Ace Combat 7

JustHatched

Release date is January 18, I'm gonna be real torn between this and RDRO. I dunno if anyone besides me plan on getting but if "squadrons" are able to be formed then there will likely be an XDBX fighter wing.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

If it ends up being a real good game, I'll probably eventually get it. Thought about getting one of these Ace Combat games for years, but seems from reviews they've never really been that great so far. If this ends up being brilliant then I'll give it a shot. Expecting some gameplay from ya when the time comes, @Hatch.

2 hours ago, Protocawl said:

Expecting some gameplay from ya when the time comes, @Hatch.

I'll post some epic videos cuz I'm

the-best-there-is-the-best-mhere-ever-wi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be picking this up later today. Reviews say is looks good but the story isnt very good.

9 minutes ago, Hatch said:

I'll be picking this up later today. Reviews say is looks good but the story isnt very good.

Let me know how the vr mode is. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Let me know how the vr mode is. 

I read there is only 3 VR missions, I did 1 of those so far and not having used my VR for awhile really messed with my stomach, but it is friggin awesome, best VR I have seen so far. SO if you are only interested for the VR aspect then I would say wait for the price to drop, but if the rest of the game interests you then get it.

Video >> (Landing on a carrier at the end of the video is rather tricky)

I am 4 campaign missions in, it's ok, other than superb graphics the over gameplay is little different then any of the previous Ace Combats, the story is a bit hard to follow cuz it bounces around some but it's alright. The variety and look of the planes is pretty sweet.

I played alot of online deathmatches and battle royales, online combat is tough but fun. Plane setup has alot to do with how well you do against equal or better pilots. There is a point system for setup, if there is a 2000 point limit on the match (however the host sets it) each airframe has a certain amount of points (1550 to 1850 is what I have access to so far) and then you can put 8 addons to the airframe such as increased speed, better turn rates, faster MG fire, longer missle lock on range, etc..) and each of those have tiers from 1 to 3 and each have their own point cost as long as you don't go over the 2000 limit (there are higher limit matches but I stuck to the 2000 or less for now). I found I had the best matches in an F4 which is the lowest airframe cuz it is slower, less mobile plane compared to say an F15. But I loaded it up with missle enhancements and was able to out shoot rather than outfly most of the competition for today. My F18 would only let me slot 4 things till it went over 2000 and my F4 still has some room to go for some teir 2 stuff. Once I went with this setup I was able to finish 2nd in 10 straight matches just getting edged out of 1st

If you are a fan of the series this is a must have game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone gets this game and wants to try for the platinum trophy then know it will be insane to get. I am going for it but a few requirements are to fly 76,500km in story mode. If you complete the game on all 4 difficulties (which is also a trophy) you might be half way there. Another is to obtain 24 game medals of which 1 requires you to complete story mode with using only machine guns while another requires you to take no damage.  

I picked this up on launch, it's an excellent version of the Ace Combat series. Plays much like all the previous versions, there's no huge leap in gameplay, only graphic IMO. The multiplayer battles are fun and tough. It's worth getting if flight games are your thing.

VIdeo of me in online battle royale

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If I remember right I think the only one I ever played with Ace Combat 5. I was quite ignorant to it at the time though. Didn't invest enough time in to really get behind it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Dodge finally got this and we've been fucking some folks up in TDM's. It's pretty good for the score when we can both target the same enemy random and regardless which on of us gets the kill randoms (most) seem to struggle to outfly all the missles coming from both our planes.

I have settled on using the F16 and F22 in most matches, occasionally may use the F4 or F18. Though some fool in a crap F104 was flying circles around us last night due to it having raw speed, so may have to give it a try

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hatch said:

@Dodge finally got this and we've been fucking some folks up in TDM's. It's pretty good for the score when we can both target the same enemy random and regardless which on of us gets the kill randoms (most) seem to struggle to outfly all the missles coming from both our planes.

I have settled on using the F16 and F22 in most matches, occasionally may use the F4 or F18. Though some fool in a crap F104 was flying circles around us last night due to it having raw speed, so may have to give it a try

Does the matchmaking put you on the same team as your friends automatically?

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

6 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

Does the matchmaking put you on the same team as your friends automatically?

No, but you can switch teams. We start a private lobby, one of us switch team and then open it to public.

You should get it @pete_95973

• Like 1

It's fun. 

The campaign so far is a pretty good story. I'm only 6 missions or so into it, so I dont really know how it unfolds yet. 

The currency used in the game is accrued by campaign and online both. So no matter what you are doing, you accrue money for upgrades and new planes. 

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

9 hours ago, Con said:

Why dont we have videos of Hatch crashing his Jets??

Cuz Hatch dont crash

• Confused 1

On 5/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, DefaultBling said:

let me know when you guys are planning to play

We usually play at what would be normal NA playlist time. 2ish AM UTC till 4ish AM UTC. We are usually in a party chat so if you see us in AC7 feel free to jump in. Having a 3rd to coordinate with would be sweet ( @Con @LimeGreenLegend and @ssracingn2 should get this as well, the VR is sick in more ways than 1 and the multiplayer is good, there is a bit of technique and knowing what planes will do what with available parts)

• 2 weeks later...

DLC should be out today (some of it) 

The ADF-11F Raven should be in the game today, ADF-01 Falken on June 26 and ADFX-01 Morgan on July 31st.

There is suppose to be 3 new story missions, dunno if they are out today or at a later date along with new plane skins.

Planes look cool, these are probably highly maneuverable, I'm not sure if I will be keen on the tactical laser systems but the drones look useful

• Like 2