GTA event planning and ideas

JuniorChubb

1 minute ago, CatManDoza said:

How many do RON have? my sentibal classic looks s*xy AF in black RON livery

Ron have Sentinel Class, Retinue and the new Zorusso.  So you're in Super, Sports and Sports Classics and could do Sports Rally and Sports Classic Rally witout being horrendously handicapped.

This is awesome Dave... I can’t fully digest whilst at work but I’ll be back!

I may move this into its own thread too, it can be an open resource then.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

4 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

This is awesome Dave... I can’t fully digest whilst at work but I’ll be back!

I may move this into its own thread too, it can be an open resource then.

Yeah, go for it.  I've added a few more to my spreadsheet. I genuinely think there's enough Sponsors for 8 people to race over Supers, Sports, Sports Classics and then Sports Rally and Sports Classics Rally. I'm going go karting just now but I'll can post a new thing with more info in a new page if you want over the weekend.  It could be a returning event.  A lot of the brands even have baseball caps.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyeDave said:

Yeah, go for it.  I've added a few more to my spreadsheet. I genuinely think there's enough Sponsors for 8 people to race over Supers, Sports, Sports Classics and then Sports Rally and Sports Classics Rally. I'm going go karting just now but I'll can post a new thing with more info in a new page if you want over the weekend.  It could be a returning event.  A lot of the brands even have baseball caps.....

SkyDaves GTA livery library is on its way 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Guys... Christmas Quiz & Race. Tint is on the horizon, just wanted to check what Wednesday would give us the best turn out just in case people are going away for Christmas etc.

Wed 11th Dec or Wed 18th Dec?

On 11/29/2019 at 5:37 PM, JuniorChubb said:

Guys... Christmas Quiz & Race. Tint is on the horizon, just wanted to check what Wednesday would give us the best turn out just in case people are going away for Christmas etc.

Wed 11th Dec or Wed 18th Dec?

I thought Wednesday 11th was going to be Hyperdrive?  I think I'm ok with either.

I was wondering, after the success of the Moto GP which was part Chubbs organisation, part a bigger turnout because we opened it up to non crew, part the fact that it was bikes so we weren't spinning each other out too much and mostly (for me anyway) because we were all racing in teams with liveries.......

How do we feel about applying those same ingredients to an 80s Rally night?

The GB200, Omnis, Comet Safari, Tropos and Sentinel Classic would see the return of Redwood, Sprunk and Stronzo ( I can only assume that after Cerveza Barrachos dismal performance in the Moto GP they've pulled out of motorsport for the time being)  We'd also be able to have Dusche, Fukaru, Globe Oil, Ron, Air Herler and Arrow Gasoline available for these cars.  I'd suggest a mixture of rally stages, possibly some rally cross tracks and, dare I say it, non contact so we feel like we're racing against the clock as well as each other so we can have as many randoms as we like as long as they turn up in the right car.  For ease rather than trying to keep everyones time added up we could  just add up the points from the playlist results if it was easier.  People can stick with the same team they were with on the Moto GP or defect to a different one if they don't mind being called a try hard judas.

If it went well and everyone enjoyed it we could do a 70s rally night with the Retinue, Cheburek, Michelli etc and a modern one which would pit the Flash GT against the Issi Sport.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkyeDave said:

I thought Wednesday 11th was going to be Hyperdrive?  I think I'm ok with either.

I am clueless...

Looks like Christmas Quiz and Race Night will be on the 18th.

Love the Rally idea, as long as the cars are similarly matched consider it done. Something for the New Year sir?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I am clueless...

Looks like Christmas Quiz and Race Night will be on the 18th.

Love the Rally idea, as long as the cars are similarly matched consider it done. Something for the New Year sir?

Yeah, the Comet Safari and GB200 are faster but more prone to crashing but I think it’ll work out fun. Yeah, New Year, there aren’t enough Wednesdays otherwise.

6 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Yeah, the Comet Safari and GB200 are faster but more prone to crashing but I think it’ll work out fun. Yeah, New Year, there aren’t enough Wednesdays otherwise.

Let me cos consult the livery library... Two OP cars may be a bit much.

I’ll be back.

3 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Wednesday the 25th anyone? I've got nowt on......

Maybe... just maybe...

@SkyeDave GB200, Tropos, Omnis and Comet Safari are all quite close.

Sentinel Classic is quite a bit quicker but on par with the Comet Retro, that could be a great duo for a road based night.

2 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Maybe... just maybe...

Sentinel Classic is quite a bit quicker but on par with the Comet Retro, that could be a great duo for a road based night.

I'll do my usual jump on to get the xmas day bonus's but hen I'm stuck at the momster in laws all day and night then

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Just now, CatManDoza said:

I'll do my usual jump on to get the xmas day bonus's but hen I'm stuck at the momster in laws all day and night then

Outlaws for me too... only until about 3ish though.

Just now, JuniorChubb said:

Outlaws for me too... only until about 3ish though.

lucky g*t, I can feel a bout of sickness coming on already.......

• Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

1 minute ago, JuniorChubb said:

Maybe... just maybe...

Yeah but not on a rally track, it’s only rear wheel drive. If anything it’ll be the slowest. From past rally cross nights I think they’re all close  enough and the added variety of more cars and more drivers fitting a them will make it good. The Sentinel Classic, Comet Retro, Jester Classic (all with great livery options) is already on the drawing board  as part of the series but I didn’t want to bombard you.

30 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Yeah but not on a rally track, it’s only rear wheel drive. If anything it’ll be the slowest. From past rally cross nights I think they’re all close  enough and the added variety of more cars and more drivers fitting a them will make it good. The Sentinel Classic, Comet Retro, Jester Classic (all with great livery options) is already on the drawing board  as part of the series but I didn’t want to bombard you.

If they balance out as you say it will be cool to have more options, we have used similar cars in the past and they seemed to balance quite well. Some laps tracks should help as the linked results are all point to point races.

https://www.rockstarsocialclub.net/forums/topic/316-xero-3000-rally/?do=findComment&comment=2837

The only thing OP there was Stappen, apart from that they do seem quite well matched.

I'd omit the Safari if you have tracks with multiple straights. Top speed is the Safari's strength. But too many and it'll dominate.

Edited by Mark Verstappen
  • Like 1

@JuniorChubb I’m now a published creator! I built a gravel hill sprint track. I have a plan to include it in a race night. It took me ages to get it to work. I kept getting an invalid data message every time I launched it. I now understand the lengths you and @Mark Verstappen go to when you’re creating tracks and mine was a relatively simple one. Hill climb rally event coming your way in the new year. I’m still unemployed so I’m thinking about hosting some events on Wednesdays if you guys are ok with it? I’ve only ever done one, the Vice City night but I think that went alright.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

@JuniorChubb I’m now a published creator! I built a gravel hill sprint track. I have a plan to include it in a race night. It took me ages to get it to work. I kept getting an invalid data message every time I launched it. I now understand the lengths you and @Mark Verstappen go to when you’re creating tracks and mine was a relatively simple one. Hill climb rally event coming your way in the new year. I’m still unemployed so I’m thinking about hosting some events on Wednesdays if you guys are ok with it? I’ve only ever done one, the Vice City night but I think that went alright.

Always room for SkyDave 👍

The invalid data thing is sometimes due to the Job Trigger being to close to water, moving it to dry land if it happens again, usually sorts it. Apart from that it is a very rare issue so god knows how you got that warning.

I think this has been an issue since last year if land is too far below water of the trigger or something yes. I'm surprised now my Crevelsville Dragstrip works with the trigger being in the middle of the river. 😄

And what @JuniorChubb said. I always encourage people to host something so always room. 😀👍

• Like 1

It was the trigger being on the beach. Of course I didn’t find that til after I’d redone all the checkpoints just in case it was that....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1