Differences between Outlast+Whistleblower to Outlast 2

@Con

Sorry, I tried to post it in the chatbox, but I was over 300 characters, lol.

So, here goes nothing:

I like that they've made the game play more player interactive. You have the ability to listen to enemies when you're hiding in certain areas using your camcorder, so you can avoid them when you're trying to find a way out. This has definitely heightened the fear factor for me personally. Especially with the volume loud and clear using your headset - you feel as if they're right next to you or behind you. I can only imagine how scarier it could be if put into a VR format. When you're attacked by specific characters you have the ability to break free otherwise you're still hiding, running, or dying, lol. They've also allowed you to have bandages to heal up after being attacked or wounded which is helpful, so you're literally not dying every time. Being able to stay underwater to hide from enemies was a pretty cool ability as well although it irritates me when you come up to the surface and your lens and view is obscured by the water droplets - I reference that to me wearing glasses and having to run in the rain to avoid my lens getting wet, lol. I never tried to stay underwater for longer than usual to see if the player runs out of oxygen; guess I shall try that during my next stream. I appreciate that this time around Red Barrel has enabled your camcorder to know when you need to record certain areas - what it does now is if it detects an area that you need for footage and documentation it shows a red line completing a circle in the middle of your screen to show that it's being recorded. I do get a bit irritated having to constantly switch night vision on and off when recording or trying to find my way because the environment and lighting changes all the time. I do like the fact that there are some parts in certain chapters where you have to figure out where you need to go next - that put me in panic mode in a heartbeat!

My character recently got nailed to the cross, so that was a bit uncomfortable to watch him get hammered on and then ripping his hands out from there. I'm not sure if I'm in the middle of the game or towards the end yet, so we'll see. I'm scared and excited at the same time as you can tell from my last Outlast 2 streams. ❤️ :) 

Edited by punkbish85