What Do You Want to See in the Big Summer Update?

Banketelli

Joining a posse easily. At time a posse invite would be sent but a random player cant actually join.

TNT

Own property with guards that have a skill tree to upgrade along with selectable purchasable weapons & special abilities

A Creator mode where you can place different props like buildings horses Guns, npc Etc. Game modes like capture missions, Deathmatch, parkour & land and sea based races.

Removal of the Dead Eye, passive card system & food eating altogether in player created game modes.

Posse vs Posse crew based H2H or free roam activities or even teaming up with a posse to fight other posse.

Freedom to create a playlist of whatever appropiate available modes.

I want to shoot my horse dead, so there is that issue.

Passive mode Hunting competitions.

More stores across the map & a better payout for the more exotic to a location when its being sold.

Cattle drive was fun in the 1st rdr thought it would be in this one.

Bring back the zombie mode although its kind of played out, but this game needs it badly, any content will do.

Gold, silver, oil, coal ,  thoroughbred horses ect being transported on the train in free roam for the try hards to potentially steal in an almost full lobby, with an alert system to the lobby. It would be like a moving hide out mission from time to time with a treasure map.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banketelli

• zztop911

• pete_95973

• Sinister

Update is coming next week. The three roles look pretty good with some quite useful additions for free roaming like upgraded saddlebags/satchels, hunting wagons, ability to collect herbs from horseback and improved selling prices of jewelry.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 3

Looks like we'll be getting some story mode clothing options like bandoleers, satchels, talismans and maybe even buckles that aren't gold plated. On the screenshots I can spot at least 3 characters wearing the same gun belt but all with different belt buckles. Though, it could be down to something else like color, current role, etc.

I see a few new types of facial hair but they're either very similar to ones already in-game or not that cool-looking, hopefully there will be many others. What is very cool-looking is the undercut hairstyle the female bounty hunter is sporting. Anyone know if that's a new one? Really hope it is 'cause I want some hairstyles like that for my native character.

All the screenshots:

71ecad1bc5b48fe3ac76eaea88a18e13e36e8600.jpg

2dd3ed2decaea94dd851fd79a549fbb1fbd029b7.jpg

6bd4417fa5b309673e0f8a4da2ef498b7452af09.jpg

7f79d45cf363650897ecfaae9bcbf238c83316df.jpg

1538de09bd4a1ebc0feaeb435f6ff58f740cc732.jpg

833a93507c360f35629c2437cecbfe99c59c39d1.jpg

a8a8c3faa0083efdb737f7bdff9325ebe8bc9a98.jpg

259b5560cee57554ff64f59cd883ccf6e6624c33.jpg

db3513e9f0027392f4f60d0e3f91541264aa392e.jpg

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Sinister said:

Sounds interesting.

Hopefully everyone has done enough grinding for those 45 gold bars. 

Not needed!!!!!!!!!!

If you complete the GTA Online High Roller card search, You will get all the role licenses for FREE!

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

3 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Not needed!!!!!!!!!!

If you complete the GTA Online High Roller card search, You will get all the role licenses for FREE!

giphy.gif

Get started as a Bounty Hunter when you meet the Legendary Bounty Hunter in Rhodes and purchase the Bounty Hunter License. The standard cost is 15 Gold Bars, while Twitch Prime Members who link their Twitch and Rockstar Games Social Club accounts by Sunday September 8 will get the Bounty Hunter License for free starting September 10. 

Once you agree to help Cripps, you can start turning your camp into a business by sourcing items for Cripps to convert into sellable goods. An investment of 15 Gold Bars to purchase a Butcher’s Table will get your business up and running, while all PlayStation 4 players will get the Butcher’s Table for free.

Seek out the mysterious travelling saleswoman Madam Nazar to acquire the Collector’s Bag and get started on the path of the Collector. By successfully collecting all 54 hidden playing cards in GTA Online you can forego the upfront cost of the Collector’s Bag and earn it for free. Otherwise, it will cost 15 Gold Bars for access to collecting and selling rare items.

• Haha 3

That's all great, but pretty sure they won't add anything that we would need as a crew to get back into the game collectively.

"Ooh, awesome stuff, that's what we've wanted for a while, but... still can't host jobs, make playlists, join free aim lobbies, etc, etc, while being forced to live with these extremely overpowered ability cards and disconnections every 10mins. Cooooool. I'll check it out and then forget about the game until the next big disappointing update." ^_^

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Protocawl said:

That's all great, but pretty sure they won't add anything that we would need as a crew to get back into the game collectively.

"Ooh, awesome stuff, that's what we've wanted for a while, but... still can't host jobs, make playlists, join free aim lobbies, etc, etc, while being forced to live with these extremely overpowered ability cards and disconnections every 10mins. Cooooool. I'll check it out and then forget about the game until the next big disappointing update." ^_^

Good points, but if you're still having connection problems, there must be a problem with your setup or the server you connect to. The game is far more stable than GTA for me to stay connected and being able to join people.............without having to restart the game.

Hopefully, some day, they will add those abilities you mentioned.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

8 hours ago, Protocawl said:

i agree with just about all of this other than the connection issue.  I pretty much never get disconnected anymore.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

3 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Good points, but if you're still having connection problems, there must be a problem with your setup or the server you connect to. The game is far more stable than GTA for me to stay connected and being able to join people.............without having to restart the game.

Hopefully, some day, they will add those abilities you mentioned.

1 hour ago, pete_95973 said:

i agree with just about all of this other than the connection issue.  I pretty much never get disconnected anymore.

For me it's the other way around - GTA is very stable compared to RDR lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omarcomin71 said:

For me as well. 

You said you haven't played in forever though, right?  It may be better now.  I know disconnects effect some worse than others.  But I find that I get disconnected way, way less on RDR the past few months than I did before.  Though it was never too terribly bad before.

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

5 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

You said you haven't played in forever though, right?  It may be better now.  I know disconnects effect some worse than others.  But I find that I get disconnected way, way less on RDR the past few months than I did before.  Though it was never too terribly bad before.

I don't really disconnect from GTA, but since the DLC, it can get really stupid when trying to join friends. I really hate that to be assured of connected to friends, you have to restart the game. It kinda defeats seep mode.

I have found that once online, you can start up a mission and invite who ya want to play, finish the mission and all go to free roam. It almost always puts you all together in the hosts type of lobby.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

More info + video and well, I'm hyped! Especially for the collector role, finally adding a new reason to explore and immerse yourself in this beautiful world.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61111/Watch-the-Red-Dead-Online-Frontier-Pursuits-Trailer

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/features/roles

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/clubrewards

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2019 at 12:15 PM, Protocawl said:

For me it's the other way around - GTA is very stable compared to RDR lol.

Same here. I almost never get disconnected from GTA. I get disconnected from RDO quite often, though it's not nearly as bad as it was a couple months ago. 

I'm waiting several months before trying it again. It's a fun game overall, but this is the same pattern all online games seem to go through. 2-3 years in is usually the golden age. 

I gave my copy to my nephew.

I also get disconnected from RDR far, far more than GTA, but it's quite random. I can go a week with no disconnections then have a day where I get 2 or 3. It's also a different type of disconnection. On the rare occaisions it happens in GTA I am just kicked out of a PL or back to story mode. When it happens in RDR I get a blue screen, then error message and option to send an error reoprt to Sony and have to restart RDR.

1 hour ago, Banketelli said:

One day to go now. Which role are you gonna try first? Are you gonna focus on one role at a time or unlock all three and switch between them?

I'm thinking of the Trader and Collector. But, experience with this so far has me prepared to be dissapointed with how these are actually implemented.

• Like 2

Siiiigh, I really desperately hope there are crew options coming tomorrow. 

Right now RDRO just reminds me of early No Man's Sky. A vast universe of unfulfilled promises and redundant, aimless gameplay loops that go nowhere.

Really until we can blame Dodge for the job/playlist, the game just isn't ready.

• Like 3

Installed this over the weekend. Forgot just how beautiful this map is. Looking forward to what they do with the next GTA and the upcoming consoles. 

I’m hoping for good things in this update but expect half assed implementation and mechanics similar to GTAO. They are masters at building hype that has no real reward. Just look at the wording for our new land yacht, I mean Penthouse. 

I can see it now. Trader X is delivering goods to the butcher, destroy them for cash and XP.  Bounty Hunter X is making a trip to the sheriff, help the prisoners escape for cash and XP.