Jump to content
LimeGreenLegend

RSC Film Club

Recommended Posts

djw180
29 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

How do you sort out solo artists when they do work away from their main group? Do you put Phil Collins next to Genesis or before Queen? 

In the unlikely event I find a Phil Collins CD in my collection I would put it in the bin.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fido_le_muet

Phil Collins goes in the P or C and when he's with Genesis he goes in the G of course. 

Same with George Michael under G or M and under W when recording as Wham! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Con
4 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

Phil Collins would be under Collins, Phil. 

That's the only sensible way of doing that.

So glad I didn’t collect albums too. 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend

@Con you able to spin that thing sometime today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Con
1 minute ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Con you able to spin that thing sometime today?

Yeah I’m just real busy at the moment. You can do what we did last month. You spin genre and I’ll do the movie. Right now I don’t think I’ll be able to spin the wheel for about 3-4 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
Just now, Con said:

You spin genre and I’ll do the movie.

You wanna make this the usual thing from now on?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Con
13 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

You wanna make this the usual thing from now on?

Sure.
in fact, I have no issues handing the entire spinning operation over to you if you want it. I won’t feel bad if I no longer get to spin the wheel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
7 minutes ago, Con said:

Sure.
in fact, I have no issues handing the entire spinning operation over to you if you want it. I won’t feel bad if I no longer get to spin the wheel. 

I still want you involved dude 🙂 

Here's this month's winning genre...

A6uxGCx.jpg

I'll kick off the film nominations by picking...

Akira Kurosawa's Ran (1985)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

Is there any definition on what a war film is? It’s such a huge genre and the amount of films this could include is astronomical. I could even nominate Transformers The Movie again (which I won’t) as it is a film about a war between two factions. 
 

Should we be nominating a particular era or type of film? Should be be choosing historical or fictional conflicts? Starship Troopers for example is a fantastic war film which parodies a lot of real life propaganda and recruitment but it’s presented in a science fiction setting in a war vs aliens. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Is there any definition on what a war film is? It’s such a huge genre and the amount of films this could include is astronomical. I could even nominate Transformers The Movie again (which I won’t) as it is a film about a war between two factions. 
 

Should we be nominating a particular era or type of film? Should be be choosing historical or fictional conflicts? Starship Troopers for example is a fantastic war film which parodies a lot of real life propaganda and recruitment but it’s presented in a science fiction setting in a war vs aliens. 

War is war.  Historical or fictional.  Sci-fi or musical (yes there are musical war films).  Let's not get bogged down in the specifics.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend

@Lann any films you do want to nominate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarcomin71
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

War is war.  Historical or fictional.  Sci-fi or musical (yes there are musical war films).  Let's not get bogged down in the specifics.

In that case I’ll nominate Battle: Los Angeles.  
For a cheesy action film this was pretty good in my opinion. (at least from what I remember it’s been a while 🙂 )
 

C6421B66-04CC-40BE-BA6C-DC2EBE4C12A1.jpeg

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
Posted (edited)

May nominations so far:

Ran

The Longest Day

Max Manus: Man of War

Battle: Los Angeles

A Bridge too Far (x2)

Dunkirk

Caterpillar

Stalingrad

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
2 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

b*stard! That was my choice lol

I can't decide between 3, I'm gonna go foooooooooor a bridge too far. 

 

The Longest Day and A Bridge too Far are both based on books by the same author, and both films star Sean Connery.  Both are also excellent.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djw180
Posted (edited)

It has to be A Bridge Too Far from me as well - for me one of the greatest films ever made.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djw180
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

The Longest Day and A Bridge too Far are both based on books by the same author, and both films star Sean Connery.  Both are also excellent.

I never knew Cornelius Ryan wrote the book for The Longest Day as well. I may have get it. I've read his The Bridge Too Far book a couple of times.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
1 minute ago, djw180 said:

I never know Cornelius Ryan wrote the book for that as well. I may have get it. I read his The Bridge Too Far book a couple of times.

He has another famous WW2 book called The Last Battle, about the battle of Berlin.  I don't think that's been made into a film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

I do love a Bridge Too Far. Could definitely watch that again. 
 

I won’t add a third nomination for it though. I’m going to go for a film that does have personal meaning to myself as my Grandad was one of those involved in the actual battle the film commemorates.

Christopher Nolans Dunkirk. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...