What's your view??

Casey

I believe today was the last really cold morning here (-5°C / 23°F), according to the forecast it's all uphill from now all the way to 22°C (72°F) next Friday during the day. So things will really explode around here, especially since everything is pretty much already ready to take off. ☺

And I've started tomatoe seeds indoor last night! 🤘 They should be ready to transplant outside in 6-8 weeks. So summer is basically just around the corner. 😁

Anyone else taking food security into their own hands around here, growing some or most of their vegetables/fruits?

We are considering getting chickens as well, but with the bird flu apparently already close to us (Hungary), there's a chance they might ban raising poultry outside soon. So that is postponed for now.

Few shots of mostly fruit trees around the property:

Apple

85zMCPq.jpg

Quince

7G9BNDC.jpg

Cherry

i7VZDNV.jpg

Plum

fY3oHQb.jpg

Really old pear tree:

0XKRW2u.jpg

Elderflower

g6Gm7JL.jpg

Black currant

JvWqQ25.jpg

HwjOCCB.jpg

eVKPW5f.jpg

VTSlINU.jpg

And I've started tomatoe seeds indoor last night! 🤘 They should be ready to transplant outside in 6-8 weeks. So summer is basically just around the corner. 😁

Anyone else taking food security into their own hands around here, growing some or most of their vegetables/fruits?

We are considering getting chickens as well, but with the bird flu apparently already close to us (Hungary), there's a chance they might ban raising poultry outside soon. So that is postponed for now.

Edited by zmurko

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well you defo win with your view, this is my view for most of the day! After a long week at work, I need to sit here and work and try and drum up more business!

dLpaeLf.jpg

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

On 4/2/2020 at 7:06 AM, zmurko said:

Locally zoning laws might prevent full on agriculture. Though the government mantra is 'plant what you grow eat what you grow.'😂 Ok!

All I got going now is some aloe vera. The sour sap tree passed on, the lime tree got fungus & was chopped down, the mango tree roots started cracking the concrete walls over the year so chop chop, worms are always chewing on the little orange tree & the birds kept eating the bell peppers.

On 11/16/2020 at 1:06 PM, Squirrel said:

Not quite what my view is but it’s definitely what my current smell is. 

This is a tyre yard burning about a mile from my work. It absolutely stinks. 

QVNIMTE4MDIzMjI0.jpg?width=640

That'll be burning for awhile, we had one catch fire a few years ago about 20 miles north of me, fire crews had the big fire out after a few days but baby sat it for a month or more cuz it smoldered and they couldn't get it to quit. It was a large fire though, smoke from it was seen in Chicago which is 100 miles away.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

4 hours ago, JustHatched said:

That'll be burning for awhile, we had one catch fire a few years ago about 20 miles north of me, fire crews had the big fire out after a few days but baby sat it for a month or more cuz it smoldered and they couldn't get it to quit. It was a large fire though, smoke from it was seen in Chicago which is 100 miles away.

A week later and it’s still going. Once tyres get going they don’t stop burning until the fuel is all spent. 

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/18889915.bradford-tyre-fire-timeline-major-events-updates/

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, BryannosaurusRex said:

I was working by the beach today so went for a stroll. 

there was one hardy soul out there surfing. 

EgksD6L.jpg
gcUe30o.jpg

MNPz0Zn.jpg

I would hit my vape pen and say...."I cant believe im here." Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

Oh I'd love a beach near by to walk the dog on. Only enjoy walking my dog where she can run about like a bell end and that involves a 15 min drive, but it's always worth it. 

But a beach to run on every morning would be fan bloody tastic. Although she'd need a bath every day

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Saturday morning walk through the park. 
image.thumb.jpeg.3b18b30ce5ea66872882699667b858a3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5cd91a3feb4c9c0555083a38e534d389.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a608c4a1d6ea809782dc2479a7ba5421.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d2dc371fb03784f8238674a29d469c24.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.68efdc049eb6a5d6cb707eee0bf644ff.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.396b0c979052e0aaf5b2aa852176ba4c.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.f68c662924d4e6b9b87dbe280a255171.jpeg
Edit: One more... the sun is coming out. 🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.c089ed92c9eb0cf97d5b218befbb79b5.jpeg

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...