Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

PS5 Official Hardware Details


Recommended Posts

Con
2 hours ago, Sinister said:

That is how they keep us spending money we don’t have.  

For sure. The list of things I have needed because my new laptop comes with only Thunderbolt 3 ports has been a bit surprising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Smurf

    18

  • Sinister

    15

  • JuniorChubb

    10

  • Con

    9

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else seen the tech demo for Unreal Engine 5 running on a PS5?  It looks incredible.  

A look at the PS5 UI.  It looks clean and fast. And a video about it from Digital Foundry, who really know their sh*t.  

The PS5 Teardown. I am glad they are using liquid metal as your wont ever need to change it and it will run cooler.  

Posted Images

Smurf
4 hours ago, zztop911 said:

TVs that fully support the next-gen consoles also need a new type of HDMI port to handle all that data: HDMI 2.1

So if you don't have that type of Port it's not going to be the best even though you have the screen resolution and refresh rate

You can just purchase a high quality hdmi 1.4 to 2.1 adapter but i'm pretty sure a 60hz monitor or TV will work regardless. For example in game someone with a low latency 120hz display has the advantage of seeing you come around a corner faster than you can see them, and when your dead your wondering if the game is broken or it a slow internet connection etc . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smurf
1 hour ago, Con said:

For sure. The list of things I have needed because my new laptop comes with only Thunderbolt 3 ports has been a bit surprising.

Ive been window shopping online to see what it would cost to build a sleeper gaming PC & I was surprised at how costly it was, & more surprised at the youtubers that dare to recommend a processor that has over 8 cpu core's or motherboards with pcie 4.0. No exiting games will use the extra core's even in the near future nor use up the full read/ write bandwidth of the pcie 4.0, pcie 3.0 is more than capable. Its nuts out there man.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister

I wouldn't stress too much over the new HDMI standard. All we have is a bunch of specs on paper right now. I doubt there will be many (IF any at all) 4k 120 FPS games anytime soon.  4k is very demanding at 60FPS, let alone double that. 

Besides, folks have been playing GTAO at 1080 with 20 to 25 FPS for years, I doubt they will be rushing out to get 4K/120Hz TVs any time soon.

All the PS5 GTA will be is the current PC version on max settings. I'm already playing that and it is still a struggle to get super high FPS, especially in the city with a 30 player lobby.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister
On 10/6/2020 at 4:01 PM, Smurf said:

Ive been window shopping online to see what it would cost to build a sleeper gaming PC & I was surprised at how costly it was, & more surprised at the youtubers that dare to recommend a processor that has over 8 cpu core's or motherboards with pcie 4.0. No exiting games will use the extra core's even in the near future nor use up the full read/ write bandwidth of the pcie 4.0, pcie 3.0 is more than capable. Its nuts out there man.

It doesn't have to be expensive at all. There are some good reddit pages on PC building and how a good gaming rig doesn't HAVE to break the bank. The real insane part, price wise, is the GPU and even then one doesn't need the $1500 option to be happy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
zztop911
On 10/6/2020 at 2:35 PM, Smurf said:

You can just purchase a high quality hdmi 1.4 to 2.1 adapter but i'm pretty sure a 60hz monitor or TV will work regardless. For example in game someone with a low latency 120hz display has the advantage of seeing you come around a corner faster than you can see them, and when your dead your wondering if the game is broken or it a slow internet connection etc . 

I haven't read any on the new standard, but I'd suspect it could be a bottleneck. I'm sure my tv will work fine.

I'm probably not gonna buy one release day. I just don't have any games I feel I just have to play that's on the PS5.

I'll just wait and see how this one works out.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smurf
1 hour ago, Sinister said:

The real insane part, price wise, is the GPU and even then one doesn't need the $1500 option to be happy.

Its best to start with the best resolution of your intended display & find the GPU's with the highest FPS for it, then deductive reason out the one that suits, after researching driver compatibility with your primary games, price, tdp, specs, display connectors & maybe case form factor.

3 hours ago, zztop911 said:

I'll just wait and see how this one works out.

Yeah its out in less than 5 weeks, hopefully more info comes out sooner.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smurf

I'm over hear thinking 🤔 Sony is playing the console hardware details close to their chest, when all it could be is a NDA between them & AMD as AMD have yet to revealed certain technology as of yet meaning Zen 2.

Edited by Smurf
Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Still can't get a pre-order :default_fire:

Seems to me the winner of the generation of console war will be the company with the most stock. Should be millions of consoles around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb

I have given up on the pre-order.

There is nothing particularly want at launch so I’ll just wait a bit before picking one up. Might even wait until after Christmas.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel
13 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I have given up on the pre-order.

There is nothing particularly want at launch so I’ll just wait a bit before picking one up. Might even wait until after Christmas.

Even if pre-orders aren’t available you’ll probably be able to pick one up from somewhere if wanted. 
 

I’m still in no major rush to get one instantly. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister

Yesterday Amazon had more available for pre order. They sold quick but Amazon says more will be made available over the coming weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend

Still worried that Currys are gonna email me saying they don’t have the stock. It’s not happened yet, and I can pay for it 28 days before release, which is next week I think.  Looking forward to the Miles Morales Spider-Man game. The first one was great fun.  Cyberpunk 2077 releases the same day as the PS5 as well.  May be very skint for a couple of months.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister
6 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Still worried that Currys are gonna email me saying they don’t have the stock. It’s not happened yet, and I can pay for it 28 days before release, which is next week I think.  Looking forward to the Miles Morales Spider-Man game. The first one was great fun.  Cyberpunk 2077 releases the same day as the PS5 as well.  May be very skint for a couple of months.

That Spider Man game is the reason my Daughter wants one RIGHT NOW. lol.

She is unaware that we found one so she is always emailing when she hears that someone has some available.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend

A look at the PS5 UI.  It looks clean and fast.

And a video about it from Digital Foundry, who really know their sh*t.

 

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.