Funky Fridays (RDO Edition)

Lann

rdr2-artwork-020-john-marston1.thumb.png

Time of Event in UTC: 9pm (9pm GMT)

Event Host: Banketelli

Special Rules for Event: Have fun!

Description of Event: Will vary from (every other) week to (every other) week. It can be free roaming; helping each other make long distance deliveries, going on the hunt for hidden treasures, locking up everyone and their mum, being dicks to randoms, DEATH TRAIN, or try some of R* playlists. Both the showdowns and race PLs are a lot better now. Quite a few great modes have been added.

Funky Fridays (RDO Edition) Edited by Lann
  • Like 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• Skorpion

• Banketelli

• Sinister

Woot! Will be on a flight back home at th time but good to see something in the calendar for RDO!

Edited by AlCohonez
  • Like 1

Let's do this!

I think Ultra and I have level 4 or maybe level 5 Legendary Bounty to do.

I'll try to get on and get a full 100 sale ready.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Let's do this!

I think Ultra and I have level 4 or maybe level 5 Legendary Bounty to do.

I'll try to get on and get a full 100 sale ready.

Sounds good. I've a sale ready.

Haven't done the new legendary bounty so should be fun!

2 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Sounds good. I've a sale ready.

Haven't done the new legendary bounty so should be fun!

It's pretty easy so far, but there are things that need to be done to make it easy................if you want to capture them alive. Biggest thing is to kill the horse to prevent the bounty from escaping..........in 3 of the four locations.

Level 5 should be interesting.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

With people coming and going throughout, it's been 10 hours since this started and the action has finally come to an end. What an awesome time!

Sure there was some glitchy stuff, some lag, and some connection issues (signatures of a R* game), but this was a lot of fun.

Thanks for setting this up @Banketelli, I look forward to joining again next fortnight.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Skorpion said:

With people coming and going throughout, it's been 10 hours since this started and the action has finally come to an end. What an awesome time!

Sure there was some glitchy stuff, some lag, and some connection issues (signatures of a R* game), but this was a lot of fun.

Thanks for setting this up @Banketelli, I look forward to joining again next fortnight.

More members need to come out and have fun!

• Like 3

Because Fat Buds Matter!

24 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Too many believe that a playlist is the only way to have fun. 

Had no clue when I joined you all last night that it was technically this event. I was up until 2AM. Good stuff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zztop911 said:

I’d join even being a big noob to the game but unfortunately Fridays and Saturdays are long workdays for me. 

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone for joining. It was a blast! 

People who are on the fence or downrigth negative about the game should definitely give it a(nother) shot. So much new content and playing with crew mates gives it a whole new dimesion. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Banketelli said:

People who are on the fence or downrigth negative about the game should definitely give it a(nother) shot. So much new content and playing with crew mates gives it a whole new dimesion. 

Definitely. I spent 9 months pissing all over it. After the update I can't turn it off, lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

I’d join even being a big noob to the game but unfortunately Fridays and Saturdays are long workdays for me. 

Then check to see who's on line late afternoon and early evening. Several of us play together pretty often and you're welcome to join, as is every crew member.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I would normally join if I wasn't just a bit more into a few other games right now. I''m still excited about legendary bounties, certain free roam events and bunch of other stuff from the update, but it's just not quite as exciting to me as, say, Destiny 2 is right now with it's latest update.

Very little to do with there being no playlists. I've always imagined RDO would be better in free roam.

[However, playlists would become quite handy for when you hit at least 14-16 participants for example. And by playlists I don't mean just some deathmatches one after another either, although that's what R* seem to be wanting to throw at us all the time when we talk about PvP modes. A bit more imagination from their side would be great, instead of just translating PvP(Player-versus-Player) into PkP(Player-killing-Player).]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be ready for this coming Friday with a full product and maybe a 5 star legendary bounty ready.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

6 hours ago, Skorpion said:

Joining again. Was awesome fun last fortnight.

We could have used you last night!!! LOL!

We came out of a long sale with only 4 others in the lobby.  We spawned into a lobby with a VERY experienced sniper and a few friends at our delivery spot.

I'm sure he wasn't free-aiming, but using Paint it Black with the Rollingblock. Still a deadly combo, but far less actual SKILL involved.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

16 hours ago, zztop911 said:

I'll be ready for this coming Friday with a full product and maybe a 5 star legendary bounty ready.

I'll try to have both ready. Have been pretty busy today and have a very busy day tomorrow. Will do my best to have at least one, hopefully both, ready.'

15 hours ago, zztop911 said:

We could have used you last night!!! LOL!

We came out of a long sale with only 4 others in the lobby.  We spawned into a lobby with a VERY experienced sniper and a few friends at our delivery spot.

I'm sure he wasn't free-aiming, but using Paint it Black with the Rollingblock. Still a deadly combo, but far less actual SKILL involved.

I wish I could have joined. I enjoy the free-roam PvP in RDR much more than I ever have in GTA. Obviously things like Paint It Black make things a little imbalanced, but I'd of enjoyed the chance to test my skills against his assists. Not claiming to be anything special, but assists are nothing special either.

I had a lot of fun with you all again this weekend.

I wasn't able to get my legendary bounty to 5 star or fill my goods but will make sure they're both ready for the next run.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some PvP between just us? I'm not really familiar with the game modes in RDO, so I'm not really sure what we could do. @Smurf done something a few days ago for the daily challenges that had posse members fighting each other which was like a 5 minute deathmatch, other than that I can only think that we designate an area and have an un-scored battle in free roam (free-for-all or posse vs posse).

I know there are free-roam events, but I've only tried a few and the PvP types that I've tried I'm undecided on but am open to trying with just crew for a different perspective. 

One idea I've got is to have us divide up into two posse's, one runs a sale and the other tries to steal it. To be fair though I think the team stealing the good should drop them near the finish and announce their claim, so that the team making the sale can still complete the sale for the reward (the materials earned from stealing aren't worth the money the seller would lose). Though it could also be run with a sale of a small amount of goods, so the stealing team could complete their delivery with the seller not losing anything significant. Just an idea that I've not thought through too much, but I think it could be fun.

Let me know what you all think and if you have any ideas. I definitely enjoy the coop, but I'd like to do something in RDO that has us compete against each other as well if others are interested.

Edited by Skorpion

I destroyed the worn out conductive silicone in my controller so my triggers & bumper buttons are not working. The replacement won't be here until December according to the tracking. I remapped a couple but still need one to feed the horse. ?

Edited by Smurf

On 10/20/2019 at 10:17 AM, Skorpion said:

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some PvP between just us?

There are in-posse fights and you can also do some other challenges that are versus other posses, like protect the leader and such (not sure how these work exactly but I know it exists). So in theory we could do some pvp between two crew posses but it would be potentially also open to other posses to compete. If we go to the opposite part of the map than the one we have spawned in we should be left alone most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't able to fill my goods due to spawning issues while hunting, and since I spent my limited time trying to hunt I didn't make any progress on the legendary bounty.

I'll be on time for start, but I have my daughter home this weekend so will likely have to step away for a few minutes during the event.

I'll still be able to hear everyone, but besides saying hi and anything important, I'll mostly be muted.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Skorpion said:

I wasn't able to fill my goods due to spawning issues while hunting, and since I spent my limited time trying to hunt I didn't make any progress on the legendary bounty.

I'll be on time for start, but I have my daughter home this weekend so will likely have to step away for a few minutes during the event.

I'll still be able to hear everyone, but besides saying hi and anything important, I'll mostly be muted.

Work around on camp spawn: Just start a low level bounty. You can use it to hunt with more prolific animals and you can call out camp if it doesn't spawn on it's own. Just don't go close to the bounty and you'll have 30 min of hunting. Start the bounty near other players for a better chance of solo lobby.

I've got full product ready for sale for this event and 5 star legendary bounty.

Because Fat Buds Matter!