Bitch Slap

djw180

Bitch Slap

This was the film I nominated for the film club's B-movie month. It wasn't the one selected but having found there was a free version available on a popular video sharing site I could not resist watching it. B-movies aren't my thing so I had no idea what this was going to be like when I picked it. I won't attempt a Lime-esque proper review, but I would say it's worth watching for free.

It's not that violent. There is almost no nudity in it. So don't watch it if that is what you want from this sort of film - reading some of the reviews on IMDB it seems many people did expect those things. It's about three sexy, violent women who are after some stash of loot buried out in the desert, and they don't mind who they have to sleep with, beat up or kill to find it. It's way over the top in places, obviously, it's meant to be. One scene in particular when for no reason, other than it's quite hot, one of them decides to pour water over her already revealing clothes and the other two join in. There's a twist in the end that I didn''t see coming  but maybe that was because the basic story isn't that in-depth so I just wasn't thinking about it too much. This is more a film to just watch then try to get too in-depth with.

For me a B-movie can't get more than a 3/5 otherwise it wouldn't be a B-movie. For the basic film itself I would have given it a 2, maybe 2.5 if I did half marks. But I will give it a 3/5 because of the opening credits. If you're into film you have to watch the credits even if you don't want to watch the film proper. The opening credits are to a back drop of some of the greatest movie bitch slaps, i.e. female characters hitting other characters. The closing credits are interesting as well. They are to clips of women dancing that they have posted online themselves (I hope, but faces are cropped out anyway).

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1