NBA 2019/2020 & 2020/2021 Season

zmurko

He is back :D 

I followed a bit during the summer. Lots of transfers. KD and Irving at Brooklyn, Anthony Davis at the Lakers, Kemba Walker at Celtics, Westbrook to Houston, Kawhi at Clippers... 

Lots of cool duos to follow. Davis/Lebron, Westbrook/Harden, Walker/Tatum, Durant/Irving, Doncic/Porzingis, Kawhi/Paul George.

Curious to see what all the fuss is about with that Zion Williamson guy and if it's justified.

I'll follow closely the frenchies, particularly Rudy Gobert and my bestie Evan Fournier with the Magic since he comes from my hometown ?

What's sure, is that the Raptors won't be champions again. 

I wish I could attend the game in Paris between Milwaukee and Charlotte but tickets sold in a few minutes on tuesday. I'll try my luck tomorrow since there is another shot at it but the tickets are so expensive !!! 200€ is my limit if I manage to grab some by miracle. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very excited! This summer was crazy. There's so many really good teams now, especially in the west.

I'm of course backing the Mavs who're off to the best start in years. No doubt it will result in a play-off spot. The bench is looking solid with the addition of Curry, Boban! .  Luka playing like the all-star he's going to be this year, and KP slowly getting back into it after almost 2 years out. Those two haven't quite found each other yet but it's just a matter of time. Gonna be the best duo in the NBA for many years.

This year they aren't quite ready yet, though. I predict the conference finals being the Bucks vs 76'ers and Clippers vs Lakers. Both could very well go 7 games, and I think the Bucks and Clippers will make it to the finals. Giannis, now with 3-pointers, is looking scary. How are you supposed to defend him if you can't even back off him just a bit? The rest of the squad is solid with lots of shooters. But the Clippers squad is something else, and they'll have their hands on the trophy in June with Kawhi as finals MVP for the second year straight. 

• Like 2

I am hoping for Lakers-Sixers final!

I love Kawhi but the sitting out one or two games a week makes me want to root against him.  I hate load management.  Michael Jordan played 80 or more games 11 times and all 82 games 8 times including his final season when he was 39 years old.

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

60 points for Lillard tonight ! 

Triple double for Luka ! 

Can't believe the Lakers are the best team of the league right now. And Golden States almost the worst.

Amazing how it changes from one season to the next one !

Edited by Fido_le_muet

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah! Still in disbelief.

I've been watching Luka for the last 4 years and he keeps on getting better and better and impressing us with new stuff year after year. I thought he was amazing 3 years ago, but each season he just jumps a level or two. It's really exciting to see what he'll come up with next. 60/20/15 in 20mins perhaps? I wouldn't even be surprised to wake up and see a statline like that.

He's really spoiled us rotten, 20/8/6 is a "bad" game for him now!!?.

AND HE'S ONLY 20!!! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Player of the Month in November and Luka just continues. I know it's still early but he could very well end up as MVP. He's up there with the best of them, Mavs are winning and the (almost) most important thing; he's the one with the narrative this season.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

test

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, understandable. It's been an interesting season so far though.

Might resume during summer, perhaps directly into playoffs (personal speculation).

Several other leagues and competitions cancelled/suspended as well. FIS World cup, Ski jumping WC, ATP/WTA Indian Wells, probaly Miami open too, ....

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a playoff it has been so far. Nuggets with two historical comebacks but surely that must've taken its toll, too much to challenge the Lakers. In the east, the Heat has been so fun to watch. Just a bunch of cool players fighting for every possession. Really hope they go all the win.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:00 AM, zmurko said:

43/17/13 with the buzzer beater step back 3 in overtime. The kid is special!

I haven't been this hyped after a basketball game in a while, perhaps since the Euro 2017 finals. Love it!

Dude's gonna run the league for years. What a season he's had! But at this point it's another kid that's running away with sportsman of the year in Slovenia, isn't it? I mean 43/17/13 with the buzzer beater step back 3 in overtime against Kawhi and the Clippers is goddamn impressive but winning the tour in your debut is just plain ridiculous. Add Roglič almost grabbing the tour himself and Dragić balling out for the Heat, it's been a pretty good year for you guys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Dude's gonna run the league for years. What a season he's had! But at this point it's another kid that's running away with sportsman of the year in Slovenia, isn't it? I mean 43/17/13 with the buzzer beater step back 3 in overtime against Kawhi and the Clippers is goddamn impressive but winning the tour in your debut is just plain ridiculous. Add Roglič almost grabbing the tour himself and Dragić balling out for the Heat, it's been a pretty good year for you guys.

We can't complain, that's for sure! 😁

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Playoffs are back (aka the real NBA season)!

It's been a bit weird and unusual season, shortened and packed during a still going COVID pandemic, but best 16 teams are going to fight for the title again.

It's pretty wide open in the west, where just about any team can end up in the finals if you ask me.

East is a bit more top heavy, but should still offer some great matchups, already shown last night between 3rd and 6th seed.

I'll be rooting for Dallas & Miami (for obvious reasons).

1st game was already a fun one, really hoping for a different result than last years 1st round and Luka shutting down that loaded team full of whiners. Feel bad for Kawhi, who has to play there. If Dallas wins, I'm sure he'll sign for a decent team in the summer and leave that franchise.

Anyone else following this years playoffs?

• Like 1

Saw the two early games. Had a hard time picking sides as I really like that Heat team but also want to see Giannis and the Bucks prove that they can compete this year. Going by last night it won't happen, and whoever makes it through will just be canon fodder for the Nets, unfortunately. 

Clippers tanking to meet Mavs and then lose instantly lose homecourt is hilarious. Like last year they act like they're the defending champs or something. Such an unsympathetic bunch, including Kawhi. Mavs in 4!

Gonna be some good series. The talent is pretty well spread out. And then there's the Nets. If they can stay healthy, I can't even see anyone taking them to 7.

• Like 1

First games are all done and it looks like only 7th and 8th seed in the east are going to struggle, though credit to Washington for somehow keeping up with a loaded Philly team. Even Memphis, who looked like the weakest team in the west managed a good win last night against top seeded Utah team, which was missing Mitchell to be fair.

I've finally been able to see this seasons Phoenix team and I found out why they were the 2nd seed in the west. Well coached (Monty Williams) and well led (Chris Paul) team with an amazing scorer (Booker). I was quite impressed with their team effort and even when Paul could barely control the basketball or shoot after the shoulder injury (almost looked like me playing 😂) , he still did enough damage to lead them to a great win. sh*tty performance from the Lakers, especially Davis, but some of it was definitely because of Phoenix's defensive effort. It's going to be tough for the Lakers if they don't quickly get into better shape.

Edited by zmurko

Rooting for a Sixers-Lakers final.  But just want to see good games.  Only teams I am rooting against are Nets and Clippers.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497