GTA event planning and ideas

JuniorChubb

@CatManDoza, thought it might tickle your fancy 😉 

@SkyeDave using a player will work well as destructible props don’t respawn, However I would like to set it up so the players waiting get a good view of what is going on. We may have to sacrifice one spectator per lap.

@Trashbags posting pics on a forum... you legend! I have an idea for the boxes already, set it up like Simple Simon with a Red, Green, Blue and Yellow box. We then just call two random colours for the driver to follow, simples!

I won’t get into Creator until next week, I’ll get cracking and see what happens... Thunderbirds are go!

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

The head to head part was really good.but the course was quite short. You could do a whole course which was head to head which might make it more fun to watch and take part in rather than just one person at a time doing a time trial. There’s a round called forced perspective where it just gets narrower and narrower til it’s the width of the car. You could use slow down strips instead of cones and time penalty’s. The biggest conundrum will be whether to run sports or sports classics. What a shame we won’t get Futos vs Nebulas drifting round a course...

• Like 1

I was thinking Sports first, moving on to Muscle, Supers and Classics in the future.

I gotta get home and fire up Creator to test some ideas.

Also got to put together a list of the obstacles too...

Creating HyperDrive has begun...

Will more than likely run Two Qualifiers with similar and different obstacles. 

This also means I get to use my preferred location of the power station which will match the show well.

You will see Target Zone, Walk on Water, Thread the Needle, Forced Perspective, Supernova and a version of The Leveller.

Once the two Qualifiers have been run we will probably finish with a Head 2 Head knock out for the top four racers.

Thanks to @Trashbags for help with the ideas in Creator, feel free to join the stream and get involved. 👍

• Like 1

HyperDrive is looking good guys...

Any ideas on what class you would prefer? Sports look good due to all the livery options etc but Muscle maybe more authentic.

Round 1 is in progress but Round 2 has been completed. 

E6064208-2FD6-47ED-BBAA-5106B2DBFD59.jpeg

Target Turn

Spoiler

15175CD4-B118-453D-BFA7-F42D35392970.jpeg

Light Box

Spoiler

94F846F0-45BA-48F9-ACC6-B98F6109E08A.jpeg

Supernova

Spoiler

78D62C5A-A242-4774-9696-B9241541001D.jpeg

Walk on Water

Spoiler

5DA7158B-4D1A-4B64-B2CA-2053B09EDDD8.jpeg

Forced Perspective 

Spoiler

BA94ACAB-F198-45B7-813C-D2905884A53F.jpeg

Leveller 

Spoiler

8BB733DC-99FD-447C-9C05-D2B6A949BE1B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Those mean nothing to me yet

Oh they will Man of Cats... once you have been suckered into the hideous world of Hyrdrive!

8 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Oh they will Man of Cats... once you have been suckered into the hideous world of Hyrdrive!

Quite annoyed its not on my dodgy TV app. Could of watched it on the plane

• Sad 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

39 minutes ago, Mark Verstappen said:

I don't know what any of this means. But definitely Muscle.

No surprises there...

I think Muscle would be more fun, we could always run a ‘Euro’ version using Sports at a later date.

You should try and catch the show, Dave summed it up perfectly. A load of addictive crap 👍

I ain't got no Netflix. I already have too much to watch on YouTube. 🙄

Yeah. Or indeed if you want something more Euro/Sporty Sports or Sports Classics.

‘Throw Down The Gauntlet’ Gauntlet Classic Vs Redwood Gauntlet Vs Gauntlet Hellfire. A rare opportunity where three variants are all in the same class. One is good at corners, one is good in a straight line and the other one looks really pretty. Same car all night or rotate as we go. Stapp likes it cos it’s Muscles so we’ve got his vote.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

‘Throw Down The Gauntlet’ Gauntlet Classic Vs Redwood Gauntlet Vs Gauntlet Hellfire. A rare opportunity where three variants are all in the same class. One is good at corners, one is good in a straight line and the other one looks really pretty. Same car all night or rotate as we go. Stapp likes it cos it’s Muscles so we’ve got his vote.

G has already ‘claimed’ the first Hellfire night but this sounds great...

As soon as he is done this can be set up 👍

Would we split into teams and have the same car all night, Team Classic, Team BurgerShot and Team Hellfire?

If they are well balanced that could work well, otherwise mix and match.

3 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

G has already ‘claimed’ the first Hellfire night but this sounds great...

As soon as he is done this can be set up 👍

Would we split into teams and have the same car all night, Team Classic, Team BurgerShot and Team Hellfire?

If they are well balanced that could work well, otherwise mix and match.

The burgers got is a Stallion. You could have a Team Redwood though. Except all the Redwood Gauntkets are... well, they all have the Redwood Livery.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:01 PM, JuniorChubb said:

No surprises there...

I think Muscle would be more fun, we could always run a ‘Euro’ version using Sports at a later date.

You should try and catch the show, Dave summed it up perfectly. A load of addictive crap 👍

Oh My God this looks amazing.  Well done Chubb! It's a shame we can't mix classes.  The spirit of the show would have Futos, Jester Classics, Chebureks, Savestras and Retinues mixing it up with the Muscles as well as on Pegassi that was really fast in a straight line but couldn't do corners.  You gonna be able to do Manji alley or whatever it was called? I agree, muscle to start with, then Sports but someone has to go in the Drift Tampa to keep the feel.  Sports Classics shouldn't be overlooked either if we all love it as much as I do and want to do it a third time...

So are other players going to stand on those three hairpins as drift targets?  Obviously they should because thats authentic but also hilarious.

18 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

So are other players going to stand on those three hairpins as drift targets?  Obviously they should because thats authentic but also hilarious.

Mixing the classes is possible if I know well in advance want people want to use.

I am planning on a hefty role play element to this so we could be prepared enough for that to happen, if so we could get the kind of mix you are after...

Unfortunately there will only be human targets in one spot, near the start so people don’t have to run around to much. I have designed the layout so every obstacle can be seen from the spectator area so waiting won’t be boring. The commentators should help alleviate some boredom too.

Manji alley would mean 3 players stuck waiting for a car to hit the so I have ruled it out... I’ll keep it in mind though.

Also, sorry. Burgershot, Redwood... slip of the keyboard 😉

• 2 months later...

@Mark Verstappen and @JuniorChubb were asking about Xero Gas liveries and other companies with lots of liveries.  It occurs to me that out of fear of no one buying the Novak they've given it lots of pretty prominent liveries to complete people sets.  By my reckoning I need to buy about 4 of them.

Please add any that I've missed.  There's definitely some scope here for a 'Battle of the Brands'

Xero Gas has nine featured as of yesterday:

Lampadati Novak

Comet Retro Custom

Sentinel Classic

Retinue

Zorrusso

Lynx

Flash GT

Jester Classic

Rapid GT Classic

They're also a pretty prominent sponsor on some other liveries, like the Massacro, Itali GTO, Dune....

Redwood have 16:

Retinue

Elegy Retro Custom

Sultan RS

Redwood Gauntlet

Gauntlet Classic

Gauntlet Hellfire

Bati 801RR

Itali GB Custom

Comet Safari

Jugular

Riata

Omnis

S80RR

Hotring Sabre

Emerus

Zion Classic

Sprunk have 13 excluding planes:

Bati 801RR

Brios R/A

Sanchez

BF400

Sprunk Buffalo

Faction Custom Donk

Nero Custom

Tezeract

GB200

Hotring Sabre

Paragon R (armoured one too)

Issis Sport

Jugular

eCola have 5:

S80RR

Hotring Sabre

Michelli GT

Novak

Impaler

Stronzo Have 8:

Bati 801RR

Tropos Rallye

Retinue

Michelli GT

Toros

Itali GTO

Novak

Comet Safari (Although it's a rusty Strong livery)

Dusche Gold have 6:

Sentinel Classic

Retinue

S80RR

Zion Classic

Michelli GT

Rampant Rocket

Piswasser have 6:

p*sswasser Dominator

Comet Safari (clean and rusty)

Sentinel Classic

Flash GT

Zion Classic

Thrax

Burger Shot a lowly 3:

Stallion

Hotring Sabre

Lampadati Novak

Meinmacht have 8:

Visione

Tezeract

Comet Retro

Elegy Retro

Toros,

Novak

Freecrawler

Hotring Sabre

Globe Oil have :13

Tezeract

Thrax

Comet Retro

Rapid GT Classic

sw*nger

GB200

Comet Safari

Flash GT

Ellie

Deviant

Toros

Dune

Hotring Sabre

Edited by SkyeDave
Added Meinmacht and Globe Oil
  • Like 4

Meinmacht, I missed Meinmacht. They have some good ones. I’ll add them. I can feel a very complicated spreadsheet coming on with different classes, sponsors, broughy time tables, some brands being strong in some races but weaker in others, possibly a mid season transfer or two, a potential conglomerate of beer companies. It’s going to be glorious. Also, my work is quiet today, you may have noticed.

Edited by SkyeDave
I decided to elaborate.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Great work! What about the Globe Oil liveries? 🤔 not so many I think.

Good Shout Paulie.  I've added Globe oil to the list.  They have 13 believe it or not across quite a few classes.

2 hours ago, Mark Verstappen said:

Thanks @SkyeDave! this is exactly what i was looking for! Specifically a Redwood vs Xero thing I think would be good.

I've added Meinmacht and Globe Oil to the list.  As a lover of liveries I would wholeheartedly support this idea Stap.  There may be a chance to include more teams.  Globe Oil and Sprunk have numerous across the classes.

Super Class, Rally Class and Sports Class are represented by nearly all of these liveries.  My spreadsheet is taking shape.  There's a pretty good representation in Classic Sports too and  surprisingly between the Novak and the Toros the SUVs are quite well represented too. 

I need to figure out how to share a spreadsheet.