Fuel prices.

Burgermauger

Hi all, here in Canada they have introduced a new carbon tax and our fuel prices jumped considerably. Where I live it’s $1.20/litre, in Vancouver it’s $1.79/litre. 

I know here in Canada it’s metric and I believe in UK and Europe it’s in litres as well. But the US is imperial. 

Please post the price per litre or price per gallon where your from. 

1 hour ago, Burgermauger said:

Hi all, here in Canada they have introduced a new carbon tax and our fuel prices jumped considerably. Where I live it’s $1.20/litre, in Vancouver it’s $1.79/litre. 

I know here in Canada it’s metric and I believe in UK and Europe it’s in litres as well. But the US is imperial. 

Please post the price per litre or price per gallon where your from. 

Netherlands....the land of high fuel taxes.....

1 litre Euro95 (also called E10):   EUR 1,81
That's 2,72 in Canadian dollars if I'm correct?

1 litre Diesel (also called B7):      EUR 1,48

@punkbish85 can you send me some by mail? That's cheaper than getting it here...?

1litre of diesel: €1.48

1litre of 95 petrol: €1,84

unless you go for those shady intermarche or leclerc fuel stations. Then the prices might go down around €0,10 a litre. 

16 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

I have a friend in Angola and he says the price there, today, is USD 0,43 a litre.... 

That's what happens when your country is an oil field

• Haha 1

Around £1.20 a litre where I am.

Or 2.09 CAD.

There's a dude near me driving a V8 Mustang. I don't wanna see how much he pays to run that.

26 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Or 2.09 CAD.

There's a dude near me driving a V8 Mustang. I don't wanna see how much he pays to run that.

I have a V8 at home (Lexus LS 430)... I know what that feels like... Pity cos they are wonderful cars to drive, but the fuel prices makes me leave it at home most of the time... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Or 2.09 CAD.

I’ve got a Dodge Ram with a 5.7L Hemi in it. 12L/100km city driving lol it stings filling it up.

• Like 1

Around Dallas, Texas it's about $2.60/gallon for regular, and just a little more for diesel. Gas prices here are usually lower than our national average. I drive around 500 miles per week, and spend about $70 to fill up once per week(diesel).

Edited by Jjss924

Around 1.56€ for 95/E10 and 1.50€ for diesel. Give or take 10cts between gas stations like Total, BP, Esso and the supermarket ones. 

Most of that is tax and from my understanding, the tax increase or decrease according to the oil market, to keep prices balanced. 

Prices have been rising since the beginning of the year. Probably not gonna stop anytime soon now that the US are messing with Iran again.

I guess you heard about the 'Gilets Jaunes' crisis here in France since november. The start of that movement was actually the gas prices and a new gas tax specifically. 

Now prices are higher than they were back in november... 

Edited by Fido_le_muet

@Fido_le_muet I heard years ago that in the US the oil companies profit something like $0.05 per gallon. They had the executives testify before congress, and the truth about the taxes came out. 

• Sad 1

I think it is around @.50 a gallon here in my part of Illinois. I really don't even look, gotta get it anyways regardless of cost

Our HHR does well on gas milage (it's the flower delivery car). The family Yukon does ok given the size of it. My S10 isn't a gas milage kind of vehicle so nothing good for it is expected, UK folks would have a stroke trying to drive it and afford to do it.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

3 hours ago, Hatch said:

I think it is around @.50 a gallon here in my part of Illinois. I really don't even look, gotta get it anyways regardless of cost

Our HHR does well on gas milage (it's the flower delivery car). The family Yukon does ok given the size of it. My S10 isn't a gas milage kind of vehicle so nothing good for it is expected, UK folks would have a stroke trying to drive it and afford to do it.

Here's stroke material for UK folks in driving and affordability. This is a long truck! It's on the stock tune and bone stock except a particulate filter removal.  It only gets 19mpg on the highway in the current configuration. I can tweak it with some mods and get it up to 25mpg. I just don't use it enough to justify that, even though there would be a quite nice increase in HP and TQ. If I was building cars again, I would probably do it for easier and more fuel efficient towing of my trailer.

spacer.png

This thing gets 26 mpg running at 80 mph on the interstate. It actually gets slightly less at 70mph. Must be the gearing.

spacer.png

Notice my old hot rod work horse F250 in the background. It has a BUNCH of mods on it and makes stupid HP and TQ. It would outrun a stock 2018 Mustang GT at the track. LOL! I think I cracked a head when towing a load of hay and I let my egt get a little too high when pushing it a bit too fast. 260K miles on it.

• Like 2

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

Here's stroke material for UK folks in driving and affordability. This is a long truck! It's on the stock tune and bone stock except a particulate filter removal.  It only gets 19mpg on the highway in the current configuration. I can tweak it with some mods and get it up to 25mpg. I just don't use it enough to justify that, even though there would be a quite nice increase in HP and TQ. If I was building cars again, I would probably do it for easier and more fuel efficient towing of my trailer.

spacer.png

This thing gets 26 mpg running at 80 mph on the interstate. It actually gets slightly less at 70mph. Must be the gearing.

spacer.png

Notice my old hot rod work horse F250 in the background. It has a BUNCH of mods on it and makes stupid HP and TQ. It would outrun a stock 2018 Mustang GT at the track. LOL! I think I cracked a head when towing a load of hay and I let my egt get a little too high when pushing it a bit too fast. 260K miles on it.

oh my god wow GIF

That truck is probably longer than my street!

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

oh my god wow GIF

That truck is probably longer than my street!

A couple blocks long? LOL!

spacer.png

• Like 4

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!