What Do You Want to See in the Big Summer Update?

Banketelli

Sometime this summer we should get the first big update for Red Dead Online bringing three new roles to the game.

I think most if not all of us want to see the implementation of player created playlists.

But what else do you want to see added to the game, changes and/or fixes?

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banketelli

• zztop911

• pete_95973

• Sinister

Some fun, open-ended free roam activities for both PvE (but not picking up mushrooms, chasing frogs or waiting for a hideout to spawn) and PvP (which are not cancer/griefing).

Stuff like tracking roaming gangs for rewards, breaking into banks/establishments, doing timed point-to-point pick up jobs while being chased by waves of bounty hunters... etc.

• Like 1

The option to host jobs would be nice, not just join a random series. Along with that the host being able to alter settings like no dead-eye, no owned weapons, non-contact races (because horses still die far too easily from slight collisions) etc would of course be great.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, djw180 said:

The option to host jobs would be nice, not just join a random series. Along with that the host being able to alter settings like no dead-eye, no owned weapons, non-contact races (because horses still die far too easily from slight collisions) etc would of course be great.

All of this. Give me a reason to play this game, please. 

Private lobbies

My own wagon

Face paint

Fugitive Game...limited map, three escaped prisoners. Five bounty hunters. 15 mins to get to safe house...no horse. If you steal anything—-you temporarily show up on the map. You must use foliage and water to hide. 

White rattlesnake hat

Hot air balloons

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

All mentioned already and the ability to own a gatlin gun equipped wagon. Also cavalry style swords would be cool, cut the shit out of @Dodge with one of those...fuck yeah. Bull whips also.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

What I want most:

Creator/playlists/hosting specific jobs

Targeting Priority and Friend/Crew player blips

Properties to buy and live in.  I want a peaceful home in the Lemoyne swamps

Edited by pete2581
  • Like 3

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Most of all probably - what has already been mentioned over and over - control over playable jobs, which includes hosting with custom settings, being able to choose specific jobs to play, make playlists (+ a creator, but that probably won't make it's way in the game for at least a year still, if at all).

Free aim lobbies

Purchasable cabins/lodges, personal canoes, personal wagon(s)

In addition to some criminal activities that have been mentioned (and something that hasn't, like posse heists), I'd like to see some more "heroic" ones as well, such as:

• a posse (or public) event, where the posse/group of random players have to protect a town/settlement/caravan/prisoner transport from attacks (and get rewarded if they succeed)
  • a personal random event where you might have the choice to save an NPC from a sticky situation (like a fire, break-in, robbery, kidnapping, etc.)

Player duels (maybe)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Beez said:

@Protocawl yeah like save.a damsel tied on the train tracks from Snidley Whiplash. ?

That's already in the game.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

My number one improvement would be a quick in-game messaging system. I don't use a mic. and compared to GTAO it's almost impossible to a) find out the gamer tag of the dude who just passed me, and b) send them a message. A Ye Olde version of the GTAO d-pad up smartphone would do.

I made heaps of friends in gtao free-roam and co-op missions but I've made zero in RDRO.

Hey I didn't want to make a new thread so tacking on a question: 

Has anyone seen a canoe on the bank of the river up the Dakota river? 

I was fishing for Sockeye N-NW of Valentine and a player cruised past in a canoe heading downriver. Was a bit of a surprise.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 10:41 AM, yakston major said:

Hey I didn't want to make a new thread so tacking on a question: 

Has anyone seen a canoe on the bank of the river up the Dakota river? 

I was fishing for Sockeye N-NW of Valentine and a player cruised past in a canoe heading downriver. Was a bit of a surprise.

Yes I have. I'm fairly sure it's just someone doing a stranger mission where you have to retrieve the canoe and return it to camp down river.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pete_95973 said:

A bit of an update today:

All sounds good but as DC says, we need the ability to host pl's.

How many kills are you up to??

54 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

All sounds good but as DC says, we need the ability to host pl's.

How many kills are you up to??

Not many...around 3100 I think. :( What about you?

I jumped on today for the first time in probably a month.  I did do a free roam job and played the King of the Hill freeroam event though and had fun.  I still think the game has so much potential.  I agree about the playlist hosting and a creator would be awesome.  And I still really want targeting priority or friend/crew blips.

Edited by pete2581
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

On 8/3/2019 at 12:12 AM, pete_95973 said:

Not many...around 3100 I think. :( What about you?

I jumped on today for the first time in probably a month.  I did do a free roam job and played the King of the Hill freeroam event though and had fun.  I still think the game has so much potential.  I agree about the playlist hosting and a creator would be awesome.  And I still really want targeting priority or friend/crew blips.

I'm at just over 8k. Not a lot considering how much I have played. We would have been way, way past the 10k at this point had the game allowed for custom PL hosting.

Still enjoy the game a lot. All the additions of different combat modes have made the showdown series actually playable. Usually able to get 5-6 good matches in before one of the terrible original modes show up. But yeah, it has so much more potential. 

Only just now read the update properly through. Actually sounds really good. Especially the trader role. Weapon locker to finally get rid of all the useless guns and a hunting wagon! I wonder if the canine companion will be fixed to the camp. Kinda sounds like it.  

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2

Reluctantly logged on because @Hatch was playing RDR. Did some hunting and fishing, then Hatch wanted to do some Showdowns. So we did. I'm not sure, but I think the game physics changed a bit. I wasnt just a bullet sponge like I was when it first launched. And the new modes that I had never played before were a lot of fun. Would've been better with all Crew in a PL, but I still had fun. I might play it a little on the weekends to get back into it a bit. 

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

7 hours ago, Dodge said:

Reluctantly logged on because @Hatch was playing RDR. Did some hunting and fishing, then Hatch wanted to do some Showdowns. So we did. I'm not sure, but I think the game physics changed a bit. I wasnt just a bullet sponge like I was when it first launched. And the new modes that I had never played before were a lot of fun. Would've been better with all Crew in a PL, but I still had fun. I might play it a little on the weekends to get back into it a bit. 

Most of the new modes are really good. Fun objectives and much more team focused than the old ones. If a Creator does come to the game at some point, hopefully we will be able to create our own versions of these modes.

• Like 1

Some of new modes really do not work with randoms. You have to work with your teammates and most randoms seem to treat everything as if it were a deathmatch and just kill any other players, even when that doesn't necessarily add to the team score. I forget the name of the mode, @Banketelli I'm sure knows the one I mean, where only one designated player on each team scores points for killing enemies, yet when I do this (not that often admittedly), I always see teammates taking kills that score 0 when the designated player could have got the kill and scored points. I pointed this out to R* in feedback on why we need the ability to play as a crew / freinds only and not just with the random bunch you get grouped up with at the moment.

Racing is still awful for me. It needs the non-contact option or a much better contact system as it's still far too easy to get killed from the slightest collision with another player. I think lag may be a factor there and the slight collision I see isn't that slight for the other player - happens in free roam alot, collidiing with another player that you just don't see till the collisions actually happen. I think as it stand the game mechanics are not good enough to cope with contact horse racing.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Some of new modes really do not work with randoms. You have to work with your teammates and most randoms seem to treat everything as if it were a deathmatch and just kill any other players, even when that doesn't necessarily add to the team score. I forget the name of the mode, @Banketelli I'm sure knows the one I mean, where only one designated player on each team scores points for killing enemies, yet when I do this (not that often admittedly), I always see teammates taking kills that score 0 when the designated player could have got the kill and scored points. I pointed this out to R* in feedback on why we need the ability to play as a crew / freinds only and not just with the random bunch you get grouped up with at the moment.

Racing is still awful for me. It needs the non-contact option or a much better contact system as it's still far too easy to get killed from the slightest collision with another player. I think lag may be a factor there and the slight collision I see isn't that slight for the other player - happens in free roam alot, collidiing with another player that you just don't see till the collisions actually happen. I think as it stand the game mechanics are not good enough to cope with contact horse racing.

That's Public Enemy. I have also experienced episodes where the public enemy could have gotten the kill + point easily but a team mate took it. But most often there's not really time to assess the situation and since the the opponent score 3 points if they kill the public enemy it better just to make sure he stays alive and take the kill.

I actually find that randoms in that mode go too much after the target. They all want to kill the public enemy and get the points so they just sprint in his direction like headless chickens. Often find myself going for anyone but the public enemy since nobody else is doing it and the team is getting flanked.

I mostly enjoy playing the new modes, a heck of a lot better than the old ones though the bar wasn't exactly set that damn high. But yeah, they would be a million times better with the crew 'cause many of them allow for some interesting tactics. 

Only do races when a daily objective demands it, and I only do the open races. Collisions definitely need to be looked at. Generally I just think that crashing happens too easily. A small rock that lead a huge crash.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...