Playstation Official Back Button attachment

I have to say, there are cheaper & better alternatives that gives you up to 4 buttons, & the flexibility of button placement. Maybe a little bit of technical skills needed, to install some, but there is always a youtube video from a user or the manufacturer.

Edited by Smurf

3 hours ago, zztop911 said:

$29 US at Best Buy available Feb 4th

Might get one to play with.

@zztop911 check this one out if you have the 2nd generation DS4 controller.

Edited by Smurf

4 hours ago, Con said:

@Smurf whats the big deal with this thing? Like what makes it worth getting? I know what it does but how can i use it to improve my GTA gaming?

@Con Before going into all of that, the PS4 provides button reassignment you can find it under Settings> Accessibility> Button Assignments. There you can remap all your stock DS4 controller buttons, & experiment with the game of your choice, just note it most likely Bell affect your menu buttons as well.

In the case of GTA I would see where one would change the sprint button, while ADSing (aiming down sight) to move around faster, & a reload button so that you don't take your thumb off the right analog stick, or assign a button for sticky bomb while adsing so you dont take your left thumb off the analog stick.

There are some with a rapid fire feature where it helps with your gun recoiling in games, so you will stay on target as long as you're initially aim is good. One button press or holding the button will seem as multiple button presses every few milliseconds in a continuum.

It's useful in a car game to look directly left, right, using as a hand brakes around corners & clutching. 

I'm sure there are other applications in interactive, Inventory and menu options in various genres that players will find useful in those cases as they play.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

@Con Before going into all of that, the PS4 provides button reassignment you can find it under Settings> Accessibility> Button Assignments. There you can remap all your stock DS4 controller buttons, & experiment with the game of your choice, just note it most likely Bell affect your menu buttons as well.

In the case of GTA I would see where one would change the sprint button, while ADSing (aiming down sight) to move around faster, & a reload button so that you don't take your thumb off the right analog stick, or assign a button for sticky bomb while adsing so you dont take your left thumb off the analog stick.

There are some with a rapid fire feature where it helps with your gun recoiling in games, so you will stay on target as long as you're initially aim is good. One button press or holding the button will seem as multiple button presses every few milliseconds in a continuum.

It's useful in a car game to look directly left, right, using as a hand brakes around corners & clutching. 

I'm sure there are other applications in interactive, Inventory and menu options in various genres that players will find useful in those cases as they play.

Button re-assignment made me a much better sniper.  By witching Triangle and Up on the D-Pad I can zoom easily while still strafing back and forth.  Makes a huge difference in sniper battles.

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497