Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

Glad the government has closed a load of stuff, people have almost no reason to go outside now.

On my way home last night, saw just 2 cars and nobody on foot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Glad the government has closed a load of stuff, people have almost no reason to go outside now.

On my way home last night, saw just 2 cars and nobody on foot.

Centre of Leeds was quiet today. Hardly anyone around. Some shops open but no one in them.

In town right now and it is nearly a ghost town. Stores empty. Restaurants empty except for to go orders. Insanity when I think that a whole one person in this massive county is even sick. Maybe we can thank the craziness for that, maybe. 

New York and CA have stopped testing the general public for the virus. They say the battle to contain the virus is lost and thy are moving to new response phases. Only health care workers and the extra vulnerable are to be tested.

Health care systems across the country are being overwhelmed. Pretty pathetic if you think about it. 320+ MILLION people in this country and it only takes 25k cases of "The Flu" to begin crippling it's health care system. 

When I used "Flu" I was not making light of the disease or its danger.

Edited by Sinister

On 3/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, Jjss924 said:

Anybody heard any good conspiracies? Best I've heard so far is that covid 19 is just a cover for 5g network health hazards.

Well, I work with at least a dozen Trump mega fans so I have heard quite a lot of silly/stupid talk about this virus.

Starting to get more real now. Apparently there’s been a death in my city now. Not seen anything official yet but there’s plenty of posts on Facebook from people who knew the guy. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 12:37 AM, JoyFreak said:

It's going to be well different after all this coronavirus.. Feel like we are in the a zombies movie haha.

I think a lot of people also have that zombie movie feeling, which in some unfortunately led them to contribute to the panic buying. Wrong kind of genre-savvy guys!

• Like 2

Strange how different it is. Alot of countries wants everyone to stay indoors at home. Here the risk group over 70 is still encouraged to take a walk in the park with a friend (but to keep a fair distance). In Germany a group of 3 are too many, here 499 is fine. Ofcourse its mostly about what kind of signal you want to send, but still. 
Be safe!

Neighbor texted me yesterday to ask me if I needed anything since she was making a supply run. Nice to have good neighbors.

She's been trying to find a way to pay me back ever since I "apprehended" a "prowler" on her place last summer. By pure chance/fate I saw this ret*rd jumping her fence one 10PM night. Texted her about it and told her to lock the doors, get in the hall closet and call the cops and let them know what I'm doing. Cops took 20 min to get there and take the damn meth-head ret*rd from my "custody". After 10 min, I called the police. To screw with the meth-head and make the police hurry up, I told them I have a bad heart and "IF" I feel like I was having an attack, I was gonna shoot this guy in the "twig and berries" and watch him bleed out as I die. The guy almost pooped his pants. He wasn't going anywhere with hands and his legs zip-tied. 😛

• Like 5

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

The number of Confirmed cases have more than doubled here in San Diego in the last two days. 80 cases to now over 200.  We’ve also had our first death. 

However the lines at the grocery stores are smaller and the shelves are more stocked. 

sitting having my usual Monday evening pint, but at home not in the local. Awaiting BoJo's daily spoutings and planning a hot wheels based maths & physics lesson for the kids tommorow!

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

28 minutes ago, Lann said:

That was the UK’s stance a couple of weeks ago. Now they’re thinking the complete opposite. 

I don’t think this partial lockdown is going to get anywhere. Either needs to be a total lockdown like China to stop all spread or just let it spread and live with the consequences. 

• Like 1

Just saw in the news tonight that it was also the strategy in the Netherlands. 

Here, the lockdown is becoming more strict. You're gonna get a big fat fine if you're caught outside for no good reason. Unfortunately it's often the only way to make people behave. 

Locally, we just had our first 2 deaths in my city. 2 guys 69 & 89 years old. 

The lockdown in France should last until late april/early may (6 weeks). Starting week 2 tomorrow. 

Since I work for the local government, I've been called in to help tomorrow at the local situation room. Will probably answer the phone or respond to email from scared citizens. 

• Sad 1

I’ve had the last three days off but that is because BeezWife and I had planned to have a mini vacation and go to Quebec City and see the Pearl Jam concert. First PJ cancelled their whole tour, later the US-Canada border was closed. Doubtful we would have gone anyway with the way things have gone last week. 

Massachusetts has asked all non-essential workers stay home or work from home. Apparently I am essential because I’m the baker at a large supermarket. Last weekend was very very busy, I was making as much bread as fast as I could. I’d come in the next morning and the shelves and baskets were cleaned out! Then we started running out of inventory and our suppliers were only sending certain things. By Thursday our supplies had come in and the buying panic was slowly subsiding. Now I’ve been home for 3 days so I’m not sure what to expect. Also it’s snowing right now.

BeezWife has closed her estate sale company until the work ban is lifted. This sucks. Let’s all be smart and compassionate as we all go through this thing.

• Like 4

and there we have it BoJo has spoken, essential shopping, one iece of excercise per day, medical reasons or essential work.

y state (Illinois) went on a stay at home order last Saturday. We had to close the flower shop since it's not an essential business. I still am working though, not so much my facility but my company distributes a sh*t ton of household cleaners and disinfectants so it is considered essential. My particular facility is taking in an excess of escalators and elevators due to job sites all over the country being shut down and they need to be stored for a bit.

Today I had to hand out signed documents for each employee to keep in their car stating they work for an essential business and travel to and from work is considered essential.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I saw on the news where a company selling a specific valve for $11,000 that patients need so desperately, sued a company that was 3D printing it at the cost of $1 each.  I think it raised more questions than answers. What if this 3D company didn't build it up to spec & it fails causing loss of life who's to blame? Should the international body of Gov create a clause in patent laws in times of crisis, rendering any legal action from a patent holder null & void for the greater good? Should the free market apply to certain medical equipment, medicine etc. They built it for a damn 1. Bruh🙄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

and there we have it BoJo has spoken, essential shopping, one iece of excercise per day, medical reasons or essential work.

It's yet more wishy washy unclear bollocks, all businesses will be shut (except a list of stuff that isn't) and you shouldn't go to work unless you can't work from home. 

They haven't got a f*cking clue what they are trying to achieve here. 

I'm going to the farm in a bit, it's non essential but I can't finish stripping a car that's a couple of miles away without leaving the house. I'm good, but even I'm not that good.

4 hours ago, Lann said:

This is pre-corona and I think this deeply rooted mindset might slow things down here. 

slHJy7j.jpg

With being involved in rallying I know quite a lot of Scandiwegians and they are all without doubt really, really friendly. But at the same time some of the most stand offish weird people you will ever meet.

Except the Finns, they are all of the above but as far as I can tell are all borderline alcoholics. 

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, doubleg213 said:

It's yet more wishy washy unclear bollocks, all businesses will be shut (except a list of stuff that isn't) and you shouldn't go to work unless you can't work from home. 

They haven't got a f*cking clue what they are trying to achieve here. 

I'm going to the farm in a bit, it's non essential but I can't finish stripping a car that's a couple of miles away without leaving the house. I'm good, but even I'm not that good.

With being involved in rallying I know quite a lot of Scandiwegians and they are all without doubt really, really friendly. But at the same time some of the most stand offish weird people you will every meet.

Except the Finns, they are all of the above but as far as I can tell are all borderline alcoholics. 

Exactly, still so much grey area. 

I had a barney with my boss this morning as he wants me to go paint someone's ceiling tommorow, that ain't essential work.