Assetto Corsa Competizione

PapOiteE

7 hours ago, Road2fury1583070461 said:

Davidcore89 what did not like from it? 

The clutch wasn't right. No matter what I did in the settings, it still wanted to auto blip the throttle during gear changes.

It sounds a bit like a learner driver pushing the clutch while accelerating.

Probably more of a personal preference, but it was annoying me.

• 6 months later...

@DavidCore89 The default steering was way too twitchy right out the gate, that's a major red flag playing it for the 1st time. Clutching & shifting happens so swiftly & the over all sounds associated with any vehicle is laughable at this age of racing games. 

You can literally hear the abrupt somewhat high-pitched sounds coming from the vehicle when clutching, shifting, breaking,revving the engine, decelerating or accelerating, I mean the best of Car sound is probably when its so. WRC 5 is way better than this game.

I only drove the Ferrari f40 & BMW M2 GT3 and they have the most atrocious handling even after ajusting the steering sensitivity & steering DeadZone. The cars seem to slide everywhere, little to no traction and I find the animation of flames coming out of the tailpipe hilarious. I didn't last more than half an hour with this unbearable game.

I spent all that time downloading it & not even a proper 1/2 an hr later I'm already tired of it. I had zero fun with it & would go on to warn gamers to steer around this turd, unless you like drifting. I don't see the point of purchasing this or even downloading it for free.

I also feel bad that it actually shows a trophy I got in the game, but I tried to delete the saved game application thinking that would delete the trophy records, guess I was wrong. ?

Hopefully GT Sports is way better in sound quality as I heard there is a sound setting that makes the vehicle sound better than the default. I wish one of you guys would verify that and I'm not too sure about the rally tracks traction they look the same as when I was sliding around in the beta version, which was where I last touched that game.

Edited by Smurf

Do you mean the original Assetto Corsa?

This one isn't out on PS4 yet.

I didn't like it, people say it has the best handling with a wheel, but I would dispute that as well. It's a good handling model, but not as special as people say.

The gear changes on all cars that don't have a sequential gearbox is just wrong. A gear change takes too long, and it sounds like engaging the clutch with the accelerator still being pushed a little. That may work with down changes, but on up changes it sounds terrible.

Then there's the length of the gear change, it takes forever, so for me I have no choice but to drive all non-sequential cars with manual clutch and H-shifter (instead of just the older ones as per my preference). On other games such as pCARS2 I can race non-sequential cars with auto clutch and use the paddles on the wheel without any of the issues from AC. I do think AC needs to be played with a wheel though.

GT Sport is alright I guess, sounds are OK, but the road cars I tested all have a gear change that takes way too long. It's worth the sale price and probably would be the easiest with a controller. The game lacks consistency IMO, I can go around the same corner 20 times and each time will be totally different, because the track doesn't 'rubber in', grip levels don't increase before decreasing as they would IRL, there's just a gradual decrease.

As for rally tracks, I never touch them in track games, DiRT Rally is the king of rally :)

You should be able to delete the game from your trophy list.

Edited by DavidCore89

Yeah the 1st one didn't know there was a next one coming out. I figured as much, when it comes to off track racing in GT Sports.

Edited by Smurf

• 1 year later...

This is out now.

Will grab it when I can be bothered to set up my racing sh*t.

The focus on GT racing already has me more interested than Fiat 500's and other road cars from the old game.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up earlier in the week. Done only a few hours of solo hot-lapping as I haven't done any serious racing for quite a while.

By far the best feeling sim on console, no contest.

Missing a few features such as keyboard support, although I'm sure it'll come.

Will get into multiplayer in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...