hunting wagon?

piotras

Hi,

I've seen some vids recently that argued that given how flimsy and slow the hunting wagon is (and how easy it is to resupply with your horse only) that it might not necessarily be a must-by for everyone.

I'm still a bit of grind away before buying one, but but I kinda see his point judging by the vids only and through my own experience - I ten to hunt pretty much all the time when travelling and bring in two large carcasses with a use of a lasso each time I visit camp, seems to be more than enough.

Anyone here unlocked it already? I'd appreciate people's views on it. 

Edited by AlCohonez

It's a good purchase.

An example:  Rope and kill sheep at Emerald ranch.  Put the 3 stars in the wagon. You can then send the wagon away and call for your horse. Put any remaining 3 star on your horse, skin all the rest, leaving one more to drag back.

When you get back to camp, donate your stuff on the horse, send the horse away  and call for your wagon(be on a road when you call), take it to camp and donate the cargo.

Now think how quickly you can fill things up when you have 3 or 4 wagons in your posse.

• Like 3

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

24 minutes ago, AlCohonez said:

Cool! On a different note - if you send your horse away with carcasses, will it come back with them?

Yup!

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, AlCohonez said:

Cool! On a different note - if you send your horse away with carcasses, will it come back with them?

You can even send it away with a 3star carcass and fast travel to camp. Call for the horse and it will return with the 3star still on it.

I like the wagon. Yes I typically just use the horse, but I typically place my camp in little creek or out side the cougar spawn in New Austin, so I'm typically going back to it before I have 5 carcasses. What I find the wagon to be really useful for is over stock. After your materials are full and you can hunt slower for only 3* animals and stock 5 up. I tend to place wagon next to camp and hunt on foot and just carry it back. once I need material fill and repeat.