Trophy Hunting

RammsteinDUDE

Hey people,

Are there any trophy hunters out in this crew?  Or people who like to play some great offline games occasionally? 

• Like 3

I'm sort of a trophy hunter. I don't buy games that are easy platinums for the sake of trophies, unless they are free monthly ps plus games. I don't own many games, but the games I do own, I try to platinum.

I like trophies, always check what they are before starting a game.  I won't go out of my way to get them unless I love the game.  Have sixteen plats, which is nothing compared to you :D, but they were all for games I loved.

I play loads of offline games, there's an amazing one free for PS+ now, What Remains of Edith Finch, incredible game, easy plat :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potato said:

I'm sort of a trophy hunter. I don't buy games that are easy platinums for the sake of trophies, unless they are free monthly ps plus games. I don't own many games, but the games I do own, I try to platinum.

That's good, I few years back I had the bad habit to buy games for easy platinums but I don't do that anymore. Nowadays I only buy games I like and try to platinum them. Although I still got to admit I always check the trophylist beforehand (And sometimes not buying if the trophylist is too hard/or too much of a grind) 

And is there anyone in this crew who got the RDR2 platinum? I personally need two more trophies there, 70 gold on mission and level 50 online. I quit after like a month to take a brake but never continued. 

29 minutes ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

And is there anyone in this crew who got the RDR2 platinum? I personally need two more trophies there, 70 gold on mission and level 50 online. I quit after like a month to take a brake but never continued. 

Same here, need the golds and 5 more ranks to reach 50.

Not sure I'll ever get the golds, not unless R* make the missions like GTA where progress carries over.

Haven't played it for a while.

Edited by DavidCore89

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Not sure I'll ever get the golds, not unless R* make the missions like GTA where progress carries over.

Having to nail all the objectives for the missions in one go is a fucking ball-ache.

32 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Having to nail all the objectives for the missions in one go is a fucking ball-ache.

Absolutely!

A lot of the objectives were bugged as well.

I trophy hunt for games I like and most are usually a pain to get. Currently working on Ace Combat 7 plat, then probably will go back after the RDR plat. Then it's time to get another Farm Simulator plat

I'm really closer to Unit 13 and Lego Batman plats on PS Vita but don't play it often

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'm a bit of a trophy hunter, but only have 7 platinums due to the fact that most of the games I've played have a shit-ton of trophies with a few or many of them being some head-ache inducing MP/online trophies. Every time I look at my trophy list I almost feel like crying/banging my head against a wall because I'd have to grind like a madman for all the stupid MP trophies of games with dead multiplayer to finish quite a few platinums. Even thinking about it now stresses me out lol.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments, more trophy hunters in here than I expected :) Good thing that all you guys only platinum games you like, I had some times were that wasn't the case haha. 

Are there any particular trophy's/platinums you're proud of? Mine would be the 100% trophy completion on GTAV on PS4 ofcourse as very few people got all the trophy's. Some other mentions would be the three Crash Bandicoot remastered games or the last three editions of F1 especially 2017.

8 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

I just started RDR2 again, first I will try to get to lvl. 50 in online and after that the 35-40 missions I still need gold for. It is indeed very stupid that you need all objectives in one run. Some missions are as good as impossible.

I have about 5 platinums which I would consider difficult either due to the amount of hours needed to put in, or based on skill. My most proud platinums are The GTAV ps3 plat, guitar hero live, f1 2017, and dead by daylight.

• Like 1

I used to hunt platinum but I don't have many games. Only buy ones I'm sure I'm gonna love and I try to platinum them but so far I haven't been very successful. I have 5 platinums. 

Most of the times there are some MP trophies that ruin my motivation and I give up. 

Now I can't play as much as I used to so I don't care about trophies no more. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Potato said:

I have about 5 platinums which I would consider difficult either due to the amount of hours needed to put in, or based on skill. My most proud platinums are The GTAV ps3 plat, guitar hero live, f1 2017, and dead by daylight.

Some nice plats, F1 2017 was fun to play but when I went focusing on the trophies it became a tedious grind. Respect for the Dead by Daylight platinum, heard that one is also a enormous grind.

1 hour ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

Some nice plats, F1 2017 was fun to play but when I went focusing on the trophies it became a tedious grind. Respect for the Dead by Daylight platinum, heard that one is also a enormous grind.

The only grind for f1 2017 for me was the 85% of all upgrades which took like 5 seasons. Didn't realise that upgrade progress was wiped when you signed for a new team, so I had to start again. Plus the trophy was buggy so I had all upgrades before it popped.

Yes DBD is a huge grind plus it's completely online so it's skill based, also partly luck based because unlocks are random, has over 100 trophies, extremely buggy and laggy, and the player base is full of rage. If I play killer I will get salty message at a minimum of 1 in 3 games ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I like trophy hunting but specifically in games that I enjoy.

If it's something ridiculous like me playing the game three times over to get all the trophies, well I'll probably just never achieve the platinum trophy.

Personally I believe if the task is too daunting & time consuming versus enjoyment that I get out of the game, then it's not worth it, I can get back to it at another point which most likely means never.

Detroit becomes human is a recent example of one of the games I most likely will not complete. Take a glimpse of the trophies I don't have.