Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Interesting development in Brazil with serious worldwide implications. 

Their President confirmed to have the virus. He also had a very public handshake with Trump a few days ago. 

False.

The son of the Brazilian President confirmed the test was negative.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

5 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Yeah get your facts straight before giving people hope like this @Squirrel 😁

Well, The Brazilian Prez son is a ret*rd. I think it's still unknown for sure.

edit: I watched him say it was negative.

Edited by zztop911

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I believe this topic has went past its information value atm. Locking it for the time being.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Opening the topic back up, keep it within the realm of increasing knowlodge of the virus and the current effect on society around you. 

The Governor of my state has shutdown all k-12 schools till March 30. Locally a university city near me is conisdering a ban on all alcohol, gun and ammunition sales because of the virus. They must figure everyone is gonna be on a shooting spree for toilet paper....and sad I can see that happening but it won't be new sales causing it, if a TP killer is out there he already has the gun and bullets..

Within my own home we have 30 day(ish) supplies, we almost always do so I am not worried about the hording others are doing, we usually keep things stocked just incase a money emergency would come up so we have enough to live on without money amd enough ammo that would be *ss wipe robbers should keep right on drivin to the next house.

I'm not to conecerned for me, I think I could survive it if I got it, but I doubt my wife would with her health issues, anything to cause breathing issues is a struggle for her, so this would probably do her in..

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

We are good on Food and stuff at our house. Diagnosis rate is slowly climbing in the state and all the Theme Parks, Race tracks, etc are on lock down.

Not to concerned about anyone in the house catching it. Kids are basically being untouched and the wife and I are in good health. More concerned about my parents in their mid 60s and my Mother in Law that is in her 70s and dealing with Skin Cancer right now.

• Like 1

Think US and UK are taking similar strategies. Lockdowns like in Italy etc are not likely to happen. 

I have a friend whose a nurse on respiratory ward in the biggest hospital in the area. They are working fully geared up ready for cases but there hasn’t been a single case needing hospital treatment in Leeds. 19 cases confirmed in the city where I live, 5 near where I work. This is only confirmed cases so likely to be many with mild symptoms not being tested. 

Hard to know actual numbers now as testing is being curtailed here. Basically you’re on your own unless you develop severe symptoms, if you don’t need a doctor or hospital, don’t go anywhere near them. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

ow actual numbers now as testing is being curtailed here. Basically you’re on your own unless you develop severe symptoms, if you don’t need a doctor or hospital, don’t go anywhere near them. 

Same here. Except the government and doctors on TV are very pessimists and are saying very alarming things about half the population catching it. 

It is true that we aren't very disciplined with the lockdown thing. I'm amazed at how well behaved the italians are. 

We're probably gonna be on full lockdown come wednesday. Currently, lots of workers are still allowed to work, even if work-at-home is encouraged. 

7 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Same here. Except the government and doctors on TV are very pessimists and are saying very alarming things about half the population catching it. 

It is true that we aren't very disciplined with the lockdown thing. I'm amazed at how well behaved the italians are. 

We're probably gonna be on full lockdown come wednesday. Currently, lots of workers are still allowed to work, even if work-at-home is encouraged. 

I think part of the reason why we’re not locking down is because there is little to be gained from it. We’re just not as compliant as the Chinese. 

Just got word from my boss, she’s self isolating now as she just returned from Spain. Don’t think it will be long till I’ll be working from home. 

• Like 1

People are still a bunch of idiots and don't understand they don't have to buy all the entire supermarket, so some of them put some regulations (for example, there can only be 10 people inside). And, even the state of alarm, people demonstrate how ret*rded they are doing a normal life. They don't understand even if they have to pay €600 to the police.

• Like 1

Here the country is not in total lockdown but we're getting close. Yesterday evening extra measures have been communicated.

- Everybody has been told to work from home as much as possible. At my workplace al physical meetings have been cancelled.
- Schools are closed. Except for kids with parents in specific workfields (police, hospital, food production, etc)
- al places you can eat or drink are closed. 
- no (sports) events.
- hospitals are only doing emergency care.

Public transport is still functioning, airports are still open and shops are still open. Although many shops are changing their opening hours because of no people showing up.
People seem to be listening because this morning public transport had 85% less passengers than on a usual monday morning.

Official numbers are 1135 Corona cases, 20 persons have sadly died because of it.

I am inside with my daughters but my wife is on the Canary islands housesitting for a friend. Let's see if she can get home...

• Like 1

Slightly more worrying news, obviously internet use is higher in countries under isolation and ISP’s are struggling to keep up. 

Now is a good time to get games downloaded and updated. Same with films, tv shows etc. If your planning on watching Netflix while isolated, well so is everyone else. 

It could be also a good time to go back to physical gaming so make sure you’ve got board games at home for your family to fall out over and even dust off your CD and DVD collections. 

This is going to be interesting for kids having to deal with a pre-digital society as they’ve never dealt with it before.  

• Like 3

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/uk-coronavirus-crisis-to-last-until-spring-2021-and-could-see-79m-hospitalised

Leaked report - if accurate - suggests that:

* the UK is expecting an 80% infection rate over the next twelve months.

* the rate of hospitalizations may be as high as 15% or 7 million people.

* the UK's testing capacity is so over-burdened that not even front line NHS staff are being tested. 

A very effective public health poster from the States that I thought worth sharing:

ETMXfwTXsAEj1Nr?format=jpg&name=medium

One of the memes that has made me laugh out loud:

dl0fmg9asnl41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Good thing I have AC Origins and Odyssey to start 😁

I have finished the story for origins but tons of side stuff still to complete. Picked up odyssey while it was on sale the other week. There’s a large online component of those games. I’m hoping they can be played offline if necessary. 

• Like 1

Not sure if to lost this here or in @TheBoyBry thread 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

Not sure if to lost this here or in @TheBoyBry thread 

Literally what my house will be like if it comes to it. 

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Just got a call from my VA Primary care doc. She's gonna change a med, but they are going to try video consulting for some appointments.

Great idea with a large percentage of Vets being in the high risk group.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Spring break is being extended in most school districts here. I'm lucky, the area I live in is usually ahead of the curve when things like this happen. I hope that is the case this time. Our government employees are being urged to stock up 3 months of supplies and prepare for at least 60 days in lock down. I hope you guys got your *ss wipes in order. On that note, I'm a plumber. Take my advice, don't flush anything but toilet paper.

Edited by Jjss924
  • Haha 4

NY Gov. Como has never been on my list of good politicians, but he is doing a great job on this crisis. Not only is he making positive moves to lessen exposure, he is keeping his people informed.

I like that.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

NY Gov. Como want more hospital beds and build temp hospitals.  Shipping containers could be turned around extremely quick and very cheap!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I have finished the story for origins but tons of side stuff still to complete. Picked up odyssey while it was on sale the other week. There’s a large online component of those games. I’m hoping they can be played offline if necessary. 

I didn't touch any online part of these games, not sure what the online part is? I still have to finish Odyssey.

5 minutes ago, Danielle said:

I didn't touch any online part of these games, not sure what the online part is? I still have to finish Odyssey.

There’s lots of events and time dependant reward missions that appear for a short time.