Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

UK Minister for Health confirmed to have Corona. The level of irony is high with this one. I’m expecting a quick change in how our government responds to the crisis now. 

10 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

UK Minister for Health confirmed to have Corona. The level of irony is high with this one. I’m expecting a quick change in how our government responds to the crisis now. 

Is he an old guy?

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Is he an old guy?

She’s in her 60’s. Had a lot of contact with the rest of the government recently including Boris. 

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

She’s in her 60’s. Had a lot of contact with the rest of the government recently including Boris. 

Wouldn’t it be funny if they all died?  Yes.  It would be. 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

While I wouldn’t wish death on them, if certain members of our fantastic government came down with a rather nasty and public bout of the sh*ts I would have a little giggle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

While I wouldn’t wish death on them, if certain members of our fantastic government came down with a rather nasty and public bout of the sh*ts I would have a little giggle. 

They’ve been sh*tting themselves in public for years, hasn’t done them any harm yet. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

It could have its own marketing line too...

Covid, doing what g*ido couldn’t since 2020

Edit: forgot Mr Fawkes’ first name was an insulting slang phrase for an Italian 😂 

• Haha 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

3 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

forgot Mr Fawkes’ first name was an insult I’ve slang phrase for an Italian

Let's just call him Guy 😄 

• Like 1

Random Guy Fawkes facts for you.

Parts of York don’t celebrate his death like the rest of the country as he’s from there. 

Also he avoided the grisly part of his execution by jumping off the scaffold to break his own neck before they had a chance to disembowel and castrate him 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Parts of York don’t celebrate his death like the rest of the country as he’s from there. 

Yup, it’s the same with Peter Sutcliffe

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

We no longer utter that name around here. 

Actually I may have overstepped the line...

Changed to someone just as monstrous, just from a little longer ago.

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Random Guy Fawkes facts for you.

Also he avoided the grisly part of his execution by jumping off the scaffold to break his own neck before they had a chance to disembowel and castrate him 

2 of his crew who escaped, were shot dead at a country house about 2 miles from my house, still bullet holes on the outside of the building, but you cant go and see as its now a nursing home

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

4 minutes ago, Con said:

Italy has suspended all mortgage payments due to the economic impact of the virus. Imagine that....the already filthy rich giving people a break. 

What about the not so filthy rich? Imagine a small store, with 2 employees working and that makes just enough money to pay itself up and give a bellow average wage to its owner (which is the reality for 90% of the businesses here in Portugal)? How are they going to survive? I already closed 2 of my 3 shops, and dispensed my 2 employees and am working alone on the 3rd shop. When things calm down I will see what I can salvage from the business, but things are not looking good!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

What about the not so filthy rich? Imagine a small store, with 2 employees working and that makes just enough money to pay itself up and give a bellow average wage to its owner (which is the reality for 90% of the businesses here in Portugal)? How are they going to survive? I already closed 2 of my 3 shops, and dispensed my 2 employees and am working alone on the 3rd shop. When things calm down I will see what I can salvage from the business, but things are not looking good!

No what I was saying was I’m shocked the rich bankers collecting mortgage payments agreed to suspend the payments for people. I don’t think that would happen in the USA. So I was saying, wow in Italy the rich care somewhat about the less rich. 
I hope we start seeing a shift in cases because here in the USA, an entire group of people think it’s a hoax or are being misinformed all while we see our economy and lifestyles being altered by this corona virus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Con said:

E3 cancelled. Damn you Corona virus! 🦠 

Sony wouldn’t have shown anyway so what would we have missed? Another COD and FIFA reskin for the end of the year. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lann said:

Over here in Sweden gathering with 500+ people are now not allowed. We also just had our first death.

Here it's 100 max. though it's still only a recommendation, not an injunction. No deaths yet but the number of infected has since Monday gone from 32 to 514 so on Friday Denmark is basically shutting down. All educational institutions getting closed and government employees serving non-critical functions send home.

Edited by Banketelli

2200+ cases and 50 dead here but no countrywide lockdown. They're only locking down schools in areas with clusters. 

Also here in France we're testing only people with symptoms so the number of cases is probably much higher.