Train to Busan [RSC Film Club 10]

LimeGreenLegend

37 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

That’s a shame, the first one was so good. Seen a lot of reviews saying the same thing. 

The best way I can put it is this...Raiders of the Lost Ark....why did I love it so much? It seemed so plausible, yes even with the Ark melting faces! But Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls didn't show us things that seemed plausible, like the Tarzan moment (not so much the vine work but the monkeys that knew to only attack the bad humans)...NOT saying that is what the zombies do in Peninsula, because that is not what I'm getting at and more that Train To Busan Part 1 seemed so real and Part 2 was like a mash up of other properties and story moments we have seen done better.

The villains in The Last of Us 2 are more fleshed out than those in Peninsula. I know it seems like I may be overreacting to some failed high expectation but honestly, I didn't expect anything and 20 mins into the film I was excited about the new characters mission and what appeared to be a combination of two genres and it really had me hooked and i was saying, "Oh this is going to be magic with these juxtapositions. This is going to be, Train to Busan 2 : Parasite",...but nope....it turns into:

Train to Busan 2 : Mad Max and the Furious Z. 

Had they changed the look of the zombies and removed the Train to Busan in the name and just called it Peninsula, people would not be afraid to say it is extra mediocre. Without spoiling too much...there is one scene where a character gets trapped in a car as we see a horde coming...the zombies arrive and it was implied that thousands or at minimum, hundreds of them are coming. But then we get an above the car shot and there are only like 15 zombies and the camera is trying to make it seem like there are more of them...I asked the screen, what is this director doing? He couldnt hire just 20 more extras to run up to the car from all sides and really sell the illusion or forget the illusion, how about giving us a solid basic and simple practical effect that would have sh*t on all that other awful CGI zombie moments.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Thanks for your reviews guys. I'm gonna stick to the first one and pretend the sequel doesn't exist so I don't watch it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Thanks for your reviews guys. I'm gonna stick to the first one and pretend the sequel doesn't exist so I don't watch it. 

I hate defecating on it because I know how bad we anticipated the sequel. I just watched the trailer that I refused to see as not to spoil anything 3-4 months ago, so I watched this last night with not a single image in my head and boy, that trailer would have served as a warning...the film looks like sh*t in some places. The filmmakers did not bring their "A" game to the sequel. The trailer says..."A Train to Busan Presents", dafuq does that even mean? That's like saying, "Friday the 13th Presents: Jaws the Revenge"...like stop grabbing my cash like that!!! If a movie named Peninsula released that trailer, 100% I would not have been excited about that film. I really have to type up a review but The Hurricane and Bateman are first. lol. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

Really sucks to see you put that out there. Sequels almost always have a way of letting us down. I won't even bother trying to watch it, such a shame.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Really sucks to see you put that out there. Sequels almost always have a way of letting us down. I won't even bother trying to watch it, such a shame.

Hey you guys shouldn’t avoid it just because of my opinion. But if the trailer didn’t get you excited...there is a reason. I guess what I should say is...Do not pay to watch Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula. I want to review this so bad but my laptop broke and I’m supposed to go look at some today. Hopefully I will find a good one. 

• Like 1