kernalhogan

4xQ03Sx.png

WARNING - PLAY AT OWN RISK - CAPTURE OBJECT CAN BECOME UNATTAINABLE (See comment below)

RSC Link

Look out for enemies trying to flank you from behind or above, in this Overwatch inspired, CTF style capture. Group up and attack with your teammates. A coordinated attack succeeds more often. First team to three points wins. [Assault Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Heavy Revolver, Heavy Sniper, SMG, Sticky Bomb]

I planned on recreating the Overwatch map "Lijiang Tower - Control Room", but after reaching the prop limit not even half way through, I shelved the idea and made this job instead. I'm hoping anyone familiar with Overwatch will notice the similarities in map and play-style. If any of our Overwatch players have a suggestion for another possible map to recreate, I would love to hear it.

• Up to thirty players, split into two teams, start in spawn rooms on opposing ends of a colour coordinated arena. (Players will respawn in the same room after death.)
  • Each team has a flag located just outside their spawn room that the enemy team is attempting to capture.
  • Points are scored by returning enemy flags to your base. First team to three points wins, or the team leading after ten minutes expires.
  • Weapons are meant to emulate certain characters from Overwatch. Assault Shotgun - Reaper, Heavy Revolver - McCree, Heavy Sniper - Widowmaker, SMG - Soldier 76/Other, Grenade Launcher/Sticky Bomb - Junkrat. (Super Secret Bonus Tip - There is one missile-equipped Thruster in each teams spawn room to emulate Pharah. Not sure if I'll leave this in the final version because it allows players to gain access to the other teams spawn room.)
  • Two armour pickups (Small Health Packs) are located near each teams flag and a single health pickup (Small Health Pack) is located in the black maze. With health and armour pickups (Mega Health Packs) located on both ends of the upper bridge. 
  • There are many paths that teams can take to reach the enemy flag. Group up and watch your flanks to make sure the enemy doesn't get the advantage.

There are several concerns that I'm hoping will get figured out during any testing.

• Biggest concern is the capture object falling through the map after the player carrying it is killed. This issue has sporadically popped up on other jobs. Hopefully it's not a problem.
  • Player limit is set to thirty, but I'm not sure how many would be ideal for the size of the map. Twelve would be my guess at the minimum players needed to not make it feel too empty.
  • Weapon selection could be switched, expanded, or simply re-positioned.
  • Same goes for armour and health pickups.
  • Team spawn rooms are designed to be inaccessible by the enemy team, but I am slightly concerned about spawn camping. There are several exits from the spawn rooms and there isn't much cover for enemies to camp outside, so I'm hoping it doesn't become an issue.
  • Player respawn times might need to be adjusted if players are being taken out of the action for too long, or getting back into the fight too quickly. This would be a simple fix of moving the respawn area.
  • I've made the arena from mostly blue and red coloured props. Team 1 is Blue and Team 2 is red. Unfortunately, if you are on Team 2(red props), several game display options will show as blue instead of red; the mini-map base icon, friend/enemy indicators, and text prompts will always show up as blue for your team and red for the enemy, no matter what team you start on. Rockstar have even added the ability to modify team names in combat jobs, with Red Coats and Blue Coats as an option, but failed to fix the misleading information given by the game. If players are getting turned around and running to the wrong base, I'll have to make a colour change.

If these or any other issues pop up, please let me know in the comments.

Edited by kernalhogan
Minor Changes
  • Like 1

After the Two Bros. purgatory debacle, I went in and updated this job. Unfortunately it still will not work as intended.

Rockstar does not allow for Capture Respawn Areas to work properly when placed on props, even though Deathmatch Respawn Icons work as intended when placed on props. This is what caused the issue during Two Bros. and was an easy fix in the creator. I just deleted the prop players respawned on, placed the Respawn Area on the ground below, and added one more step to get up and out of the spawn room.

However, the Capture Object has a similar issue and will fall through any Stunt Prop if a player dies while carrying it. Typical Rockstar, they add a new feature to the Capture Creator(Stunt Props) and never test it. So, this job either needs to be completely rebuilt on the ground, or wait and hope that Rockstar patch the issue. Knowing how much Rockstar love to update the Creator, I'll probably start work on rebuilding this later tonight.?

• Like 2