taken to lift some restrictions:

- restaurants and pubs will reopen their terraces during the daytime. Eating/drinking inside is still not possible.

- stores will be open without appointment

-Universities will provide studenst with classes on site, at least one day a week.

- curfew ends

 

Very nice allthough infection rates and hospitalizations are the highest in a year or so. Off course a lot of elderly have already gotten their first vaccination. 
But still I don't really get why this would be the best moment. But lets see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fido_le_muet

Kinda the same here. 

Come May 3rd, we'll be able to go everywhere in the country again (currently limited to 10km).

The government wants to start reopening stuff mid-may. Restaurants will be able to reopen their terraces, but only at 1/3rd capacity. Still no for the interior spaces. 

They also want to start reopening cinemas, museums and places of culture. 

Primary schools will open next monday after a 3 weeks break. High schools and universities the week after. End of year exams are still on. 

Bars will stay closed unfortunately 😭😭😭😭 and curfew will continue for the time being. 

Like in the Netherlands, the situation is almost the worse it's ever been. Hospitals are full, even after a month of reinforced restrictions that had almost no effect on the amount of people in the ICU. 

Vaccination is slowly picking up but so far we're still trailing behind. Only 55+ yo are eligible for the vaccines, except for medical personnel. 

Confidence is still very low toward the AstraZeneca vaccine. The other day, only 50 people showed up to a vaccination centre which had 4000 doses... 

We're a long long way from normal again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Sinister

Florida has removed all restrictions, no one is allowed to enforce anything and everything can go back to normal. Businesses can do as they see fit but officials are hoping they will drop everything. State Surgeon General has said that people that have completed vaccinations can go without masks. We are still seeing thousands of cases per day but week to week totals are dropping.

Said I wasn't going to do it but I received my vaccination yesterday. Being a veteran I already have an immunization record half a mile long so one more won't hurt. Went with the one shot version and so far my only side effect was some chills/sweats for a couple of hours about 8 hours after the injection. Arm doesn't even hurt.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
BryannosaurusRex

I had my 2nd jab yesterday morning. I felt fine all through the day, then towards the end of 2 Bros PL I started shivering! I didn’t feel too hot or cold, but just couldn’t stop myself shivering. This morning I feel like I’ve got the flu. Headache, hot and sweaty, whole body aching. Think I will be staying in bed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister

Still tons of misinformation being spread about the vaccine, loving the microchip fools and Anon psychopaths and their idiotic beliefs.  Now we have the super f*cking d*uchebag back on his sop box with his lame sh*t rallies stirring up more drama. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fido_le_muet

2nd dose this coming friday. 

People already talking about the 4th wave this august/september...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
zztop911
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2021 at 8:21 AM, Sinister said:

Florida has removed all restrictions, no one is allowed to enforce anything and everything can go back to normal. Businesses can do as they see fit but officials are hoping they will drop everything. State Surgeon General has said that people that have completed vaccinations can go without masks. We are still seeing thousands of cases per day but week to week totals are dropping.

Said I wasn't going to do it but I received my vaccination yesterday. Being a veteran I already have an immunization record half a mile long so one more won't hurt. Went with the one shot version and so far my only side effect was some chills/sweats for a couple of hours about 8 hours after the injection. Arm doesn't even hurt.

I couldn't get the one shot and I'm not getting ant RNA based shot.

 

edit............I'm gonna sse if the one shot is available when I go this week for another appt.

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister
53 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

I couldn't get the one shot and I'm not getting ant RNA based shot.

 

edit............I'm gonna sse if the one shot is available when I go this week for another appt.

It's a tricky one to find. Co worker had to go on a certain day of the week just to get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Fido_le_muet
1 hour ago, Sinister said:

Coworkers vaccinated son (in his 20s) tested positive for Covid. 

And he won't see the inside of an hospital thanks to his vaccine. 

Yes you can catch COVID despite being vaccinated but you won't have a bad case of the disease. And yes you can also spread it to others but if they're vaccinated, they won't feel anything too bad. Vaccine won't save eveyone but it will prevent a huge majority of the population from going to the ICU and possibly dying. 

I do feel like we're in for a yearly shot in the coming years though... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli

Getting my first jab on Friday! We bough 1.1 million vaccines off Romania so it's going pretty fast now. Though it means a lot of Romanians rejected the vaccine which is a bit worrying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
3 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Getting my first jab on Friday! We bough 1.1 million vaccines off Romania so it's going pretty fast now. Though it means a lot of Romanians rejected the vaccine which is a bit worrying.

There's a good chance those rejected Romanian vaccines came from this guy

 Betting Bbc GIF

:classic_laugh:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister
7 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

And he won't see the inside of an hospital thanks to his vaccine. 

Yes you can catch COVID despite being vaccinated but you won't have a bad case of the disease. And yes you can also spread it to others but if they're vaccinated, they won't feel anything too bad. Vaccine won't save eveyone but it will prevent a huge majority of the population from going to the ICU and possibly dying. 

I do feel like we're in for a yearly shot in the coming years though... 

To be fair, I didn't see the inside of a Hospital back in December when I had Covid. Should have went when I had the original version in early March of last year though. Since it gets easier every time, if I catch it again I shouldn't notice it at all, especially with the Vacinne.

 

While the governor of our state strokes his ego and pumps up psychotic republicans with anger issues to vote for him about how awesome Florida is doing we have one of the fastest growing new case rates in the USA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Lann

The feeling here is that its over, and most if not all restrictions are removed.

Came across this and it made me think maybe its not the same everywere.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister

It is far from the same everywhere. CDC has us back in these annoying f*cking masks in the US.  Florida infection rates have doubled. This thing is not going to just disappear so we will be doing this stuff for years to come.

 

Things are starting to get real when it comes to shortages though. Critical parts needed to keep the big trucks, that deliver everything we need, are now becoming unavailable. One part, that was flawed in design and fails in high numbers, is currently 20 to 40 weeks away from availability. Dealer said it will be at least a year before the CURRENT demand for them will be met. We normally change them by the dozens in our one shop, so spread that across all the shops in the country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Lann

Today they announced that the last restrictions will be lifted september 29th, and everyone vaccinated can go back to living a normal life. ❤️😀🍾🎉

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli
1 hour ago, Lann said:

Today they announced that the last restrictions will be lifted september 29th, and everyone vaccinated can go back to living a normal life. ❤️😀🍾🎉

What kind of restrictions do you guys still have?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lann
1 hour ago, Banketelli said:

What kind of restrictions do you guys still have?

Right now there are still some restrictions in numbers of people at events like sports and concerts. Like a max of 300 seated indoor, and 3000 seated outdoors. In restaurants each company of 8 or less need to be seated at least 1m from the next group, and small crap like that.

The biggest change IMO is that they remove the recommendation for all to work from home when possible. That will actualize alot of questions between employer and employee.

Are you guys all back to normal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli
1 hour ago, Lann said:

Right now there are still some restrictions in numbers of people at events like sports and concerts. Like a max of 300 seated indoor, and 3000 seated outdoors. In restaurants each company of 8 or less need to be seated at least 1m from the next group, and small crap like that.

The biggest change IMO is that they remove the recommendation for all to work from home when possible. That will actualize alot of questions between employer and employee.

Are you guys all back to normal?

Yeah, pretty much back to normal. Most restrictions ended last month. Think the only one left is the covid passport which ends on Friday. All still kinda surreal.

Thought you would be much further ahead of us considering the different approaches. 

The work from home recommendation ended august 1 here. Surprisingly (or suspiciously:classic_ninja:) little debate about it in the media. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.