RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

13 minutes ago, Con said:

Horror

....con’s gonna need something normal after watching a musical. ?

Well, I went a bit to that area... I was thinking in Alien/2001/The Sphere sort of moveis when I chose but I guess the actual name for the genre would be Space thrillers...

I would rather have a pre-2000 movie, but if the genre is all we can choose, than its: Space thrillers.

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

I would rather have a pre-2000 movie, but if the genre is all we can choose, than its: Space thrillers.

Yeah we can’t limit the release years so we can only hope people don’t submit films from the 1930’s which may be hard to find and unless it was something amazing, I don’t see anyone trolling like that in the club. 

11 minutes ago, Con said:

Yeah we can’t limit the release years so we can only hope people don’t submit films from the 1930’s which may be hard to find and unless it was something amazing, I don’t see anyone trolling like that in the club. 

Well, I was thinking about submitting "the General" in the near future... ( "the greatest comedy ever made, the greatest Civil War film ever made, and perhaps the greatest film ever made"). Oh well... :D

P.S.- It is available on YouTube so a 1926 movie is easier to access, apparently, than most modern movies...

)

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Like 1

To me Space film is quite large. I'm thinking Gravity, Europa Report, Moon, Apollo 13, Interstellar, 2001, The Martian, Star Wars, Star Trek... 

Maybe it's too large ? Sci-Fi can be a lot of other stuff, not necessarily related to space. Hence why I focused on space.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

To me Space film is quite large. I'm thinking Gravity, Europa Report, Moon, Apollo 13, Interstellar, 2001, The Martian, Star Wars, Star Trek... 

Maybe it's too large ? Sci-Fi can be a lot of other stuff, not necessarily related to space. Hence why I focused on space.

Agree. I have no issues with any genre definitions being presented. I will say,  keep in mind we have been going by what Wikipedia considers the films. And honestly this is about having fun so as long as we don’t stray too far off the mark it should be fine. What I have been doing is choosing a film I would love all of us to watch, looking to see what genre or description Wikipedia gives it and then choose that genre for submission. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

P.S.- It is available on YouTube so a 1926 movie is easier to access, apparently, than most modern movies...

)

I have no issues watching that. Maybe we can have a special side viewing of it. I mean, 30 days to watch 2 films isn’t asking too much, I don’t think. 

• Like 2

Space film and space thriller and pretty similar with a lot of overlap, so maybe you can submit them different months?  As for the year thing, I don't mind someone picking a range of years as long as it's long enough, so ten years minimum.  That way we could have a 70s horror film, lots of choice, but not a 1975 horror film, lots less choice.

To me, it's all about having lots of choice and also being easily accessible.

• Like 1

That is why i just said pre-2000.  Besides, the point is watching movies we haven’t watched 1 hundredtimes before. I don’t think anyone will nominate, for example, home alone.... 

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 6:26 PM, Con said:

I have no issues watching that. Maybe we can have a special side viewing of it. I mean, 30 days to watch 2 films isn’t asking too much, I don’t think. 

Side viewing this one? I am on to that, haven´t watched this movie in 20 years or something like that, but I remember it was one of my favourite movies at one point!

Here it is, with sound (the other I posted is muted, for me at least...).

Edited by Spinnaker1981

So far we have 

British Films

Space focused sci-fi

Horror/thriller focused sci-fi

and horror.

I’m happy for @Conto spin the wheel, don’t think we’ll get any more suggestions.

• Like 3

Great pick Lime. Haven't seen it but the pitch looks cool.

I hesitate between 2-3 movies : Children of Men, Equilibrium and Source Code. Haven't seen the last one. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind watching Children of Men again. One of the greatest film of all time IMO. 

Can we nominate 2 movies since we're few to vote ? 

5 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I wouldn't mind watching Children of Men again. One of the greatest film of all time IMO. 

Can we nominate 2 movies since we're few to vote ? 

Sure :) I always like more choice 

In that case I’ll nominate Sunshine and 12 Monkeys 

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Sure :) I always like more choice 

In that case I’ll nominate Sunshine and 12 Monkeys 

Almost nominated 12 Monkeys but saw it multiple times. Great movie as well. 

Loving the choices so far ! 

I nominate Source Code and Children of Men

• Like 2