Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

11 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

That is interesting. Maybe they are more immune to it because they are constantly hanging around sick people? 

Far more people than initialy realised show 'mild to no' symptons. Icelands testing suggests maybe 50% show no symptons (forgive the CNN link but it was the first on my quick search).

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/01/europe/iceland-testing-coronavirus-intl/index.html

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

They have been telling us for weeks now that a large percentage of people infected are Asymptomatic. That means they do not show signs or symptoms of the disease and they are responsible for lots of the spread. It is the reason the CDC in the states recommends that everyone wears a mask. 

Those people have a very strong immune system that has no problem fighting off the virus without causing problems for the host.

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

That is interesting. Maybe they are more immune to it because they are constantly hanging around sick people? 

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Symptoms can take a week or so to show.

"As many as 90% could be infected but showing no symptoms, they could infect others, but rarely do" - The Swedish Public Health Agency's top epidemiologist

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lann said:

"As many as 90% could be infected but showing no symptoms, they could infect others, but rarely do" - The Swedish Public Health Agency's top epidemiologist

Today the director of our National Health institute (say CDC) has told to the parlement that people who get mild symptoms may not be automatically immume a second time.

This is because, in that case, they do not create enough antibodies...

But they will need to do more research to be certain.

2 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

Today the director of our National Health institute (say CDC) has told to the parlement that people who get mild symptoms may not be automatically immume a second time.

This is because, in that case, they do not create enough antibodies...

But they will need to do more research to be certain.

That should be simple to gather that data, but meds could change the immune response.

People that are taking biologicals(Like for Crohn's Disease, Rheumatoid arthritis... ect) are at risk with diminished immune response, the idea to make those meds work for those conditions.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I was just watching a report for the uninsured U.S covid 19 patients paying $42,000 to 74,000. The insured patient will pay the measly chump change of $21,000 to $38,000 no problem. Bruh 😷.

8 hours ago, Smurf said:

I was just watching a report for the uninsured U.S covid 19 patients paying $42,000 to 74,000. The insured patient will pay the measly chump change of $21,000 to $38,000 no problem. Bruh 😷.

With this one I want to stay as far away from politics as possible. But I do think such a health system is just inhumane...

• Like 3

Norway, our neighbours (and home of some relatives) are opening up schoold grade 1-4 and ease the restrictions on travelling. Lets hope we are seeing the beginning of the end to this crap.

10 minutes ago, Lann said:

Norway, our neighbours (and home of some relatives) are opening up schoold grade 1-4 and ease the restrictions on travelling. Lets hope we are seeing the beginning of the end to this crap.

Hope so too.

Yesterday we say the first decrease of people in Intensive Care since the start of this all. 1408 against 1424 on Tuesday.
Hope this trend continues... Allthough this decrease can mean many things..

Still we have more dan 20.000 confirmed cases and 2250 deaths because of Corona. 😞 

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Corona running riot in the UK.

Can see there being over 1000 deaths today :classic_sad:

With the various issues there are with testing in general, plus the difficulty collating deaths in care homes and the community, we're probably already past that grim milestone as it takes time to compile the figures. And that's before any agency or government decides to 'massage' it's recorded figures for any number of reasons.

---

In other more personal news, the kitchen my parents are having fitted (essential work as the previous one was flooded out) has been delayed as the builder had to rush off and fix an NHS worker's broken washing machine. Protecting the Health Service takes many forms indeed.

I just finished my first week working from home, its been pretty good so far.I had to go pick up my chair from the office. I imagine more work will be done from home after this situation is over. 

A swedish politician on CNN about their reflections and tactics to fight this. In english, but not sure if the link will work.

17 minutes ago, Lann said:

A swedish politician on CNN about their reflections and tactics to fight this. In english, but not sure if the link will work.

I just finished my first week working from home, its been pretty good so far.

Sensible lady.

The part about mutual trust, where government trusts the citizen to do what they advise and the citizen trusts the government to arrange good healthcare, is veeeeeeery important.

And it apparantly works. Netherlands is somewhere between Sweden and total lockdown. But I can feel the same trust.

Edited by Schumi6581

Into my third week of being locked down now. Would be a lot worse without a PS4 to keep me busy. 

Its had a predictable effect on my average step count. 

FED1B33A-8E9A-4B98-A1F0-7CD906003E86.jpe

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Into my third week of being locked down now. Would be a lot worse without a PS4 to keep me busy. 

Its had a predictable effect on my average step count. 

FED1B33A-8E9A-4B98-A1F0-7CD906003E86.jpe

An in inverse correlation to your waistline maybe?

1 minute ago, JuniorChubb said:

An in inverse correlation to your waistline maybe?

I’m using less energy so actually not eating as much as normal. My body and mind is almost in a semi-hibernation state. 

• Like 1

Cities around the world are seeing major drops in air pollution levels during the shutdowns.

Some big lessons could be learned during this event, sadly the human race won't accept them.

• Like 3

Just been to do a big shop with the wife, only one shopper allowed in, so I stayed in the car doing my fave past time of people watching.

Taxi pulled up, driver gave passenger their change, she put it in her mouth while she got out! Then another shopper comes out in gloves, gets in his car and drives off still wearing the gloves. People arguing with the security guard that only 1 shopper is allowed in at a time. 

There is simply no hope for some people. 

In better news, I've been accepted as a NHS responder volunteer, so if prescriptions or equipment needs moving I can help out so valuable people aren't taken away from the nhs

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 11

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

3 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

I've been accepted as a NHS responder volunteer

Well played sir, I considered volunteering but with my asthma I am too bloody paranoid.

Update from France. The President is announcing the end of lockdown for may 11th. That will be 2 months of lockdown. 

Numbers are slowly getting better though. Bars, restaurants, museums, festivals will remain closed after may 11th.

8 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Update from France. The President is announcing the end of lockdown for may 11th. That will be 2 months of lockdown. 

Numbers are slowly getting better though. Bars, restaurants, museums, festivals will remain closed after may 11th.

Waiting for BoJo to tell us what the craic is after 3 weeks. Expecting things to stay the same if not some stricter rules in places 

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

9 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

hmm.. I am looking at the graphs from France and The Netherlands and comparing them. Your county seems to be further in "flattening the curve" than NL. Our end date is now set to the 28th of April but France extending makes it logical voor NL to extend too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Waiting for BoJo to tell us what the craic is after 3 weeks. Expecting things to stay the same if not some stricter rules in places 

LMMFAO@ BoJo!

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!