GTA event planning and ideas

JuniorChubb

13 minutes ago, Aslad said:

Yes, we could put a ban on aircraft and constrain the area to the city only. Assuming a two hour slot on a Wednesday or Saturday night gives plenty of time for it 🙂

FailRace allows one aircraft for the hunters (everyone else in cars), the aircraft  cannot have auto aim missiles as it will lock on to cars and make it to easy.

8 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

could do a slightly earlier start (7, 7.30) just to give enough time.' Or maybe 2 rounds

Get in as many rounds as we can, if the first player is caught quickly then on to the next...

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

25 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

FailRace allows one aircraft for the hunters (everyone else in cars), the aircraft  cannot have auto aim missiles as it will lock on to cars and make it to easy.

Get in as many rounds as we can, if the first player is caught quickly then on to the next...

I would be only to happy to be a helicopter pilot 😋

• Haha 1

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

38 pages of PM's with mafia sorted through and I finally found it:

Spoiler

Music sounds good, different font? no prob's I use it in my vids as its quite fun like the vids.

halloween event.

ORnXY5z.jpg

These are rough plans, would like your input in them to perfect them.

Van Society Halloween Event - Saturday 31st October 7:00pm

Meet up for a Hearse meet at the cemetary - Pretty self explanitory - Award for best hearse

Halloween "Fancy dress" competition - Award for best outfit

7:45 - 8:00 PM - Zombie Hunt - This basically depends on the co-operation of the other members in not cheating!

One Hunter, Everyone else Zombies.

We are using the whole map.

Zombies

• Civilian Land Vehicles only - No PV's/Pegasus/Air/Water vehicles
  • Can't Swim, Climb, or use weapons, hiding is the key - you are zombies, not humans!!
  • Have bounty on them so we know who's who
  • Once killed, joins hunters
  • Maps & Radar to be TURNED OFF

Hunter

• Access to everything except attack aircraft (hydra, savage, buzzard etc)
  • Radar on, else is would take all night
  • Gives zombies a head start of 2 minutes. Then prepare your an*s

Hopefully we can get 2 or 3 rounds of this done. So to start things off. I will be the first hunter. If you want to be considered for next hunter, please add YES next to your write in. If there is more than one I will pick at random, if no one says yes...... Well don't be so mean!!

And don't forget... PLEASE DONT CHEAT!!!

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

@Aslad you mentioned other crews yesterday IIRC...

This could be an option but you have to be careful because of the rules we need to follow. We need players we can trust so we know everyone will have their HUD off etc. 

I might be able to get on to do a little testing tomorrow night.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

@Aslad you mentioned other crews yesterday IIRC...

This could be an option but you have to be careful because of the rules we need to follow. We need players we can trust so we know everyone will have their HUD off etc. 

I might be able to get on to do a little testing tomorrow night.

I know, but for it to work it would probably need 8 people as an absolute minimum., but really 16 would be ideal (1 hunted + 15 hunters). I know you're friendly with some people from other crews who are relatively trustworthy, so it might be worth looking into?

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

30 minutes ago, Aslad said:

I know, but for it to work it would probably need 8 people as an absolute minimum., but really 16 would be ideal (1 hunted + 15 hunters). I know you're friendly with some people from other crews who are relatively trustworthy, so it might be worth looking into?

If I was hosting I wouldn’t bother.... keep it smaller and just have trusted players for the first run. We could muster 10 if the timing and format is right. We may end up with 10 this Wednesday.

If we get a format that works well, is easy to manage and fun then we could look at inviting other crews in the future.

However if you decide to host it would be your call, we would just post in the Events Thread and see who shows interest.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

If I was hosting I wouldn’t bother.... keep it smaller and just have trusted players for the first run. We could muster 10 if the timing and format is right. We may end up with 10 this Wednesday.

If we get a format that works well, is easy to manage and fun then we could look at inviting other crews in the future.

However if you decide to host it would be your call, we would just post in the Events Thread and see who shows interest.

I don't mind lol, it was just a thought 🙂

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

@Aslad we are looking good to go...

Post your plans here, we’ll tweak the plans if we need to, see what date is bes then go post in the public events forum. 👍

• Like 1

spacer.png

Welcome to Survive the Hunt, where the aim is to... well, survive the hunt 😛 

What is Survive The Hunt?

Essentially, Survive The Hunt (STH) is a freeroam game mode where one player is "hunted" by 8+ other players. There is no radar, HUD or name-tags in order to make this a bit more interesting. While there is no set tactic, the most popular and effective one is for the hunted player to "blend in" with the game AI - either on foot or in a car. This means obeying traffic laws, following the road at an AI-ish pace, stopping at traffic lights etc. The hunters can employ a similar tactic to attempt to locate and then ambush the hunted player. Communication is essential for the hunters to work effectively together. 

If you want to see this game mode in action, check out FailRace's YouTube series on STH.

Rules

• Radar, player names & the HUD must be turned off.
  • All players must stay within the city limits at all times. This is defined by the grey area on this map (in spoiler):
  • Spoiler
    • GTA5-Los-Santos-Full-Map.jpg?fit=1200,16
  • The inside of the airport fence perimeter and the docks/terminal area are also off-limits.
  • The hunted person has a two minute head-start on the hunters. 
  • Weapons may NOT be used whilst in a vehicle. They can only be used on foot. The idea behind this is that it makes chases a bit more interesting than just headshotting someone the second they're spotted.
  • Any type of explosive weapon is banned.
  •  One helicopter is allowed to be used by the hunters. It cannot use any weapons and must not have missiles (to stop cheating using missile lock).
  • Any type of weaponised or special vehicle is banned
  • The hunted player may not camp or hide inside buildings, underground areas or in car parks. They are allowed to briefly stop, but for no longer than a couple of minutes. This does not mean that they are not allowed to drive through road tunnels - they can, as long as they do not stay there for extended periods of time.
  • The hunted player should not be in a party or voice chat with the hunters.

Hopefully this will be a popular event. In order for it to work properly, at least 8 players will be needed. Preferably, 16 at most would be more fun. 

Thanks!

~Aslad

Edited by Aslad
  • Like 2

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Looks cool Salad, I’m hot lapping right now so will read fully in a bit...

The only thing that stands out after a skim read is numbe of players. I would go 8 minimum and 16 max. It is unlikely we hit 16 players but if we did it may mean we have more players we ‘dont know’ than players we do know. Just advice, your event, your call on that though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Looks cool Salad, I’m hot lapping right now so will read fully in a bit...

The only thing that stands out after a skim read is numbe of players. I would go 8 minimum and 16 max. It is unlikely we hit 16 players but if we did it may mean we have more players we ‘dont know’ than players we do know. Just advice, your event, your call on that though.

changed 🙂

• Like 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

When did you wanna go then @Aslad...

This Saturday we are racing FEAR, week after that maybe?

30th March? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

When did you wanna go then @Aslad...

This Saturday we are racing FEAR, week after that maybe?

30th March? 

sure 😄 

• Like 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

• 2 weeks later...

I have got an idea for something once Survive the Hunt has run...

VANS MVP

We just run a Saturday night Playlist with carefully selected land races, stunt races, air races, sea races, parachuting, DM’s, Adversary modes etc.

All for lols but winner of the playlist is officially the VANS MVP until the event gets run again. 

Vans members only, light hearted and fun, even a bit of combat as we are all crap at it.

Anyone up for something like this?

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

yeah man defo, something a bit different wouldn't hurt once in a while

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

yeah man defo, something a bit different wouldn't hurt once in a while

Could be a good laugh, if anyone else show interest I’ll get the ball rolling...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Great idea! If it's gonna take place on a wednesday that is! 😆😅

Paulie you are making me feel guilty now...

There is an unspoken rule of ‘cars only’ for Wednesday’s so we would look for a Saturday or maybe Friday to run this.

However with no time restrictions we should be able to pick a Parrot friendy time for you 😉 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Paulie you are making me feel guilty now...

There is an unspoken rule of ‘cars only’ for Wednesday’s so we would look for a Saturday or maybe Friday to run this.

However with no time restrictions we should be able to pick a Parrot friendy time for you 😉 

Lols don't want to make you feel like that but of course, forgot the 'cars only' thingy for wednesdays, should've know that 😅 but no worries @JuniorChubb don't mind me time wise. If I can make it i'll be there for sure and I am flattered but no need to adjust things for the Parrot times 😉

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks to @Trashbags and @SkyeDave the HyperDrive thing is in my head now and I have a few ideas on how to translate it to GTA.

This leaves a few questions though...

Would anyone be up for sitting out and being a commentator with me if we have enough players? 6 drivers and two commentators for example.

Who is up for taking it a bit further than usual? So when we sign up we Roleplay a little with us giving our characters a nationality and maybe a fact or two about them or a whole backstory to go along with the commentary.

I am familiar with Episode 1, do the other episodes have different obstacles? If so we can maybe split the events over a series of events, say 3 episodes per event maybe with each driver sticking to the same car for each event/episode.

Any other ideas, add them below...

Mmmm chubb, you're making me excited, I'm sure an Essex boy, black country commentary team would be a youtube phenomenon. I cNt fi d hyperdrive on shoebox, so I'll have to check it out when I get home 

• Like 1

There are other obstacles as the event progresses so it’s worth watching the whole series, or at least a bit more of it. There’s head to heads for the knockouts too which would be a really cool and relatively easy thing to set up with your skills. I think a few trial runs of a few different events so you can tweak them before throwing it up to the full commentary full twitch or whatever would be important. I also think using people as the cones you have to hit is absolute genius. 

• Like 2

getting excited now i knew @JuniorChubb couldnt resist 

even if you watch the last episode chubb i think all challenges are in that episode and also agree with the hit the dancing player idea with the rear half of the car only though i think 

theres the one where they slide down 2 pipe on the chassis

spacer.png

there is the pendulem target thing they had to hit and miss the targets 

spacer.png

also the donuting in specific boxesspacer.png

they layout 3 containers in a triangle shape so u go through 1 spin the car over 360degrees go in the next one x3

will have a look at last episode to remember the others