Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

11 hours ago, Lann said:

I love the optimism when i read about preschools opening up with the restriction of a distance of 2 meters between kids.. 🤣 

8 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

I saw a news item about this in Denmark. A large part of the kids just cannot go to school because the other kids take up too much space.
They will probably find some temporary space in the coming period but not right now.

An yeah, pre-school.... Those kids are like pingpongballs in a room. What are they going to do... This? 

spacer.png

The 2 meter thing makes for a good headline but it's really only in the class rooms it's truly that black and white. As for preschools and after-school programs, the kids are divided into groups of 5 or so along with an adult and then have their own room and section outside to play in. Something similar is also in place for the recess periods.

So far, schools have opened up until 5th grade. Allowing the rest of the kids to come back would indeed be difficult to sort out because most, if not all, class rooms are already occupied due to classes being divided into smaller groups in order to follow the 2 meter rule. Several schools are already having classes outside because they've run out of class rooms. 

Edited by Banketelli

Florida governor says that schools will not be opening back up until the Fall. No clue if graduations are cancelled. My daughter is not happy but it is what it is.

27 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Florida governor says that schools will not be opening back up until the Fall. No clue if graduations are cancelled. My daughter is not happy but it is what it is.

Well, as parents, we all know that school is a breeding ground for anything that goes around. Eventhough few children seem to have been affected by this,  that may be due to not testing because they exhibit no strong symptoms.

Other than nursing homes and such, the above reasoning is the reason schools should be the last to return to normalcy.......well after people begin to return to work.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Today the government announced kids will be able to get out of their homes with their parents next week. Considering how frustrated people are staying at their homes and the excuses they have been inventing all these weeks to get out at least 10 minutes I don't think this is a good idea xDDD

Our schools never closed, still my kids go to both school and preschool. I guess after this there might be some research and studies done to prepare us all for the next one. Stay safe!

The retard on Infowars says the Covid 19 was designed to eat your testicles. This guy's farts must sound like a quiet whoosh from all the stupidity he pulls from his butt!

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 minute ago, Lann said:

Outside fully packed bars in Stockholm last night, a bit too optimistic if I may say. (Idiots)

BIruaY6.jpg

Wow. Sweden has some of the fewest cases in the world though, right?

Dodgeservice.png

6 minutes ago, Dodge said:

Wow. Sweden has some of the fewest cases in the world though, right?

I think this gave some people a reason/excuse to change behaviour:

On 4/18/2020 at 3:32 PM, Lann said:

A calculation suggest Stockholm saw culmination a few days ago, and that a third of its population has been infected.

I hope that is true. 

4.8 Billion people on the planet with 2.25 million known cases. Folks just aren't scared enough to take it serious.

I don't think we can just be terrified and hide forever.

2 hours ago, Dodge said:

Right. I guess you dont need to be terrified. Just cautious. That'll go a long way towards heading it off. 

Exactly. We are doing a pretty good job of cautious/smart at work. No mass lunch at the picnic table, etc. 

Going to the store is still a mess though. WalMart says they limit the amount of shoppers and it's BS. Grocery aisles were packed and everyone was on top of one another trying to get things. Paper products are still near impossible to find in most stores.

15 hours ago, Sinister said:

Exactly. We are doing a pretty good job of cautious/smart at work. No mass lunch at the picnic table, etc. 

Going to the store is still a mess though. WalMart says they limit the amount of shoppers and it's BS. Grocery aisles were packed and everyone was on top of one another trying to get things. Paper products are still near impossible to find in most stores.

Working in a supermarket temporarily and can confirm this is the case over here also. Big queues to get in but still absolutely no chance of managing social distancing and most of the customers look at me like I'm a walking manifestation of the virus.

Willing a return to my "proper" job (or something else entirely) 

It has all just got very real for me. Just found out that my friends dad has died after catching the virus. 

This is the first person I personally know who has died and it’s a bit of a shock to the system. 

All I can say is stay the f*ck indoors! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

Working in a supermarket temporarily and can confirm this is the case over here also. Big queues to get in but still absolutely no chance of managing social distancing and most of the customers look at me like I'm a walking manifestation of the virus.

Willing a return to my "proper" job (or something else entirely) 

They are wanting to close all of the markets here in the states and turn them into curbside/delivery only. 

Talked to my friend yesterday as he walked by while I was gardening. His childhood friend caught it and had described it as the worst thing he ever experienced. Like if someone "cut him open from belly to brain, filled up with skorpions and snakes and then closed it". It seems to take so many different shapes.

I've only been to a supermarket 3 times since lockdown (managed to get a couple of deliverys done as well) but have to say each time the social distancing rules were pretty well kept to at that shop. First two times there was no queing, not a busy time of day I guess,  but door staff were counting the number of people let in. Last time there was also a queue with spaces marked outside to give 2m gaps. Not too bad though, took maybe 15 minutes to get in. Everyone inside was giving each other plenty of room and apart from no eggs most things were in stock. My wife has been put on a high risk list, but not the very highest. She is allowed out to shop but has been told she should stay off work for at least 12 weeks (or longer if our GP says so) even if the place she works at reopens sooner. I have to stick to the same rules, but the company I work at told most of us to work from home even before the government said so.

3 minutes ago, Sinister said:

To be fair, I was in a Wal Mart in Florida. Not exactly a great venue to judge normal behavior. 

It's not that different here.

They do limit the number of persons that can be in the store. They do it by forcing everybody to use a shopping cart and the number of carts available is the same as the maximum number of people in the store. But the people in the store act weird.

It's the anxiety. Some people (like me) try to keep away from others and wait for a space to open up when another person has finished picking their stuff form a shelf or in an aisle. I do want to get out of the store asap but I don't want to give up all the healthy rules doing so.

Others get impatient and then forget all about social distancing. Racing through the store, slicing through others as if the rain doesn't hit you when you run.

Impatience will get you sick with this virus.

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

It has all just got very real for me. Just found out that my friends dad has died after catching the virus. 

This is the first person I personally know who has died and it’s a bit of a shock to the system. 

All I can say is stay the f*ck indoors! 

I was discussing this with my neighbour yesterday. I know one person that catched the virus but he recovered. I know nobody who died from it so it is remains abstract.
I can imagine that your situation results in a big reality check @Squirrel

Stay safe man....

I already hated supermarkets before this outbreak, so I've only used smaller local shops and they've just been letting as many people in as possible with distancing when queuing (less than 2m), which makes very little sense.

I go with a mask and gloves and I'm almost always the only one.

Hear it's a lot more strict at supermarkets, having to wait your turn outside, etc, but I haven't got the patience for that.

Edited by DavidCore89