Football Manager 2019

DavidCore89

Anyone here play this?

I've been playing since the late 90's, since the Championship Manager days.

I enjoy putting a few hours in here and there, working on tactics and finding future stars.

Used to play in some online leagues, but these days it's just single player.

Feel free to discuss, give tips, post tactics or screenshots!

Unfortunately FM2019 does not work well on my PC... event though its an i7 with 6GB Ram, it is just too old for it, I guess.

I have been playing it since I can remember (CM 94/95 I think).

Nowadays I still play on FM2017 (the best one that still works rather well on my pc).

I am getting a bit tired of winning the champions league with Benfica though... :D

2 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Unfortunately FM2019 does not work well on my PC... event though its an i7 with 6GB Ram, it is just too old for it, I guess.

I have been playing it since I can remember (CM 94/95 I think).

Nowadays I still play on FM2017 (the best one that still works rather well on my pc).

I am getting a bit tired of winning the champions league with Benfica though... :D

I can run it on a laptop, think it has an i3 and 4gb RAM, but the match engine is sluggish.

Works fine on my PC though.

It does get a bit boring when you're winning everything :)

The difference between 17 and 19 transfer fees and wages is crazy!

Really? Cos they do pay me a lot of money for my players in 17... i have like 600M to spare in players and 2M in wages!! And my top player wins like 370k€ a month... 

I am starting a career with a bottom 2nd div team right now (cova da piedade). Lets see where it land me. And I don’t use editor nor FMscout and neither do I ever repeat a game. I try to play as realistic as possible. 

Love FM.  Started a game with the lowest everything, unemployed, got hired by Gallivare Malmbergets in the lowest Swedish league. Got promoted in the second season, relegated in the third and quit.  Currently with Drogheda Utd in Ireland.  Halfway through the first season and mid-table at the minute.

4 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Really? Cos they do pay me a lot of money for my players in 17... i have like 600M to spare in players and 2M in wages!! And my top player wins like 370k€ a month... 

I have 3 players on £350K a week, around 3.5M per week for the whole squad.

Even backup players can be on over 100K a week, which is madness IMO.

600M is a huge transfer budget!

2 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Love FM.  Started a game with the lowest everything, unemployed, got hired by Gallivare Malmbergets in the lowest Swedish league. Got promoted in the second season, relegated in the third and quit.  Currently with Drogheda Utd in Ireland.  Halfway through the first season and mid-table at the minute.

Sounds like a really fun save you have there, I might try something similar.

Here's a 4231 tactic that I've been working on: https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/791000/4-2-3-1 Wide - DC.fmf

I haven't tested it properly with lower league teams, but I've won a lot of trophies in 3 seasons at Man United including 2 league titles and 1 European cup.

Unlike a lot of tactics available on forums, it doesn't rely solely on exploiting set-pieces, they're left as default. The aim is to dominate possession and restrict the opposition to few chances on goal, I think it does that quite well. It's slightly vulnerable to very direct play, but I think any possession based tactic will be, same as IRL. I think with lower quality players, the tactic will be less effective.

I don't use any opposition instructions.

Might not work as plug and play, best to have at least a pre-season to get familiar with it.

Playing in the dregs of the lower leagues I’ve mainly been using the good old 442 because no one knows what the fuck a mezalla is.

I’ll occasionally go 4312 with three MC, a BBM, BWM and straight up CM, with an advanced playmaker behind a pressing forward and a poacher, but that’s for games where I consider myself favourite and want to play more attacking.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

Just finished my first season at Drogheda United, so thought I'd give you guys an update on how the career's going so far.

I started with 76 leagues in 30 countries loaded while I was unemployed with a sunday league footballer reputation and low stats.  Pretty shit.  It took me a couple of months, but I was eventually hired by Gallivare Malmbergets FF in the Swedish Second Division North.  Since their seasons start early in the year, but the game starts at the start of English pre-season, they were almost halfway through the season and hadn't yet won a match when I arrived.  Here's the end of season table.

2jZN9z0.png

Managed to just stay up by winning the relegation playoff!  I spent the off season rebuilding the entire team and the results were pretty good.  Here's the end of season table for year two.

0FfXHUF.png

Champions on goal difference!  This was way above expectations, media prediction at the start of the season was a 12th place finish, so very happy with that.  The challenge now was staying up, so again, more team rebuilding.  Got rid of a lot of players and started training a more defensive tactic, having been playing quite offensively for most of this season.

Here's the table from year three.

ltHxKH4.png

It didn't go well.  Bottom of the table, 19 losses out of 30 games.  I was pretty ashamed about this one, and also lost the confidence of both the players and the board, so I decided to step down before I was fired.  That looks better on the cv.  

Spent another three months in the game job hunting and was finally approached by Drogheda United in the Irish First Division.  They were another semi-professional team, like Gallivare, which I was hoping to get away from, but a job's a job, so I tool the offer.  We were predicted to finish 5th, just outside the promotion playoff places, so I was confident I could do a decent job.  They were certainly  a much better team than Gallivare.

Here's the table from my first year in Ireland.

Oyy5t0C.png

Champions again!  It was a close season, as you can see, trading places with Bray Wanders for the last half of the season, clinching it on the final day with a 0-0 against Longford while Bray lost their game against Wexford.  

And this is where I'm up to currently.  Going to have to prepare for next season, hopefully can do a better job than when I was at Gallivare and avoid relegation.  Or at least not finish bottom of the heap.

Here's my profile, the stats were lower four seasons ago, and I actually have a coaching licence now.  Two championships with two different clubs in two different countries is a pretty good start to my career, and I can also speak fluent Swedish now, which is always a bonus.  I can chat to @Lann in his native tongue now :D 

XFcxKl1.png

And a closer look at my stats

Igr0nkU.png

Predictions for the new season?  Am I staying up or going back straight away?  Be honest, I can take it :D

Well, that really depends on what you have to work with....

I started this season with Cova da Piedade in the Portuguese 2nd division (recently Promoted from the Portuguese 3rd Divison) and in which the only player with 1st league experience was an almost 40y old attacking midfielder that was, at his prime, was first pick in a middle of the table first league team.

I sold 11 of them and hired 15 free agents (divided by both transfer seasons).  I have 25 games, 12 wins, and 10 draws in the championship and am 1st by 1 point...

BUT, I am broke and half the team is ending its contract, so, if I don´t get promoted and sell a couple of my most valuable players well, I am going to be sacked for sure... :D

• Like 1

Just wrapped up my first season in the Irish Premier League with Drogheda United.  Had a pretty rough start but some good form in the middle of the season helped us get to a mid table finish.  

peCmbdf.png

We also won the Irish League cup, beating Dundalk 1-0 in an absolutely awful final.

d8fmCYp.png

Our veteran ever-present goalie, Paul Skinner won GK of the season, for the second season running.

In other news, Portugal beat Spain in the final of the 2022 World Cup.

J77LAXg.png

Exciting news!

Halfway through my second season in the Irish Premier Division with The Drogs I got a surprise job offer with a club in Uruguay.  Things were going well with Drogheda, but they were almost a million in the red and were not going to finance more coaching qualifications for me anytime soon.  The club who offered me an interview was only a hundred grand in debt, so seemed like the better choice, after looking at things like squad, reserves and staff etc as well, so I took it.

Here's the state I left Drogheda United.

K8TsrQr.png

Third in the league almost halfway through the season, I've made some decent signings both for the first team and youngsters for a few years time, and I kept a tight control on the wage budget, leaving plenty left for the next gaffer.  I'm certainly leaving it in a better state than when I joined, and I'm much prouder with the job I've done here than at Gallivare, winning a manager of the year award as well as the league and cup titles.

So without further ado, here's my new team, Playing in the Uruguayan Second Professional Division, Club Atletico Rentistas.

rkulFUw.png

I've not played any games yet, and 11th out of 14 isn't that great, but looking at the team I think I can get a solid mid table finish this first season, then see what kind of budget I can get to put my stamp on the team.

Will be back at the end of my first season in Uruguay.

On 4/1/2019 at 6:46 PM, Spinnaker1981 said:

I am starting a career with a bottom 2nd div team right now (cova da piedade). Lets see where it land me. And I don’t use editor nor FMscout and neither do I ever repeat a game. I try to play as realistic as possible. 

How's this save going dude?

1 game away from ending the 1st season, I am in first, with 1 point advantage to 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and 2 points from 5th to 9th.... so it can go well or bad. I am playing the 9th, away.... 

22 teams in the 2nd division so its not bad, 

• Like 1

And I have won. 3-1 Against a hard opponent that almost gave me a heart attack, but we succeeded and we are the champions of the Pt Second League with 70 points in 42 games (hardly a record, but who cares...), and only 16 points above relegation spots!! A very, very hard league. 

Now, even though I know there is interest in my acquisition (Middlesbrough and Parma! Not too shabby), I want to see what I can do here in 1st League. As long as I can not be relegated I will be happy, but it will be hard. I need a LOT of players, I have most of the team leaving because I cannot afford the wages they want and their contract is coming to an end, and what is left is not much... I need players... :P

• Like 1

So my first season in Uruguay didn't go too well.

n0nVC1x.png

I think this was due to the abysmal relationship I had with the players, they really hated me.  My league finish (yeah, they let me finish the season first) was 11th, so I didn't improve the team, but I didn't make them any shittier either, and I didn't get them relegated.

3MFIfCE.png

But, yeah, not a very successful 184 days, but I'm determined to make it my only sacking of the save.

Only spent about a month without a job before being hired by Bollklubben Forward in the Swedish First Division North.  So back to Sweden, so I already know the language, but this time I'm in a higher league with a better club.  This will redeem both the relegation with Gallivare when I first left Sweden, and the shit time I had with Rentistas.

5dAt5gC.png

I've played four games so far and haven't lost yet.  Media prediction is a 6th place finish, but I think we can challenge for promotion at the end of the season.  But I also thought I would have a good time at Rentistas, so what do I know?

Quick update on my profile and stats.

yTZPd1K.png

I'm still on the same coaching licence but I now know basic Spanish thanks to my short stay in Uruguay.  My stats are slowly improving, but I'm surprised my adaptability has remained at 2 despite all the globetrotting I do.  Obviously I won no trophies with Rentistas, the first club I failed to win anything with, so that's a bit of a blemish on my trophy cabinet.

KHgpfAg.png

I'm just about winning more games than I'm losing, and scoring more than I'm conceding, so not looking too bad.

Will return at the end of the season, if I don't get fired first.

• 3 weeks later...

So my first season at BK Forward dropped off drastically about halfway through the season, and we just about avoided getting relegated.

oZ9ZJbQ.png

A big restructuring was needed for the next season, and it produced results.

KYWC6d6.png

We were champions with six games to go, had an amazing run of 19 games undefeated, and I was named manager of the year.

YVCaerX.png

At the end of the season I was also selected to manage the Rookie All Star North team, in a match against the southern equivalent.  I'm just going to assume it's a huge honour. 

XWrdvSN.png

The match was a bit crap, and we really didn't deserve to win.  But we did, and it's another trophy for the cabinet.

D71Ddft.png

Now, all of my focus is on survival in the Swedish First Division Elite.  

6 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Your avatar is brilliant :lol:

It's the closest I could get to my GTA character :D 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...