Ghost Recon Breakpoint

ErnYoung

In Ghost Recon Breakpoint you play as a seasoned special forces soldier that survives a surprise attack by advanced weapondry that neutralizes most of his squad during a mission investigating an isolated island that is home to an ultra state of the art company and its created utopian society. He finds himself unable to leave and is forced to work with organized factions resisting the companies newly found direction to unravel the mysteries of how and why this perfect island had become a police state and assists them in surviving an returning freedom.

The game has three main modes, story, raid, and pvp. All three tie in together to allow a destiny-like approach to gear improvements through looting and rewards.

In story mode, you set out on missions, investigations, or weapon, accessory, and stash collection. Play can be changed from normal mode where waypoints are provided for missions or a discovery like mode where you have to investigate each clue to learn where each mission takes place. I prefer the discovery mode for the challenge but gear hunters may want to skip this part as it takes a lot more time to complete a mission or find loot. You are equipped with a recon drone from the start but need to build up skill points to get upgrades like night vision and other buffs. Working with other players is possible but I have not personally done that yet.

Raid mode requires a few players above a set rank join together to take down a powerful NPC boss. Coordination between players seems to be crucial and the rewards for completing a raid are supposedly pretty good even though I have not accomplished that yet.

PVP pits you and three other online players against a team of four other player in a best of three event. Events include sabatoge/defend as well as elimination. The PVP is pretty good.

I have been playing the story mode of this game for about two months now and am really enjoying it. I have only attempted one raid and done a couple rounds of PVP but liked them both very much. If you like shooters that require strategy and tactics as well as a bit of puzzle solving, I think you may enjoy this as well.

Anyway if anyone here has this game and wants to try so co-op play, let me know.

Take care and stay safe,

Ernie

• Like 1

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII