Wreckfest: your review

Pb76

I’m in two minds about buying it and would like to read some reviews from some respected, knowledgeable, mature gamers.

Is it anything more than just something to play for a quick laugh? 

Is there any possibility of organised crew tournaments/events?

what does the deluxe version offer over the regular version?

post your review here, help out my dithering.

23 minutes ago, Pb76 said:

I’m in two minds about buying it and would like to read some reviews from some respected, knowledgeable, mature gamers.

Is it anything more than just something to play for a quick laugh? 

Is there any possibility of organised crew tournaments/events?

what does the deluxe version offer over the regular version?

post your review here, help out my dithering.

As of right now, without a way to play organized with crew, not worth it IMO. (short review, but I feel its that simple)

• Thanks 1

If you want it for playing with crew/friends and do not care about career modes in racing games. Don’t waste your money. Wait for them to (hopefully) implement those features. Right now any online play is region locked. 

The game itself isn’t bad at all. I enjoyed the few races so far but being against AI any real demo stuff is pretty much non existent. 

Deluxe version gets you the cars to be released later for free. I think that is it. 

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

If you want it for playing with crew/friends and do not care about career modes in racing games. Don’t waste your money. Wait for them to (hopefully) implement those features. Right now any online play is region locked. 

I'll most likely wait until this comes about, unless my boy gets it before.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I’m fairly biased when I come to this game. I’ve been playing it a lot over the last year or so and spent the last hour seeing how the console version matches up with the PC version and so far I’m very impressed with what they’ve done. 

The game is running smoother although it’s still got some lengthy loading times. The new tracks and cars are fantastic. 

The game feels the same to drive, the physics are definitely among some of the best I’ve raced with. 

I’m yet to go online but I only raced online a couple of times when on PC so all the fun I’ve had with the game so far has been in the single player mode.

There is a fairly long career mode to complete so there is plenty to do offline but the real longevity of the game will come from online multiplayer with friends.

It is possible to race with friends but right now it’s in shared lobbies with randoms. Hopefully this will change in the near future. 

The standard version is reasonably cheap for a game of this quality. You could pay a little extra for the Deluxe version like I have done but that extra is only for the upcoming DLC. You can always get a season pass to cover that if you wished. 

If you only want to race with friends then it isn’t ready for that yet but it’s a damn fun game. 

• Thanks 1

I played quite a bit of online earlier and it was a lot of fun.  Because you're supposed to smash into people there isn't any frustration about trying to race clean when no one else is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The single player mode is fun. The controls are a bit lazy compared to other racing games. Even more lethargic than GTA. 

And you'll need to get through some of the Career mode to unlock/buy cars. Otherwise, you only have the Rocket with no Mods. 

Dodgeservice.png

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

You can change the camera view. Press the touchpad or down on the d pad

I'll try that. I changed the field of view in settings. But it's not enough. 

Dodgeservice.png

Yeah, if you're used to high camera in GTA, it'll take a bit of getting used to in Wreckfest as the camera is similar to low in GTA. Thankfully I always use low.

Field of view in 3rd person will probably just move the car closer or further from you.

Edited by DavidCore89