Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

Only 4 new cases in 24 hours for my county. Only three deaths total and last one was on 12 April.  Those 3 were because of “underlying conditions”. One was actually a Heart Attack but since they were sick it gets counted. 

A few counties from me, folks are dealing with recovery from a nasty tornado and Covid19!

In store for another round of nasty weather expected in my area this afternoon.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 hours ago, Lann said:

Stay safe @zztop911.

A must be a new level of poor communication, if its true, that doctors and nurses are being attacked on the streets in some parts of the world..

That has been happening a few times in France since the very beginning of the quarantine. 

People sending notes to nurses/doctors, inviting them to move somewhere else because they are potentially infected because of their jobs. Nurses cars being vandalised to steal masks and/or protection equipment. 

This crisis brings out what's best and worse in humanity. 

11 hours ago, Lann said:

Stay safe @zztop911.

A must be a new level of poor communication, if its true, that doctors and nurses are being attacked on the streets in some parts of the world..

Yeah, we've had a few morons here abusing people in the street, accusing them of spreading the virus because of their job or uniform.

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Yeah, we've had a few morons here abusing people in the street, accusing them of spreading the virus because of their job or uniform.

We've had localised anti Chinese racism. Graffiti over the takeaways and nail shops. 

Can guarantee they weren't anti Chinese 3 months ago when they wanted a takeaway on a Friday night! 

• Like 4

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

We're getting ahead of it here. Very few cases being reported now. The last few days we've had only a handful of new cases mostly limited to NSW (our most populated state). Schools are reopening, many businesses are reopening (I'm back to work in a few days), and overall things are looking promising.

Depending mostly on national boarder restrictions remaining (at least I believe that'll be the major factor), we could be clear here in 2-3 months. Perhaps a little optimistic to think so soon, but social distancing has almost become normal for many of us, self-imposed isolation to avoid infection hasn't had a big impact on the average Aussie, and with so few cases remaining I believe we'll be in the clear soon.

We are heading into winter though which creates conditions suited for rapid spread, so hopefully things remain on course for recovery before it's too late, and we don't take rapid steps backwards.

Edited by Skorpion

Bad thing is that we will not get ahead because this virus will NEVER go away, so we are going to be playing the safe/scared game until a vaccine is created. Once that happens the next one will come along in a few years and we get to repeat it. We are looking at a whole new world now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Bad thing is that we will not get ahead because this virus will NEVER go away, so we are going to be playing the safe/scared game until a vaccine is created. Once that happens the next one will come along in a few years and we get to repeat it. We are looking at a whole new world now.

As far as this particular virus its dependant on how each country reacts. Something tells me it was intentional, but I don't want to get into that and if I spark a political aspect then hide this before it gets out of hand and I apologise now.

I blame no country, not even China as many do. It's complicated and I can see China as a scapegoat in this case. However, I've said for years that this would happen and I've said in the last few months that this isn't the end.

IF we cure COVID-19 there'll be a follow-up and it'll be worse. I predict (and hope to be wrong) that we'll face a future of viruses that'll whipeout most of humanity until we evolve to resist viruses. Something that has been long predicted by scientists.

Humans are a plague on this planet and until we evolve to fit in with our environment we will forever destroy it and ourselves.

Edited by Skorpion
Spelling
  • Like 2

Just found out my friend lost his Mom to this sh*t!  The New York Governor Como and his government has  her and many others on blood on their hands. They made sick patients GO BACK to the nursing homes!

New Jersey did the same damn thing! He almost lost his Aunt the same week in a huge nursing home in New Jersey. She was lucky! She came off a ventilator after 4 days. She's been asking about her sister and he's been avoiding telling her, fearing it would upset her too much in her very weak state.

I was on the phone with him for almost 90 min. He's at a loss and very angry at the way they handled the situation, especially since most of the early deaths were from a nursing home in Washington state. They knew how this crap ravages the elderly!

Just f*cking sad as hell! She was still in good health and sound mind. I hope I help him somehow with our phone call. It sure as hell didn't do me any good, but I had to let my friend bend my ear for as long as he wanted.

That and all the other deaths were needless!

edit.......I met her once when I took some leave with my friend. Very sweet lady when I met her and her son was a fine example of her raising.

Edited by zztop911
  • Sad 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Earlier this week here in San Diego we had a soft opening of our beaches for recreational purposes. Of course people abused the privilege and now the governor is closing all beaches in California starting tomorrow.  
After what looked like a daily drop of confirmed cases over the last week or so we are suddenly getting a spike upward again. 
Looks like at least another two weeks of lockdown for me. 😞 

37 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

Earlier this week here in San Diego we had a soft opening of our beaches for recreational purposes. Of course people abused the privilege and now the governor is closing all beaches in California starting tomorrow.  
After what looked like a daily drop of confirmed cases over the last week or so we are suddenly getting a spike upward again. 
Looks like at least another two weeks of lockdown for me. 😞 

I think there are stupid actions on both sides, especially on the Gov's part.

The Gov of Cali made a deal with a Chinese CAR COMPANY, that's going out of business, to make masks at $5 each. A $1B deal!!!!! A Cali official is  a LARGE investor in that Chinese CAR company. Kinda smelly deal if you ask me.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Today is a day the swedes celebrate spring with big bonfires and stuff. Its also really common youngster have their first proper experience with alcohol. I still remember what I did 30 years ago on this day. Well, all the bonfires and celebrations are cancelled this year, but knowing youngsters they tend to do what they want, especially on such day.

Now you have to love the creative thinking behind the action they are taking in the southern city of Lund to encourage people not to hang out in the city park. They are sprinkling chicken manuer.

0LpbwUh.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 10:02 AM, Lann said:

, and a week ago a distant relative also passed away. 

Now the Mrs sisters mother in law has passed away in Dublin. Here in Sweden we see high numbers due to the virus getting into elderly nursing homes, some examples of 1/3 fatalities. With them being closed to visitors since long they suspect non symptomatic workers as the cause. 

Deaths, age.

g2lPQyQ.jpg

Walmart employees are all wearing masks. Most have it covering their mouths but not their nose. Insert Walmart jokes here.

I still do not know anyone that has been infected with this virus. No family members, no friends, no co workers or anyone they know. 

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

I still do not know anyone that has been infected with this virus. No family members, no friends, no co workers or anyone they know. 

Hopefully it stays that way for you. 

• Like 1

Here bars and restaurants that dont ensure distancing and allows it to be crowded are warned then shut down. At least a handfull has been shut down within the last week.

Just found out my uncle has also passed away. He was already suffering from lung cancer due to asbestos exposure. Never stood a chance with this virus. 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Just found out my uncle has also passed away. He was already suffering from lung cancer due to asbestos exposure. Never stood a chance with this virus. 

Sorry to hear that @Squirrel, are you still shut down/at home?