Football Manager 2020 - Lime Green to Legend

LimeGreenLegend

26 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@CatManDoza that's awesome!  If you start a save I'd love to follow your career 🙂 

Should be on the pc 2moro so I'll try and sort it out

• Thanks 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I've completed the first season properly now, and the promotion dream is over.

MBXm4x4.jpg

I'm annoyed that I lost the semi on away goals, when you can see that the match was played in a neutral ground, at least give me extra time and penalties!  We didn't even win the third place playoff, which would've been good enough for promotion.

Here's the Mitra Kukar team of the season.

ngbJxak.jpg

Our top scorer, Fauzi, is leaving before the start of the new season, which I couldn't stop, so I'll need to bring in a new striker.  To end on a positive note, we broke a load of team records this season.

HZAYyTI.jpg

The1LG9.jpg

V18UUAn.jpg

XYfytRQ.jpg

iKQkgbn.jpg

I have about 5 months worth of off season to sim through before the 2020 season starts, so plenty of time to strengthen the squad for a successful promotion run.

2 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

knocked out of promotion on away goals?? thats harsh as f*ck!!!

Yup.  I swore at my laptop quite a bit after seeing that. 

Started a save with Dover in the national league on FM2016, zero money, zero wage budget, tiny squad. But a solid start to the season.

5th place after 10 games 4 oints of top spot, board want a top half finish,

haomMNq.jpghaomMNq.jpg

Good run of form, just 2 ridiculous games against kidderminster and Braintree

7sUtURP.jpg

from 2-0 up to losing 3-2 with the last kick of the game

PUChXuf.jpg

and a crazy game against a lower half team I reallly should of run, 3 goals in the 45th minute didnt help

ZxozLqJ.jpg

• Like 1

nearly time for the christmas update, and a cheeky little FA cup 3rd round tie at home to Burnley

• Like 1

never got round to an xmas update,  lost to championship Burnley in the FA Cup 3rd round, but bought in some much needed funds.

Finished second in the league with a massive 101 goals only a few points behind cheltenham, the bad thing about the play offs is I'm playing a team I've already lost to 3 times this season!!!!

Edit: Oh, and I've lost my best centre back for the 3 play off games due to reaching 15 yellow cards

cQxOOxp.jpg

ZxBTrqE.jpg

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

completley forgot an update to this, won in the play off final to get up to League 2. zero money and zero wage budget hasn;t helped but with a 18 year old Greek wonderkid and some more astute loan from parent clubs, I have left DOver 10th in the league.

But then the green green grass of Swindon town came calling. 24th in league 1, 7 points from safety. lets do this!!

• Like 1

Well, massive pisser.

I took over at Swindon Town, bottom of league one with 5 points. won 6 and drew 1 of my first 7 games. up to 18thish in the league. loaded up this morning. Can't Load game!!!

absolute zero motivation to start again now!!!

• 2 weeks later...

so then @LimeGreenLegend how goes your save?

after the corrupted save game, I ventured back into it and found a save a week before I took the Swindon job, did it again, took over at Swindon again. bottom of the league with 5 points when I took over. end of the season, up to 12th with in 8 points of the play offs and a JPT win in there to boot. Pretty successful season if you ask me. Currently unbeaten in the league after 4 games in the next season, although I had to sell my best player to finance a squad rebuild!!! I'm just very thankful for Jake Sinclair on the right wing as an inside forward with 25 goals last year and alread 9 in 5 this season!!!!!

So a little update, been playing hard the last week.

So I took over Swindon again, bottom of the league with 4 points, finished the season 12th with 64 points and a JPT win.

Got some great free transfers and loans in the summer and won the league at a canter the following season. With a loanee from chelsea averaging 8.20 over the whole season! and 4 players scoring over 20 goals. Got offered 4 jobs during the season and turned them all down as I feel I could be at Swindon a long time.

Currently in close season before the championship season and awaiting the great day the is July 1st when clubs release their players!