Helping Each Other Through Resident Evil 7

LimeGreenLegend

I am very scared of Resident Evil 7.  I've got through the first 45 minutes or so (basically the tutorial) and can't bring myself to play any more.  @Con is also apprehensive of playing it.  Here, we will help each other through the game, posting videos of our playthroughs to laugh at how scared the other person gets.  I will scream, and plead for mercy, a hell of a lot.

@Squirrel wanna join the fun?

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Haha 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LimeGreenLegend

• Con

• Squirrel

• Sinister

1 minute ago, Con said:

I will try and maintain my man card throughout as well. ?

I handed mine in when I bought the game.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I am very scared of Resident Evil 7.  I've got through the first 45 minutes or so (basically the tutorial) and can't bring myself to play any more.  @Con is also apprehensive of playing it.  Here, we will help each other through the game, posting videos of our playthroughs to laugh at how scared the other person gets.  I will scream, and plead for mercy, a hell of a lot.

@Squirrel wanna join the fun?

Your play through video has been very entertaining. Everyone whose ever watched it wants more! 

At the moment my RE7 is still sealed in the box. Not sure if opening it is wise yet. I’m going to get used to the vr controls before taking the plunge and possibly even invite someone over for moral support 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Your play through video has been very entertaining. Everyone whose ever watched it wants more! 

At the moment my RE7 is still sealed in the box. Not sure if opening it is wise yet. I’m going to get used to the vr controls before taking the plunge and possibly even invite someone over for moral support 

Cheers.  If I don't find any excuses there should be more tomorrow!

Moral support is a very good idea.  How are you finding vr overall?

4 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Cheers.  If I don't find any excuses there should be more tomorrow!

Moral support is a very good idea.  How are you finding vr overall?

I jumped straight into GT Sport before I got my VR legs so got full on motion sickness after an hour of driving around a hilly track. Taking things a little slower now. Lots of little mini games being played to get to grips with the controllers. Hard to remember which is which button on the move sticks and you can’t just look down at them.  

• Like 1

Just now, Squirrel said:

I jumped straight into GT Sport before I got my VR legs so got full on motion sickness after an hour of driving around a hilly track. Taking things a little slower now. Lots of little mini games being played to get to grips with the controllers. Hard to remember which is which button on the move sticks and you can’t just look down at them.  

Ouch!  Yeah I still get the buttons confused sometimes, handily most of the games that use them actually show them in game so there is something to use as a visual reference.  

• Like 1

That's awesome dude, watching it now.  Feeling braver already just knowing that when I'm playing later I can just imagine your voice saying "c'mon Lime, we gotta be brave bro." :D 

• Haha 1

Some thoughts so far...

The environment is superb. Everything is so repulsive with things around the houses decaying and decomposing. Places like this exist IRL and that helps the immersion for me. I love that there is no soundtrack or music so its you and the surroundings. I don't like how I can't use my arms except to block, it makes me feel helpless and find it annoying. I do LOVE the shooting of the gun. I love how my eyes direct the head shots, that is so cool. I really hated the walking in the water section, the water is almost in your mouth and i really felt like I was going to puke. I really felt sick. I was not acting.  Two things I hate in life....dismemberment and dirty pools of stagnant water, this game has that in abundance. Did I mention I hate Louisiana because when I was there, I hated the above ground cemeteries. Anyways, fuck Mia we broke up now. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with you @Con, it's the atmosphere that I find terrifying more than the actual enemies.  It would have been just as scary if it was a puzzle game with no shooting or spooky dudes, just that fucking house and the surrounding bayou.  

Also, did you figure out that to get the map you click in the touchpad on the left side.

• Like 1

I might give this game a go. 

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

8 minutes ago, Con said:

Oh hell yeah!! Test our abilities not to shriek out loud. Hahahah 

Yeah well, unlike you and @LimeGreenLegend they'll probably be no video evidence of me "shrieking". Maybe video of some streaking though, put that in your VR had have a good time :P

• Haha 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1 minute ago, Hatch said:

Yeah well, unlike you and @LimeGreenLegend they'll probably be no video evidence of me "shrieking". Maybe video of some streaking though, put that in your VR had have a good time :P

We all know you'll be shrieking like a little schoolgirl if you play it :D

I've started now, and this time, with your help, I'll make it to the end.  For now, I'm just a bit further on then @Con.  Will crack on with it sometime this weekend.

• Like 1

Interesting. Didnt make it far through this game due to boredom. God I miss the original game play.

That said, I'm going to have to check these videos out, perhaps VR makes a difference. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Interesting. Didnt make it far through this game due to boredom. God I miss the original game play.

That said, I'm going to have to check these videos out, perhaps VR makes a difference. 

VR makes such a huge difference that it's pointless even trying to describe it using words, you just need to try it.  The difference is that when you play RE7 on the tv you're just looking at the tv.  In vr you're there.  In that house, with those people.  That could never be boring.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I think I probably wouldn’t have bought the game unless I could play it in VR. Arizona Sunshine was cool but cartoonish so it broke immersion sometimes. But here in RE7, I was so caught up with the atmosphere that I forgot I could lean around corners with just my head that is something you can’t experience outside of VR. I wish this was co-op because like I stated on my 1st vid, it would be cool to look to my left and see Lime or any of you and standing behind you a monster! That would be terrifying, having to tell you there is something behind you. 

31 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

The difference is that when you play RE7 on the tv you're just looking at the tv.  In vr you're there.  In that house, with those people.  That could never be boring.

They give you an example of that at the start of the game when you have to watch the clips of Mia and the scene where you are driving to the location. I remember saying, this VR sucks...and then you are put inside the car!!! And you know it’s on!

I’m still too scared. I had a go at the scavenger game on PS Worlds last night and that turned my stomach. I left RE7 sealed. I’ll try and brave it tomorrow during the day so I can escape into the sunlight if it gets too much

• Haha 2

Some small progress.  Nothing scary happens here, just some classic Resident Evil style puzzling.  Something bad is coming though, I can feel it.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend

Another tiny slice of progress.  Don't think my nerves can handle long sessions with this game.

You played anymore of this @Con?

26 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Another tiny slice of progress.  Don't think my nerves can handle long sessions with this game

You played anymore of this @Con?

Sadly I haven't had the free time this weekend. I would be playing right now but was invited to watch the two WC matches left. But im on a mission to play it as much as possible.

• Like 1

I’ve ventured indoors. Encountered Mia cute arse but typical knife wielding crazy girl. Got experience of them around these parts so gave her my axe. 

I’m deliberately not watching your videos just so I can experience everything new. 

• Like 2

Played some more earlier, didn't progress much and spent a lot of time hiding in the safe room, but it was progress nonetheless.  I am still constantly terrified playing this, hope it gets better soon.