omarcomin71

Date of Event: Sunday 16th of June

Time of Event in UTC: 8pm

Does Event Repeat: Possibly

If Event Repeats/How Often:  Quarterly? Yearly? Depends on interest

Event Host: Pete and Lime

Amount of Players Allowed: 12 

Special Rules for Event:

In Red Dead Online we will host private poker games.  Lime will host a table of 4-6 players and I will host a table of 4-6 players (we could have three tables if there is enough interest).  Each table everyone starts with $5.00 as the game allows and then there is one hour of game play.  The top 2 or 3 winners from that table during that hour will move on to the final table to be played that day or possibly the following week.  At the final table the remaining players play for one hour and the player with the most chips at the end is crowned the 1st Red Dead Poker Champion.

RDR 1st Poker Championship

• Like 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete_95973

• Con

• LimeGreenLegend

• Lann

Excited for this event, I need to play some practise games because I don't know all the rules anymore. Someone want to play a friendly game with me somewhere this week?

4 hours ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

Excited for this event, I need to play some practise games because I don't know all the rules anymore. Someone want to play a friendly game with me somewhere this week?

There is a regular poker night Saturday nights with Hatch’s Saturday night event

6 hours ago, Lann said:

I am in, just need to learn the game.

What’s great is the game gives you that cheat-sheet where you can see the strength of the winning hands. Once you know what beats what...then it’s all mind games after that. 

2 hours ago, Con said:

What’s great is the game gives you that cheat-sheet where you can see the strength of the winning hands. Once you know what beats what...then it’s all mind games after that. 

I know poker as far as the hands, but i really need to catch up on the details in how its played in RDR. 

4 minutes ago, Lann said:

I know poker as far as the hands, but i really need to catch up on the details in how its played in RDR. 

Get in a public game. $25 but it will be a good warm up before we go up against the XDBDX varmints. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 2:24 PM, Dodge said:

I think I'm in. 

Here at XDBX we have an RSVP function for events players wish to attend :)

We have one spot remaining (assuming @Dodge) is playing.  Who wants the last spot? 

Event is this Sunday at 8pm UTC.  On Friday I will randomly draw the tables that @LimeGreenLegend and I will host.  Get that poker practice in cowboys and cowgirls!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

1 hour ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Getting hyped for this :)

But you will be shortly thereafter miserable when @Protocawl calls you all the way down with his pair of two's and makes trips on the river! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

I am dropping to a maybe. Didnt realize it was Father's Day that day. I'm sure my kids will have something planned, but it is suppose to rain so for sure 50 50 at this point

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1 hour ago, Hatch said:

I am dropping to a maybe. Didnt realize it was Father's Day that day. I'm sure my kids will have something planned, but it is suppose to rain so for sure 50 50 at this point

As a father, don’t you get to decide your plans? ?

1 hour ago, omarcomin71 said:

As a father, don’t you get to decide your plans? ?

You would think so.....

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

17 minutes ago, Dodge said:

That's not how this works. 

In @omarcomin71 and my house growing up...it is exactly how it worked.

But it is a new world compared to our parents born in the 1940's :)

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Okay the tables have been drawn. 

On Sunday @LimeGreenLegend will be hosting a private game and inviting these players:

@Protocawl@Banketelli@Hatch@omarcomin71@Beez

I will be hosting a private table at the same time and inviting these players:

@Dodge@RammsteinDUDE@Con@Lann@punkbish85

Each table will play poker for one hour, time to be kept by Lime and me.  At the end of one hour the three players with the most money will advance to the final table.  The player with the most money at the end of one hour at the final table will be declared the champion.   If there is a tie anywhere in the top 3 in the first round, additional hands will be played until there is a winner.  Will probably only take a hand or two more due to blinds being forced. If anyone gets disconnected Lime or myself will have to use the PS4 to record the previous footage to see how much that player was winning or losing at the time of the disconnect and apply that difference to their results when they get back in the game.

If people leave or tell us they can't play before the event starts we will have to balance out the tables and possibly move a player.  Event will start Sunday at 8pm UTC, 4pm eastern time.

Good luck.  Get some practice in because in a little over 48 hours we.....

giphy.gif

Edited by pete2581
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

1 minute ago, Lann said:

Is there a link to read about the rules anywhere?

You referring to the rules of poker or this event?  For this event I have pretty much spelled it out in my last post.  Let me know if anything is unclear.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497