Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

Not making light of this situation at all, but maybe something to put a little smile on your faces

yTLKID6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

14 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Comedian Ol' Billy Red Sack with a positive message during this trying time.

For Bill Burr, he let 'em off lightly! :default_miao:

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Finland opens up more again, as did Norway. 

It seems Belgium and Sweden both suffers from the virus getting into elderly-housings and causing increase in casualties.

This thread has been reopened. I can not stress enough, do NOT post inflammatory, political, or defamatory posts regarding the current pandemic. Please use this thread to discuss what is happening, how you are affected,  and engage in general discussion regarding this whole event. 

All Moderators have the authority to hide questionable replies, and lock the thread if it gets out of control again. 

Any person violating forum rules regarding this thread will be subject to forum warning points. These points are applied to your profile and can lead up to, and include a ban from this website.

Please be mindful of your posts. 

Dodgeservice.png

I find it hard to relate to this. I feel like I am in good health and not that old, I should be ok and so will my family. Probably feelings related to the ones you have when your young and feel immortal. Part of it is good, as it keeps me from any type of panic, as long as i still act with caution. But it does get more real when you put a face on the deaths, and yesterday one of Swedens popular radio/tv hosts died at age 51, and a week ago a distant relative also passed away. We get news on that numbers shows a positive trend over here, and I hope they are right. The kids track & field and volleyboll practices moved outside a few weeks ago, even the BJJ did, although without the actual wrestling. Sports like golf and cycling has been very popular with adults as its outdoor with little need to be close to eachother. Yesterday they opened up for kids sports, like soccer matches to be played, good decision.   

The whole thing (spread of the virus and the wider consequences) is intrinsically political and you might as well delete the entire thread if those parts can't be discussed imo 🙂

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

The whole thing (spread of the virus and the wider consequences) is intrinsically political and you might as well delete the entire thread if those parts can't be discussed imo 🙂

I agree to some degree and understand your point. 🙂 But I also think it is interesting to read everyones local and personal aspects. I find that more interesting than the big pictures that are in the news 24/7. Also those news will have different angles depending the source and we will interpret them different, there is no one truth. I do think the thread can be interesting even if we stay away from the obvious sensitive aspects and try to stick with fellow gamers local and personal aspects. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Lann said:

I agree to some degree and understand your point. 🙂 But I also think it is interesting to read everyones local and personal aspects. I find that more interesting than the big pictures that are in the news 24/7. Also those news will have different angles depending the source and we will interpret them different, there is no one truth. I do think the thread can be interesting even if we stay away from the obvious sensitive aspects and try to stick with fellow gamers local and personal aspects. 

When done respectfully questioning everything (and actually listening to the answers) is hugely beneficial. Personally believe you cannot frame any part of covid-19, the economics, health or other social issues, without a holistic approach to the subject. Otherwise the answers you can arrive at will inevitably be flawed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

The only political discussion that won't draw the ire of anyone here is how China withheld info and lied about the outbreak and mishandled it early on.

I said MANY times that they were lying to the world about the severity.

6 confirmed cases in my county and no deaths.

Edited by zztop911

Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 hours ago, Lann said:

Well, I agree to a point.  There is really only one truth. People's interpretation of that truth is where differences occur.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

On a positive note, Connie Kitchen, 106 yrs old of Great Britain, survives Covid-19 and is out of hospital after a 3 week stay..

Because Fat Buds Matter!

21 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

The only political discussion that won't draw the ire of anyone here is how China withheld info and lied about the outbreak and mishandled it early on.

I said MANY times that they were lying to the world about the severity.

6 confirmed cases in my county and no deaths.

The politics of each individual country is important in understanding the potential for global continued spread of covid-19. We've all been affected by decisions made by our own governments that we can surely discuss and learn from each others experiences without drawing ire in any way? 

As for china, an authoritarian government that is known to manipulate it's economic growth & currency not recording deaths accurately doesn't surprise me. Globally and even within individual countries there is much disparity in how to record cause of death. For example I have questions about the methodologies of my own country in this matter, as they seem to change by the day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

The politics of each individual country is important in understanding the potential for global continued spread of covid-19. We've all been affected by decisions made by our own governments that we can surely discuss and learn from each others experiences without drawing ire in any way? 

We SHOULD  be able to do that................BUT!

Individual preconceived ideas/bias tends to cloud a 100% logical discussion. This preconceived ideas/bias also applies to where people get their info. This can have an effect of how some discuss political matters with name calling and media contrived shock value verbiage.

Politics have started wars and revolutions. Logical discussions are not a norm. LOL!

• Like 4

Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

When done respectfully questioning everything (and actually listening to the answers) is hugely beneficial. Personally believe you cannot frame any part of covid-19, the economics, health or other social issues, without a holistic approach to the subject. Otherwise the answers you can arrive at will inevitably be flawed.

I completely agree with this, if the conversation was respectful and non inflammatory though the thread would not have been locked 3 times.

This subject can be a little raw for many as we are all living through it, when you chuck pre-set political views into the mix ‘forum friends’ can fall out very easily. I have held back from posting here myself exactly because of that.

I think admin are happy for most aspects to be discussed respectfully, however as soon the tone changes or we see an issue developing (usually sparked by politics) we lock it down so people can step back and take a breather.

• Like 5

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

9 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I completely agree with this, if the conversation was respectful and non inflammatory though the thread would not have been locked 3 times.

This subject can be a little raw for many as we are all living through it, when you chuck pre-set political views into the mix ‘forum friends’ can fall out very easily. I have held back from posting here myself exactly because of that.

I think admin are happy for most aspects to be discussed, however as soon the tone changes or we see an issue developing we lock down so people can step back and take a breather.

I was a long time member of a very large drag racing website. I made a lot of money, made some great friends and learned quite a bit about racing, tuning and tech. And then the owner added a political section. It was a CLUSTER F*CK! It would have been fine, since you could just avoid that section.  The problem came in when it bled off to other sections. Also, due to the size and traffic of this site, political trolls invaded the site.  It was actually quite comical at times. When nearing national elections, mainly presidential, you could see the same trolls beginning to post again or new arrivals popping up.

This is why I have an aversion to political discussion in forums not specifically themed as a political forum.

In this forum's case, I don't NEED nor do I want to know anyone's political inclination. I'm here for fun and politics is never fun.

• Like 5

Because Fat Buds Matter!

There are about 500 confirmed cases in my county, 300 recovered, 10 dead. Dallas County has about 2000. Harris County(Houston) has about 4000 total. We are lucky so far, compared to some places.

I've heard Texas will peak later than average, some time in early May. Hopefully, our hot and humid weather will help slow this. The weather has been back and forth lately though. Today it's 50 degrees, a few days ago it was 90.

20 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

I was a long time member of a very large drag racing website. I made a lot of money, made some great friends and learned quite a bit about racing, tuning and tech. And then the owner added a political section. It was a CLUSTER F*CK! It would have been fine, since you could just avoid that section.  The problem came in when it bled off to other sections. Also, due to the size and traffic of this site, political trolls invaded the site.  It was actually quite comical at times. When nearing national elections, mainly presidential, you could see the same trolls beginning to post again or new arrivals popping up.

This is why I have an aversion to political discussion in forums not specifically themed as a political forum.

In this forum's case, I don't NEED nor do I want to know anyone's political inclination. I'm here for fun and politics is never fun.

I understand what you're saying. It all too easily ends in whataboutery even when well intentioned to start. In this particular case political inclination isn't an issue. Not for the virus anyway. We should all be hoping our respective governments do the best they can whilst holding them accountable 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

It was a CLUSTER F*CK!

Unfortunately it often heads in this direction.

I have been hairdressing for 25 years, a golden rule they taught us when training was to not bring up religion or politics with customers. It translates well to many other situations too. People’s minds are made up before they enter the conversation so discussion rarely heads anywhere but confrontation if there is a disagreement in beliefs.

It is amplified online where tone of voice does not come into play too, sarcasm and ‘tongue in cheek’ comments can easily be missed.

Good relations can break down very quickly and we just don’t want to see that.

• Like 4

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

15 hours ago, Lann said:

This is pretty spot on. I understand that there is some political affiliation with how this is all being handled. I also understand that people's opinions about it are as widespread as the media says the pandemic is. Just be aware of what you are posting. That's all. 

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I love the optimism when i read about preschools opening up with the restriction of a distance of 2 meters between kids.. 🤣 

2 hours ago, Lann said:

I love the optimism when i read about preschools opening up with the restriction of a distance of 2 meters between kids.. 🤣 

I saw a news item about this in Denmark. A large part of the kids just cannot go to school because the other kids take up too much space.
They will probably find some temporary space in the coming period but not right now.

An yeah, pre-school.... Those kids are like pingpongballs in a room. What are they going to do... This? 

spacer.png

Edited by Schumi6581