Casey

What's your view??

zmurko

I believe today was the last really cold morning here (-5°C / 23°F), according to the forecast it's all uphill from now all the way to 22°C (72°F) next Friday during the day. So things will really explode around here, especially since everything is pretty much already ready to take off. ☺

And I've started tomatoe seeds indoor last night! 🤘 They should be ready to transplant outside in 6-8 weeks. So summer is basically just around the corner. 😁

Anyone else taking food security into their own hands around here, growing some or most of their vegetables/fruits?

We are considering getting chickens as well, but with the bird flu apparently already close to us (Hungary), there's a chance they might ban raising poultry outside soon. So that is postponed for now.

Few shots of mostly fruit trees around the property:

Apple

85zMCPq.jpg

Quince

7G9BNDC.jpg

Cherry

i7VZDNV.jpg

Plum

fY3oHQb.jpg

Really old pear tree:

0XKRW2u.jpg

Elderflower

g6Gm7JL.jpg

Black currant

JvWqQ25.jpg

HwjOCCB.jpg

eVKPW5f.jpg

VTSlINU.jpg

And I've started tomatoe seeds indoor last night! 🤘 They should be ready to transplant outside in 6-8 weeks. So summer is basically just around the corner. 😁

Anyone else taking food security into their own hands around here, growing some or most of their vegetables/fruits?

We are considering getting chickens as well, but with the bird flu apparently already close to us (Hungary), there's a chance they might ban raising poultry outside soon. So that is postponed for now.

Edited by zmurko