GTA event planning and ideas

JuniorChubb

A few years ago, I spent some tracks in the creator, but never did anything with the tracks I made. Showing them to you guys, would be awesome if they would be used in a race night.

Made a little video to show the tracks. First one is a remake of Zolder. Could use some more scenery around the track, but the track itself is ok I think.

Then we got Twin ring, this one 100% ready to go I think, I like the final section at night, with the lights from the airport. 

And the final one is my little baby, a fictional stunt track, with the looks and bumps of a real street track.

If any of the Wednesdaynight hosts would like some changes to be made, let me know! If you think the tracks are trash and not useable, just act like you never saw this post. 

(ps, I sorry for the bins)

• Like 2

@Realjaysee I remember using your Zolder in the past, and realising you are decent secret creator...

Careful though, only room for one JC in Creator 😉

• Sad 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've had a idea.  I think it's different and we haven't done it before as far as I know.

Concept:  "Stock, Sleeper, Racer or Ricer".

We pick a class before the night.  Muscle might be a good idea. Top cars are banned.  We all meet in free roam in our Muscle car.  Now each competitor has options for what they bring:

1.  Turn up in a stock car. (Stock)

2.  Turn up in a tuned car that looks stock (Sleeper)

3.  Turn up in a tuned car that looks like it's tuned (Racer)

4.  Turn up in a car that looks tuned but is actually stock (Ricer).

THEN THE TWIST.

Before the first race everybody gets 1 turn to choose another competitors car for the race or keep their own.

Turn up in a Sleeper and hope no one steals it, turn up in a Ricer and hope some one steals it..... etc.

If someone steals your car you end up with theirs unless you still have your turn to pick someone elses.  You can't steal a car that someone has already stolen.

Once everyone has picked or stuck with what they have we go and have the first race.

Much hilarity ensues etc,

Now for the next race.

Maybe you  choose a different muscle car from your selection, maybe you just choose a stock one that you don't even own.  Then once we're on the grid we do it all again, everyone gets to choose someone else car but this time the person who finished last gets first shout then the person who finished second last etc right up until the winner of the last race who ends up in whichever car is left.  Some of the cars you might recognise from the first race, some of them may be new as people try to confuse each other.  Then line up on the grid in revers order of finishing last time and off we go.

Then we do it all over again.  Probably about 5 or 6 races instead of the usual 8 as there would be quite a lot of time on the grid with people choosing each others cars.

This works in my head but I'm having difficulty putting it into writing.  I think it would be a fun mix of racing and devious hilarity.

Thoughts?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyeDave said:

Ok, I've had a idea.  I think it's different and we haven't done it before as far as I know.

Concept:  "Stock, Sleeper, Racer or Ricer".

We pick a class before the night.  Muscle might be a good idea. Top cars are banned.  We all meet in free roam in our Muscle car.  Now each competitor has options for what they bring:

1.  Turn up in a stock car. (Stock)

2.  Turn up in a tuned car that looks stock (Sleeper)

3.  Turn up in a tuned car that looks like it's tuned (Racer)

4.  Turn up in a car that looks tuned but is actually stock (Ricer).

THEN THE TWIST.

Before the first race everybody gets 1 turn to choose another competitors car for the race or keep their own.

Turn up in a Sleeper and hope no one steals it, turn up in a Ricer and hope some one steals it..... etc.

If someone steals your car you end up with theirs unless you still have your turn to pick someone elses.  You can't steal a car that someone has already stolen.

Once everyone has picked or stuck with what they have we go and have the first race.

Much hilarity ensues etc,

Now for the next race.

Maybe you  choose a different muscle car from your selection, maybe you just choose a stock one that you don't even own.  Then once we're on the grid we do it all again, everyone gets to choose someone else car but this time the person who finished last gets first shout then the person who finished second last etc right up until the winner of the last race who ends up in whichever car is left.  Some of the cars you might recognise from the first race, some of them may be new as people try to confuse each other.  Then line up on the grid in revers order of finishing last time and off we go.

Then we do it all over again.  Probably about 5 or 6 races instead of the usual 8 as there would be quite a lot of time on the grid with people choosing each others cars.

This works in my head but I'm having difficulty putting it into writing.  I think it would be a fun mix of racing and devious hilarity.

Thoughts?  

Defiantly got potential I reckon

• Like 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

@SkyeDave sounds cool and I reckon you don’t need to tweak it much at all, pretty much ready to roll as it is.

The only things I would suggest are, short races but more of them so you don’t spend too long in a stock car if you end up in one.

Maybe a 30 second limit on the car swapping with some kind of code to speed thing up. For example, stay seated in the driver seat if you own the car (ie can be stolen) stand on the roof if you stole the car (ie nobody else can steal it).

Just ideas though, your might, your call.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Chubb, sorry I haven't been around much. Not felt thepull of GTA as much, but certainly feeling the pull of a good community to be in. Would it be possible to take a night (maybe next week) for a mix of car related nonsense? Not specifically racing, but a couple of events and adversary modes.

On 9/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, Challenger001 said:

Hey Chubb, sorry I haven't been around much. Not felt thepull of GTA as much, but certainly feeling the pull of a good community to be in. Would it be possible to take a night (maybe next week) for a mix of car related nonsense? Not specifically racing, but a couple of events and adversary modes.

Hey @Challenger001, I don't think @JuniorChubbsaw this because you didn't tag him in it.  Are you still doing something tomorrow night? Would be great if you were.  

Cheers @SkyeDave

@Challenger001 to be blunt no.

Wednesday nights have always been based around cars to escape from the awful shoot and roll combat mechanics of GTA.

There are some adversary modes based sound cars (Sumo etc) these are fine.

Once combat jobs start to creep in we will just be running generic playlists before we know it.

I was going to focus on vehicle based adversary modes (Sumo etc) rather than ground combat but if the decision is no I'll happy just let you guys do a regular racing playlist. 

5 minutes ago, Challenger001 said:

I was going to focus on vehicle based adversary modes (Sumo etc)

Vehicle based Adversaries are cool, go fo it. 👍

Hey @Challenger001you should post something up in the events page if you're going to do something because it's not a given that people will just show up on a Wednesday if they're not sure if there is something on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there @JuniorChubband @SkyeDavesince you guys seem to be the experts on this, and I'm asking for some support/advice before the event instead of on the day of...

I have a hankering to do another Top Gear style challenge, but primarily for the VANS crew. So a few things:

1) Last time I ran it a lot of people turned up in the 'meta' car (the Primo), would you oppose the idea of 'one type of car per person' on the night, to keep it varied and so we can all do a proper 'And I turned up in this' angle? Or would there be a massive rush for the one meta car and everyone else feels left out... or would it be fair to let what we expect to be the meta to be given to a driver not known for the best results?

2) Is it feasable to run all events in freemode? My idea would be a series of cars across multiple classes, so doing races isn't going to work unless I use a lot of transform races. I'm guessing with the regular crew it should be a good clean time, but if you guys have had problems, maybe I'll look into the TF races. 

3) Is it alright to lock it to VANS even if I'm not a full member? I'm aware the VBRJ crew are where I'm from and there's not been a lot of problems with them joining in, but I feel like I should be doing something for you guys who've given me a new home and a good time, or would that be too exclusionary? 

Best regards-

Challenger

• Like 1

@Challenger001

1. I have found opening up the car choice usually brings in a varied choice of car. It really depends on how ‘try hard’ the players are. I get people to message me their choice in this situation then things can monitored and still provide a ‘reveal’ on the night.

2. Free mode is fine, we have done this before but just be aware... once the police turn up it can be hard to lose them.

3. As far as participation is concerned these are the options I consider using.

VANS crew tag only

VANS website crew area members only

RockstarSocialClub.net users only

Open to all

That should cover you 👍

• Like 1

I prefer the fifth option of all welcome except chubb as he's a knob head.

Sorry, it's been a while and I'm stuck in cornwall with minimal reception for lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

@Challenger001

@JuniorChubb Thanks for your wise words as ever.

The biggest problem with not inviting along the piston heads guys at the moment is that we're a bit short on numbers without them.  When it's them and us we hit around 10 players.  Without them we're between 4 and 6 at the moment.  So it depends what you're doing. Sometime 4 or 6 is good but for race nights I don't think it's enough.  I like having them along, they're quiet, respectful and race well. I think at the moment it would be a shame to tell them they couldn't come for a week without good reason.  Our Wednesdays could lose more momentum, they might start doing someone else playlist on a Wednesday night and before you know it we're down to 4 or 5 people again.  We're not going to collaborate with XDBX every week, that's more of an occasional event which was why I was running it under the Xero Gas banner but if the piston heads guys wanna come along on Wednesdays regularly then I'm all for it.  They've already signed up to the forum in numbers without being asked which is encouraging. ...

It's not that I don't want to include them, I just was worried perhaps it would dilute the vibe that @JuniorChubb was going for with some of his events that were based around the core group of you guys - Catman, Trashbags, etc etc. Maybe it's just a quiet time in general for the crew? In which case I could hold off on my plan until the new year, but I have a few other routes I could go down, though I'd feel bad doing primarily racing events since I've mentioned before that's not really what I play GTA for, haha. 

The other thing while you're here @SkyeDave, since you've managed to gather the big groups for XBDX, perhaps another time, would it be much to suggest or do you think there'd be interest in a NASCAR/Hotring Sabre night where every driver uses an individual livery? 

I'll give it a bit of thought but you can pin me down for an event next week, just might not be the exact Top Gear style event I'd planned. 

Sorry for my complete lack of activity lately, I have just had a complete collapse of enthusiasm. 

I haven't switched the PlayStation on for a few weeks apart from Mrs Chubb to play Fall Guys.

Sorry to bother you about turning up then @JuniorChubb, I know how it is. A change of pace usually makes me come back to something else more fully. 

In which case do I have your blessing to run a mixed motorsport playlist next week for everyone?

Edited by Challenger001

1 hour ago, Challenger001 said:

Sorry to bother you about turning up then @JuniorChubb, I know how it is. A change of pace usually makes me come back to something else more fully. 

In which case do I have your blessing to run a mixed motorsport playlist next week for everyone?

That depends @Challenger001  What exactly happened to you last night? Because to the casual observer it looked like you had a couple of bad races, got a bit irritable about grid positions and then following an accident, left the session mid race and online in general without message or mention.  What I'm saying is it looked like you rage quit, which wouldn't be unprecedented behaviour. Now f you're rage quitting out of events that other people in your crew are hosting and not messaging afterwards to apologise or say why then I don't think you should be hosting events for that crew and I think you should be considering yourself lucky if you get asked back to events by those hosts you quit out on.  

It's the absolute height of rudeness and it's the kind of behaviour usually reserved for those who never host because once you've hosted events, even simple ones, you know how much effort it takes and how you never quite relax and how you want everyone to have fun and to just get on a have things play out the way you've imagined.  You however seem to be able to host one week then rage quit the next.  An exception to the rule perhaps.  

I was quite angry last night after you left but I gave you the benefit of the doubt because I'm not a complete c*nt and I usually like to avoid confrontation. However, now that I've logged on tonight to see no explanation of what happened last night when you left us all hanging mid race, no mystery power cut or internet woes, no acknowledgement about the evenings events to us or the host and instead to simply find you asking permission to host next week from one of the people who wasn't even there last night..... the anger came back.  You can probably tell.  So, you can host next week if you like but I won't be there.

I've got enough drama in my normal day as I'm sure we all do.  The reasons I like Wednesday nights is because they're an escape, somewhere I can leave all that behind, they are a drama free zone. I thought it was interesting when you were talking about excluding the other piston heads guys from joining and how 'theres not been a lot of problems' by them coming along on Wednesdays and I was thinking to my self that I wasn't aware that they'd caused any problems.  They've been great.  You on the other hand have brought drama.  On more than one occasion. From the the very first night you joined us to last night with a few peppered in-between.  With that comes an ongoing n*ggle in my mind that you may cause drama again.  When I had all the XBDX guys, the Piston Heads guys, the Vans guys and a couple of other wildcards in the mix for that 18 player playlist the other night you were the guy I was concerned about.  You were the one I was worried was going to cause problems.  You didn't of course, you were fine. The night almost went off without a hitch.  But then the very next week...... 

So I don't want you at any events I'm hosting from now on either.

I'm posting this in the VANS forum because I want other VANS members to see it.  I can't stop you from being in VANS, I can't stop you from hosting.  I just know I'm not coming to any of your events.  I run my events as Xero Gas, albeit often in the VANS time slot, so I'm not excluding you from coming to any VANS events either.  So right now it's just me and you having this disagreement.  I'm posting this here though so others can have an opinion whether they choose to express it or not.

I genuinely hope you find a crew more suited to you and what you want to do.  

I don't think VANS is that crew.

Dave

• Like 2

Hi @SkyeDave

I didn't realise me ragequitting last night was a big deal or needing an apology. I was, like you said, frustrated and angry and fighting my mental health issues and last night it wasn't working. So I quit when I realised I wasn't having fun, went and did something else to cool down. I didn't think Stapp would really care or mind, or anyone else for that matter - probably you all had more fun when I was gone anyway. But I can apologise if it does mean a lot to you and Stapp. 

I was simply posting kinda unrelated to last night. If I'm not enjoying a way an event is running then I leave and I don't mind if someone else does the same to my events. You called me out for disrupting an event when I wasn't enjoying it before, I figured this was the better way to do it. 

If you and Chubb would rather take it privately or even kick me out over this, I guess you guys are the bosses here. I was asking Chubb because I was aware he's the crew leader and I need his blessing to run events. I'm sorry I've made you feel this angry towards me. I have a lot of respect for you and how you run events. 

Edited by Challenger001

@Challenger001 You're saying you can apologise if required but then attempt to justify your actions.  So what's the point in an apology?

An online event is the same as a real life party.  We've all been to parties we don't enjoy and where we aren't having fun.

So do we try to ruin it for everyone else then kill the host and then start talking about how sh*t the party was to people the next day?  No.  That's why I pulled you up last time and it took a lot of pulling up.  You attempted to justify your actions at length that time around as well.

Do you leave the party without saying anything and then disappear off into the night like last night? No. We've all done this, had a mid party life crisis and left half way through but you message the host that night or the following day to apologise, explain, make up an excuse or whatever.

You don't just f*ck off and then try to throw another party of your own. 

Whatever mental health issues caused you to rage quit I can sympathise with and will not chastise you for.  You've already told me you struggle with serious racing events so I'm surprised you continue to sign up for them. However, the complete lack of remorse and the idea that you can just come and go and shouldn't need to apologise without being asked.  That's what I take umbrage with.  

I am not kicking you out of the crew. I can't do that. I am saying I don't want to be at your events and I don't want you at mine. If I want to play with people who are impolite,  kill the host, or rage quit then I'll join a public lobby.

I've just read through the transcript of the last time this happened and your attempts to justify it on PSN messages and it turns out I tried to tell you all this before, about respecting the host and how we like our Wednesdays drama free and you assured me it wouldn't happen again and now it has. With a couple of other times in-between too.

So maybe you should just f*ck off and throw another party of your own.

• Like 1