What Do You Want to See in the Big Summer Update?

Banketelli

Damn a lot of negativity about the update before it is even out, lol.  Though, I don't know if I blame the negativity with what has happened with online so far.

I am hopeful though.  I think I am interested in all 3.  I may go with butcher and collector first though.  The map is still so much unexplored and I think the collector role will help me explore, and I can kill animals while doing that for the butcher role.

Maybe this update will bring other surprises with it?

• Like 3

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banketelli

• zztop911

• pete_95973

• Sinister

On 9/9/2019 at 3:48 AM, Banketelli said:

One day to go now. Which role are you gonna try first? Are you gonna focus on one role at a time or unlock all three and switch between them?

So I really havent done any research to make an educated decision at the moment but since I will be asked to make a decision next time i log in, I think  I will go with the collector to start and then get more violent as I move up the ranks. I dunno, maybe even make it a mini-documentary for my character just to get me excited to play.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 12:20 PM, Con said:

So I really havent done any research to make an educated decision at the moment but since I will be asked to make a decision next time i log in, I think  I will go with the collector to start and then get more violent as I move up the ranks. I dunno, maybe even make it a mini-documentary for my character just to get me excited to play.

The collector is ok, but a bit frustrating. You can only use one map at a time until you complete all the spots on that map. If you open ANY other map(treasure map included) before you complete that map, you lose that map. Some maps are totally worthless, particularly the egg maps! Those show the locations for types of eggs you already have. You can't do the coin maps unless you have the metal detector, unless maybe the new binoculars will show the spot. One tip: Many locations will have two different kinds of collector loot. This can screw with you a bit in locating the loot you came there for. The vibration and sounds can confuse things. Concentrate on the one you came for and then go for the other.

I have all three roles. I get Cripps in production and then work on one of the other roles while Cripps does his magic. If you have  posse members while trader role, they can donate at the butcher table and get role and regular XP for doing so. Also, members can make Cripps recipes at your stew pot and get really good role XP, but it must be one of Cripps recipes. Those give gold cores for three in game days.

For money making(time VS money), the Bounty Hunter is pretty good once ranked up in the role. The higher the rank, the higher level of bounty you get. I think there are three tiers of bounties.

• Thanks 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I went all in on the Trader roll. I ranked up, pretty quickly, and bought the larger delivery wagon that will haul ALL 100 products at one time.

I also bought the hunting wagon.  I haven't explored all the nuances in using it, but it could be a pretty worthwhile buy. I'll post up more on it later.

• Like 2

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 9/10/2019 at 1:20 PM, Con said:

You aren’t forced to pick anything though. The regular free roam option is still on the screen. All picking a role does is start you in the area near the start icon for that particular role. 

18 minutes ago, AlCohonez said:

is it worth picking up those cards in GTA online to get the collector fee for free? or just play RDRO to make up for the gold in other ways?

Pretty sure it's easier and faster to collect the cards in GTA than trying to gather 15 gold bars in RDO.

• Confused 1