RSC Open Wheel Series

Squirrel

Think you all knew this was coming.

Right now this isn’t any more than a post to gauge what interest there is in a new racing series especially now it’s easier to arrange multi crew events.

It’s very likely that the creator will get an update in the coming months in order for us to create our own tracks. I have seen a lot of potential new props which may be added to the creator.

Although I don’t think I will be able to commit to hosting a championship I can definitely help set one up.

From what we know so far, races are likely to be locked to 16 players. This will probably mean a championship split over multiple time zones to cover the amount of potential interest. 16 drivers should also mean less on track chaos too.

I’m hoping we can convert many of our existing Supercup tracks for use with the open wheelers although we may want more street style circuits added as well so it’s not a full stunt track based series. 

What I want to know is what you guys want from a series. Do we want endurance style racing like the Supercup. Do we want a series of sprint races. Do we want a full recreation of the current F1 calendar or even a retro series based on older F1 tracks more suited to the current spec of cars we have. 

We have a lot of talented creators who I know would love to build something for a series and even though I may not be able to compete myself I’m quite happy to build tracks for a series. 

When to host the event we can work out closer to the time but now is a good time to get some discussion going.

• Like 6

Great initiative. I would like to join in on the racing and would not mind (if we get these in the creator) some real street tracks as opposed to stuntprops only. 

• Like 1

Already had plans for something like this.👍

However my thinking would be set it up the way I wanted and let people come along if they like the set up, if not tough luck. I find getting too many opinions and trying to keep everyone happy can sometimes lead to the opposite happening.

Anyway having said that... on with the opinions.

I was thinking follow the F1 races loosely, one race very other week though. Racers sign up for a team and we run a team Championship, individual results will be kept but in second place to the team championship.

Like SuperCup we would race for about 20-25 mins after a qualifying session. 

It would be frustrating if races are locked to 16 players, but there are some pros. We could more easily set teams up based on ability rather than the best racers jumping in the same team. We could also look at maybe Euro and American versions running at the same time.

Going in for another angle it would be great if every team/livery was represented (I’m sure @SkyeDave would love that too). We could break down into teams that involve every livery and run a league or knock out system with each teams of 4 racing each other once a week or so, simultaneously but in different lobbies (if that makes sense).

• Like 3

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Already had plans for something like this.👍

However my thinking would be set it up the way I wanted and let people come along if they like the set up, if not tough luck. I find getting too many opinions and trying to keep everyone happy can sometimes lead to the opposite happening.

Anyway having said that... on with the opinions.

I was thinking follow the F1 races loosely, one race very other week though. Racers sign up for a team and we run a team Championship, individual results will be kept but in second place to the team championship.

Like SuperCup we would race for about 20-25 mins after a qualifying session. 

It would be frustrating if races are locked to 16 players, but there are some pros. We could more easily set teams up based on ability rather than the best racers jumping in the same team. We could also look at maybe Euro and American versions running at the same time.

Going in for another angle it would be great if every team/livery was represented (I’m sure @SkyeDave would love that too). We could break down into teams that involve every livery and run a league or knock out system with each teams of 4 racing each other once a week or so, simultaneously but in different lobbies (if that makes sense).

How many liveries are there? 

If there’s a huge amount of interest in a certain timezone then you could easy run a couple of leagues simultaneously with drivers of similar skill racing together. The limit of 16 may make that a necessity. 

A lot of the details will have to be based on the amount of interest. 

7 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

How many liveries are there? 

If there’s a huge amount of interest in a certain timezone then you could easy run a couple of leagues simultaneously with drivers of similar skill racing together. The limit of 16 may make that a necessity. 

A lot of the details will have to be based on the amount of interest. 

I think there are 10 liveries to pick from...  Quite enticing.

I am happy to agree with whatever rules, regs, and format is sorted, so long as I get to have the lager livery

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

For street circuits and keeping with the F1 calendar I believe we have Monaco, Singapore, Baku, Vietnam and Melbourne which use actual city streets.

Out of those tracks we currently only have Singapore that uses actual GTA roads although it could probably do with a big clean up. I do like my Monaco circuit but would be better if there was a version that actually used city streets even if it means the layout has to be compromised a lot. 

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

For street circuits and keeping with the F1 calendar I believe we have Monaco, Singapore, Baku, Vietnam and Melbourne which use actual city streets.

Out of those tracks we currently only have Singapore that uses actual GTA roads although it could probably do with a big clean up. I do like my Monaco circuit but would be better if there was a version that actually used city streets even if it means the layout has to be compromised a lot. 

Funny you should say that...

It’s not appealing to all and has a few really tight sections.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/QRiTlyOCK0i6Kqqrlm8sqQ

Who doesn’t love a bit of self promotion 😉

• Like 1

Funny you should say that...

It’s not appealing to all and has a few really tight sections.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/QRiTlyOCK0i6Kqqrlm8sqQ

Who doesn’t love a bit of self promotion 😉

With the high downforce of the vehicles tight and twisty sections will appeal to more drivers. A pure stunt track series at constant full speed will get dull quickly. 

Longer races will also bring pit stops into play. Cars which actually lose downforce when they lose wings is a fantastic feature and makes clean racing all the more important. 

Simple things for simple minds...

Pretty much although I've recently become more cultured, but there is no red wine livery

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

35 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

With the high downforce of the vehicles tight and twisty sections will appeal to more drivers. A pure stunt track series at constant full speed will get dull quickly. 

Longer races will also bring pit stops into play. Cars which actually lose downforce when they lose wings is a fantastic feature and makes clean racing all the more important. 

When they lose body parts they are really tricky to drive, respawning doesn’t bring them back you have to pit.

• Like 1

We had a good run out in these last night, some pros and cons...

The racing suffered a little due to us having to use R* Created tracks that we were not all familiar with.

A few questions were raised like the pros and cons of tyre choice.

The biggest question is when will R* let us use our own tacks though, and what limitations will be in place when they do.