Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

15 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

The amount of people dying from this each day is staggering.

Stay safe!

Yes it is. Infection/death rates are rising rapidly here in the states. We are now number one in the world for confirmed cases and climbing. Some how many folks still think its a joke and that things will return to normal in a week or two.

The worst part about him catching it is that he’s been touring hospitals and shaking everyones hands. What an absolute moron. Its a good job he’s not in charge of anything important 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Stupid politicians worried about damn illegal aliens being left out of the stimulus package because they don't use a SSN# to file their  taxes, if they file,. While disabled Veterans that didn't have to file taxes, disability payment are not taxable, will not get any help. I know several guys in that boat.

• Sad 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

The UK Health Secretary is next on the list not surprising considering how closely he’s been working with Boris. 

I don’t think it will be long until more government ministers are revealed to be infected. 

The balance between shutting down things too much letting younger generations take the long time consequences, and not shutting things down heavily letting our older generation take more severe consequences seems to be a tough one. Our government tries to balance this, reduced restricted groups to 50 (500) and introduced releif aimed at smaller businesses. Still far from a lockdown here, schools up to grade 9 (year before high school) are still up and running.

(edit)

Found this article:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-03-27/coronavirus-want-to-escape-a-lockdown-try-sweden

SO I got a phone call from a cousin who is a lawyer, said he was talking to a doctor freind of his that said if you get sick don't use Advil or Ibuprohin (spelling?), those supposedly make the virus worse and to use Tylanol instead. There is some info on the net about this but I didn't look to hard *n it. Just something you can research if you want.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

37 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

SO I got a phone call from a cousin who is a lawyer, said he was talking to a doctor freind of his that said if you get sick don't use Advil or Ibuprohin (spelling?), those supposedly make the virus worse and to use Tylanol instead. There is some info on the net about this but I didn't look to hard *n it. Just something you can research if you want.

From the NHS:

"There is currently no strong evidence that non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen can make coronavirus (COVID-19) worse.

But until we have more information, take paracetamol to treat the symptoms of coronavirus, unless your doctor has told you paracetamol is not suitable for you.

If you have no coronavirus symptoms and regularly take ibuprofen for pain relief, carry on taking it as usual. If you develop coronavirus symptoms, ask your doctor about changing to paracetamol instead."

Cases across my county are on a rapid rise now.

I am enjoying "people watching" during this time. Everyone wearing gloves while pushing shopping carts and stuff around, opening doors, etc. They walk to their car with those same gloves on and whip out their phone and grab their steering wheel while taking a drink. 

• Like 1

I've been hearing that infection rates may be 10x what we've seen confirmed, and there is a higher level of immunity than was expected. I'm not sure how valid the info is, but it's possibly good news.

I figure there are many more unknown case than known ones. Not everyone will get terribly sick and many will be basically unaware that they are even sick. Getting "sick" has always been a  pretty rare thing for me. Even the couple times I have had "The Flu" were pretty uneventful. Rarely get a fever or any symptoms beyond a sore throat and stuffy nose.

Early Feb of this year was very different though. Whatever my wife brought back for that cruise ship was vicious. We were both sick for a couple weeks and I was pretty sure I was going to die and my next cough was going to bring up my lungs. Part of me believes it was this Covid thing. When my wife went to the doctor she was not even tested for Flu because they were out of tests. They just told her she had it and gave her some antibiotics and stuff. Me being me, I didn't see anyone, just took lots of Dayquil and kept my distance from people. Kids never got sick oddly enough.

6 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Just wondering how much Corona babies are going to be born because of quarantine.

I hear pregnancies are booming in Italy. 

edit: I should say expected pregnancies. 

Edited by omarcomin71

5 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Just wondering how much Corona babies are going to be born because of quarantine.

The people that "violate" "social distancing"? 😛

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Hopefully those people are using protection and the number is zero. This planet has far too many humans on it as it is. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

On topic: do we have any members in NY? They're getting hammered.

I’m 60 miles from NYC.
But some rich jerks from the wealthy town next to us has the highest number of cases in our county, so I’m starting to feel sandwiched.