Jump to content
JustHatched

Coronavirus, go get you some...

Recommended Posts

JuniorChubb
16 minutes ago, The_Lady_A said:

@JuniorChubb @Squirrel

Evolution doesn't work that way guys... 

Well we would like a change in the rules then please!


Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_Lady_A
16 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

@The_Lady_A Devolution?

 

9 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Well we would like a change in the rules then please!

It's a multi-generational biological process, so it doesn't conform to what we believe to be beneficial - our beliefs work in a much faster time frame. 

So the person in your example hasn't done anything to further reduce their chance of procreation - and if they've already got kids it doesn't matter anyway - and have instead exposed other potential competitors to the ailment leveling the playing field, possibly making it even more challenging for others to get treatment. 

Or maybe they've infected their children already and this later reduces the likelihood of future generations.

Or maybe as only those already sick seem vulnerable, and because this person had to intensively care for a long term sick relative, should their relative sadly die suddenly the extra time the person now has leads to more children. 

Maybe all of the above happens! Maybe none of it. The appalling behaviour of the Eugenicists of the 19th/20th century makes further research into present/future human evolution inherently controversial and difficult, probably for the best.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
1 minute ago, The_Lady_A said:

 

It's a multi-generational biological process, so it doesn't conform to what we believe to be beneficial - our beliefs work in a much faster time frame. 

So the person in your example hasn't done anything to further reduce their chance of procreation - and if they've already got kids it doesn't matter anyway - and have instead exposed other potential competitors to the ailment leveling the playing field, possibly making it even more challenging for others to get treatment. 

Or maybe they've infected their children already and this later reduces the likelihood of future generations.

Or maybe as only those already sick seem vulnerable, and because this person had to intensively care for a long term sick relative, should their relative sadly die suddenly the extra time the person now has leads to more children. 

Maybe all of the above happens! Maybe none of it. The appalling behaviour of the Eugenicists of the 19th/20th century makes further research into present/future human evolution inherently controversial and difficult, probably for the best.

Maybe...

We’ll just experiment only on @Squirrel, in the name of science!

  • Haha 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel
9 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Maybe...

We’ll just experiment only on @Squirrel, in the name of science!

I’m already on a crazy cocktail of medication. Any results will be skewed 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lann

If I lived in the USA, would I have to pay for a corona test?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zztop911

I think the WHO and CDC's  death rate is lower than what they are saying. A lot of people that get it have minimal or no symptoms. Those people are not on the stats. This all depends on how accurate the figures are coming from China.

It's far less deadly than the flu. Think how deadly the flu would be if there was no vaccine.


Welcome to the nuthouse or the slaughter house................it.just depends!

You never know what's going to happen, but rest assured, it's gonna be fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister
56 minutes ago, Lann said:

If I lived in the USA, would I have to pay for a corona test?

I recall them stating that insurance companies will cover the costs.

Still have to pay for the visit to the doctor, ER, etc that you go to for the test.

28 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

 A lot of people that get it have minimal or no symptoms. Those people are not on the stats. This all depends on how accurate the figures are coming from China.

It's far less deadly than the flu. Think how deadly the flu would be if there was no vaccine.

Correct, lots of people will get it and not really notice it, all depends upon ones immune system. The way it is spreading I believe most everyone will catch it at some point. They have already said the virus has two types and the deadly one is in China and a less dangerous version is circulating the globe. The elderly and immune suppressed are the ones at risk.

 

Getting "sick" is a rare thing for me. Of course this year I caught the flu from my wife. Of course she brought it home from.....................

 

A f*cking Cruise Ship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smurf
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lann said:

If I lived in the USA, would I have to pay for a corona test?

For example during a Corona Outbreak on a quarantined cruise ship docked in Japan, the Americans were hit with an almost $4,000 bill for their health screening. And as expect, pay for the provided chartered flight back home.

The health care system doesn't seem to give an incentive to a individual to even stroll into a hospital to get a simple check up. If your insured they'll milk everything through unnecessary testing unbeknownst to you. Too bad the president doesn't have the house to see what he would accomplish with a comprehensive plan, if one existed that is.

Edited by Smurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister
33 minutes ago, Smurf said:

 

The health care system doesn't seem to give an incentive to a individual to even stroll into a hospital to get a simple check up. If your insured they'll milk everything through unnecessary testing unbeknownst to you. 

Pretty much. Going to the Dr. is the last thing I want to do because it gets expensive quickly. Even with the expensive insurance that only covers what it wants to.

I stopped going to one of the best Hospitals in the country about my stomach because  all I was getting was the run around. Thousands of dollars in tests just to tell me they don't know what is wrong with me. They put the first 2 grand on a payment plan but won't do the same for the other 2 because the payment isn't "enough". Well I bet it would be more than the zero dollars a month I am currently paying them.

It's all a scam because  just like everything else in this country health care is ran like a Business instead of a Service and for some stupid reason Americans couldn't be happier with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smurf

Singapore has always had a good afordable reputation when it comes to the health care industry, for possibly a decade now.

I always wondered why the yanks don't trust it as a viable option to travel there for surgery (well definately maybe not now 🤧), instead of being stuck with a bill that might balloon ten times as much State side.

Anyways, I believe if they find the cure  for the Corona, they should simply put it in cough medicines, and over the counter pills to reach the masses, depending on the side effects ofcourse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lann
3 hours ago, Smurf said:

For example during a Corona Outbreak on a quarantined cruise ship docked in Japan, the Americans were hit with an almost $4,000 bill for their health screening. And as expect, pay for the provided chartered flight back home.

The health care system doesn't seem to give an incentive to a individual to even stroll into a hospital to get a simple check up. If your insured they'll milk everything through unnecessary testing unbeknownst to you. Too bad the president doesn't have the house to see what he would accomplish with a comprehensive plan, if one existed that is.

 

2 hours ago, Sinister said:

Pretty much. Going to the Dr. is the last thing I want to do because it gets expensive quickly. Even with the expensive insurance that only covers what it wants to.

I stopped going to one of the best Hospitals in the country about my stomach because  all I was getting was the run around. Thousands of dollars in tests just to tell me they don't know what is wrong with me. They put the first 2 grand on a payment plan but won't do the same for the other 2 because the payment isn't "enough". Well I bet it would be more than the zero dollars a month I am currently paying them.

It's all a scam because  just like everything else in this country health care is ran like a Business instead of a Service and for some stupid reason Americans couldn't be happier with it. 

It does not sound like something that will help keeping a virus from spreading. But on the other hand here we can get tested for free, but then the capacity to test is limited with such big request resulting in long wait to actually get tested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

Biggest impact I’m seeing so far is senseless panic buying. 
 

Toilet Roll, Hand Sanitiser and Pasta all cleared out in my local supermarket. There’s no need to go crazy about this but people are dumb. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CatManDoza

First case local to me in Wolverhampton. Facebook going crazy, casa del Catman is business as usual. 

Although by the look of the blockage I've just cleared in my ubend, I think I've found the corona virus hidden away! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Catman of House Mandoza, first of his name, the unsober, King of the Sandals and the worst men, Wolf in Sheep’s clothing, Breaker of Belts and father of Catman Jr...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Biggest impact I’m seeing so far is senseless panic buying. 

This is exactly why Government advice has to do its best to make people aware of the situation without causing panic, a very fine line to walk in this situation.

In other news, I visited the in-laws in South London today. I went in and washed my hands before meeting and greeting everyone. We had two other visitors and one person left the house (shops) and came back twice, no hand washing to be seen from anyone but plenty of ‘the Government are handling this the wrong way’ chat to be heard.

 

  • Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Con

Does the corona virus give you extreme diarrhea? I ask because toilet paper seems to be selling out. I mean, are people worried that we might have to stay in our homes quarantined so long that we will run out of toilet paper at home over a flu virus that doesn’t seem to be evolving into a stronger strain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CatManDoza
6 minutes ago, Con said:

Does the corona virus give you extreme diarrhea? I ask because toilet paper seems to be selling out. I mean, are people worried that we might have to stay in our homes quarantined so long that we will run out of toilet paper at home over a flu virus that doesn’t seem to be evolving into a stronger strain? 

No, no it doesn't, people are just f*cktards

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Catman of House Mandoza, first of his name, the unsober, King of the Sandals and the worst men, Wolf in Sheep’s clothing, Breaker of Belts and father of Catman Jr...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

People aren’t panic buying because they think they are going to be stuck inside for a couple of weeks. The media are reporting that people are panic buying which makes people panic buy. 
 

At no point was there going to be a toilet roll shortage in the UK but because there was some reports in Australia about it the media have picked up on it and the panic spread world wide. The News started showing pictures of empty shelves so people went crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Con
9 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

No, no it doesn't, people are just f*cktards

Lmao. I’m trying to keep my wife away from that list.

Here’s another question...if the threat is so serious and you do end up in the hospital, why you stockpiling your home with supplies? You aren’t going to be there until the hospital dismisses you. 

I think precaution like smart people do on a regular basis is best advice I can give, unless you work in healthcare or with the elderly, then you may have to be more concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Con
1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

People aren’t panic buying because they think they are going to be stuck inside for a couple of weeks. The media are reporting that people are panic buying which makes people panic buy. 
 

At no point was there going to be a toilet roll shortage in the UK but because there was some reports in Australia about it the media have picked up on it and the panic spread world wide. The News started showing pictures of empty shelves so people went crazy. 

Yeah a few weeks ago in Hong Kong a toilet paper heist was busted and media flames were fanned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
Posted (edited)

Well there's always a chance of local outbreaks, at which point the community could be quarantined at home, and that's when the supplies will be useful.

But yeah, media are like fuel to fire.

Edited by DavidCore89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel
8 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Well there's always a chance of local outbreaks, at which point the community could be quarantined at home, and that's when the supplies will be useful.

But yeah, media are like fuel to fire.

If I have to be quarantined then I’m ordering my food shopping online. I’ll just get the guy to leave it on my doorstep and it will be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

If I have to be quarantined then I’m ordering my food shopping online. I’ll just get the guy to leave it on my doorstep and it will be fine. 

All well and good and that would normally be me.

However, when you need to drop the kids off at the pool and the Tesco dude still hasn't been, it's a slippery slope from then on :classic_laugh:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CatManDoza
Just now, DavidCore89 said:

All well and good and that would normally be me.

However, when you need to drop the kids off at the pool and the Tesco dude still hasn't been, it's a slippery slope from then on :classic_laugh:

That's why I always keep a West brom shirt hidden away for emergencies..... 

  • Haha 5

Catman of House Mandoza, first of his name, the unsober, King of the Sandals and the worst men, Wolf in Sheep’s clothing, Breaker of Belts and father of Catman Jr...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...