Where in the world have you been?

Squirrel

After some shoutbox discussions of seeing where people have been to I thought I’d create a thread where we can share where we’ve been. 

https://map1.maploco.com/visited-countries/

This site doesn’t seem too bad in terms of ads and you can get a screenshot of the world map showing how far you’ve travelled. 

I definitely need to get out of Europe!

8mdJ5QL.png

• Like 1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• djw180

• LimeGreenLegend

• zztop911

Top Posters In This Topic

DLUjiii.png

10 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I definitely need to get out of Europe!

I wouldn't have been surprised if you'd never been out of Yorkshire!

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, djw180 said:

DLUjiii.pngI wouldn't have been surprised if you'd never been out of Yorkshire!

I’m actually quite cultured! I may not have travelled far physically but I’ve experienced people of many different cultures. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I've not been out of the United States. To  much here left to see but if/when I do venture out it'll likely be to England/Scotland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1 hour ago, AlCohonez said:

haven't added yet but I'm going to Dubai next week with work :)

I’ve got a couple of new places to visit this year as well. Will update after my travels. 

12 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Added the US cause I've been to Alaska for a short afternoon when I was in Yukon, Canada :D 

I wasn’t sure if I should add Bosnia. I  crossed the border into it a few times while I was on a train and then there’s a funny bit on the coast where Bosnia has a tiny strip of land splitting Croatia in two. 

m674iyfkzk-b3z4ru2mf4-b3ajtx5la8-b33v45c

Never been outside Europe. Could have been to the U.S. but 18-year-old me felt like he was too old to vacation with the family plus he and his friends would soon have enough money to go over there anyways. What a knob that guy was...

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Potato said:

Added Italy because I skiied into it for a couple of hours.

I’m now wondering what’s the shortest time anyone has spent in a single country. 

16 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I’m now wondering what’s the shortest time anyone has spent in a single country. 

Like @Fido_le_muet I have only been to US for a short time from Canada. I was in Niagara Falls Ontario and so went over the bridge to Niagara Falls New York for lunch.

I have a vague recollection of passing through Luxembourg on the way to somewhere else whilst on either a school trip to the Netherlands or with family going to somewhere in Germany. If that's right then I don't think the coach even stopped, so would that count anyway?

Edited by djw180

10 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I drove to Spa for the f1 and was in the Netherlands for less than a minute. Didn't even know I was there, got 2 text messages from EE within a minute. One saying welcome to the Netherlands, and another for Belgium. I have been to Amsterdam on a separate occasion though.

7 minutes ago, Potato said:

I drove to Spa for the f1 and was in the Netherlands for less than a minute. Didn't even know I was there, got 2 text messages from EE within a minute. One saying welcome to the Netherlands, and another for Belgium. I have been to Amsterdam on a separate occasion though.

I think if your network coverage changes country then that counts as a border crossing. I’m going to try find out how short the train line trip into Bosnia was, don’t think I can beat a minute though! 

Edit

I did the maths. The train crossed into Bosnia for 6km. Average speed of the train is 70kmh so I was in Bosnia for just over 5 minutes. Long enough for a network change but no where near as short as @Potato 

Edited by Squirrel

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

I think if your network coverage changes country then that counts as a border crossing. I’m going to try find out how short the train line trip into Bosnia was, don’t think I can beat a minute though! 

In that case I made a trip to Turkey for 0s because we were on holiday in Rhodes (Greek island, very close to Turkish mainland) but the phone network kept saying we were in Turkey.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

In that case I made a trip to Turkey for 0s because we were on holiday in Rhodes (Greek island, very close to Turkish mainland) but the phone network kept saying we were in Turkey.

Same thing happened when I was in Lesvos. Definitely counting Turkey now!

Edited by Banketelli

On 2/25/2019 at 8:00 PM, Pb76 said:

Only England, Scotland, France, Spain, USA and Yorkshire for me

One of those places seems vastly superior compared to the others. 

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1