RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

I know we can only nominate one film. However I’d like to mention this somewhat hidden gem. IMO, an underrated action/spy flick along the lines of Jason Bourne. Sam is great in it  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

I know we can only nominate one film. However I’d like to mention this somewhat hidden gem. IMO, an underrated action/spy flick along the lines of Jason Bourne. Sam is great in it  🙂

That was on my shortlist as well, along with Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. I've only seen it once, on TV I think so not quite when it came out, but I do remember it being very good.

• Like 1

sorry for the lateness of this post.  anyways, I threw The Long Kiss Goodnight into the hat, as I haven't seen that either, and lo and behold it won!

won't be able to put up a seperate thread for it just now, but will get on it later and it will be up by the end of the day 🙂 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The site is back and so is the film club!  It's the Oscars on Sunday, so our picks will be the winner of a specific category.  So far we've covered best picture (The French Connection), best actor in a leading role (Judgment at Nuremberg) and best director (Parasite). 

Since we missed a month what with the site being down I propose we have a double bill that covers March and April and round out the big five awards by nominating the winning films for best actress in a leading role and best screenplay (original or adapted).

For my best actress nomination I'm going with Cabaret (1972) which was won by Liza Minnelli.

For screenplay I'm going with the legendary Citizen Kane (1941) written by Orson Welles and Herman J. Mankiewicz.

I'll pick the winners on Monday 🙂 

orson welles film GIF

• Like 2

I’d like to nominate Francis McDormand for Fargo 1997. 🙂
And how about Joel and Ethan Coen for best screenplay Fargo 1997? 😏

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

I’d like to nominate Francis McDormand for Fargo 1997. 🙂
And how about Joel and Ethan Coen for best screenplay Fargo 1997? 😏

I thing someone really wants to watch Fargo Frances Mcdormand Smiling GIF by Maudit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@omarcomin71you can stop nominating Fargo every month now 😛 

Winning films for March/April are Fargo (Best Actress) and Citizen Kane (Best Screenplay).

🙂  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@omarcomin71you can stop nominating Fargo every month now 😛 

Winning films for March/April are Fargo (Best Actress) and Citizen Kane (Best Screenplay).

🙂  

It fits so many categories. 😀

On 3/29/2022 at 1:15 PM, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Conyou nominating anything this month?  I'll wait off picking the winners until you do 🙂 

Sorry about going missing, buddy. I'm back. Didnt realize the site was back up and I haven't had time to game. Havent turned the PS4 in weeks either. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Con said:

Sorry about going missing, buddy. I'm back. Didnt realize the site was back up and I haven't had time to game. Havent turned the PS4 in weeks either. 

No worries man, glad to hear from you again, been missing your movie reviews!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

No worries man, glad to hear from you again, been missing your movie reviews!

I know, I suck. Gotta get my mojo back. I've been trying to watch Belfast the Best Original Screenplay winner for a week now. Can't watch it tonight cause I have to watch UConn women tonight. And I haven't had anyone to discuss the Will Smith thing. Just wow.

I could not believe what I was watching. At first, i thought it was gonna be Will just going up to Rock and pretending to give him a right hook. Because, I saw Will laugh immediately after the joke. Jada was in the shot and she immediately showed her displeasure. It was one of the most confusing things I had ever seen. And then to watch him win and give a speech about how God is giving him a mission to spread love and protect.....wtf. I almost puked. What the academy should have done was given the Oscar to the guy who came in 2nd place. They had plenty of time to create a fake ballot. I know, if i found out today, that Will had originally won but the winner was changed after he assaulted Chris, I would not be mad. 

• Like 1

yeah the Will Smith thing was just the worst thing he could have done, and now he's resigned from the academy because of it, making his chances of even getting nominated in the future very slim which means he won't get the kind of roles he's used to getting.  all deserved of course, and now Chris Rock is gonna sell out his next tour and sell the rights of the special to Netflix for beaucoup bucks.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Time for a new film! I think this month we’ll have an open choice, nominate anything you want!  Winner will be chosen on Sunday.

My choice will be the musical Annette from last year.

Adam Driver Problem GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Like 2

Old Henry 

2021 western staring Tim Blake Nelson. Great acting a long with a very cool story.  Personally one of the better movies I’ve seen in quite a while. 

C5566E5F-DDE1-4214-B657-0472D8E73713.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's time for genre nominations for June, and I'm going with something @djw180has nominated before, films in a language that we haven't yet covered (so no English, French, Korean, Norwegian, Japanese, or Italian language films).

Winner will be picked on Saturday 🙂 

• Like 2