Battlefield V Trailer

Smurf

EA have said there will no longer be a premium pass for Battlefield. 

They said something similar about Battlefront and everyone saw the microtransaction bullshit that followed. The difference here is that EA don’t have to worry about pissing off Disney and will have free reign to do whatever they want. 

I won’t be going anywhere near this.

• Like 2

I am not invested in this game as well, maybe when its selling for cheap I will take a look.

BF4 & BFH are always my go to games when it comes to FPS. I'm glad that it was the Dice

Team that created it, but thats about it when it comes to that.

Edited by Smurf

9 hours ago, Squirrel said:

EA have said there will no longer be a premium pass for Battlefield. 

They said something similar about Battlefront and everyone saw the microtransaction bullshit that followed. The difference here is that EA don’t have to worry about pissing off Disney and will have free reign to do whatever they want. 

I won’t be going anywhere near this.

Not often I agree with your hardline stance against MT’s but I fear you are right with this one.

’No Season Pass’ is not something to get excited about but so many do. 

Probably won’t be getting this for other reasons though. BF4 is sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

• Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

Anyone tried the beta yet? I played like 20 minutes. It sucks ?

I've played about 8 hours, thought it was OK, not spectacular enough to run out and pre-order.

The guns definitely need the upgrades.

Doesn't really seem like a war to me, not enough going on, even when the lobby is full.

The lack of ammo is extremely annoying. Constantly running out :angry:

Seems a bit tricky to tell the difference between enemy and teammate clothing, makes it hard to react as fast as I'd like.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

I don’t know... I don’t feel much difference between this game and bf1... maybe I’m not into first person shooters anymore idk, it didn’t impress me.

I played that the Beta. I changed the field of view slider to my liking under the video settings as it changed the speed of game play on screen.

Glad to see that for the most part they have most of the previous controller settings except for , no Custom Controller Mapping in the menu options.

I dislike the hold triangle button change, to switch between the applicable weapons, weapon fire modes. I will be out gunned in close range battles easily . Marking enemy seems pointless & the wait to revive count down is far too long.

I feel like 8 out of 10 times I can't even see the enemy right infront of me, much less to shoot them.

Overall the game play was not really enjoyable at all unless I was sniping from a vantage point. BF1 is kind of the same, but loved all the sound effects in BFV Beta, wish it was the same in GTAO. I think FPS games are best played in a developed area with 48 or less players. That's probably why I will still play BF Hardline & BF4 which presents both.

I will probably get it for low $ in the future. Maybe!

Edited by Smurf

• 10 months later...

I dove in and have been playing this for a bit. There are some definite issues with the game but it is still fun. There is large reliance on teamwork as each class of soldier has perks that help the others (healing, ammo, suppression, marking, etc.). Playing with a good squad turns this into a great experience, but that is rare and I have yet to figure out how to join players I know.

Like GTAV the settings really need to be tweaked from default. A short search on youtube can get you what you need. 

EA/DICE have been fixing a lot of the bigger problems that plagued this game from the onset. I cannot recommend spending the money form the game yet, but if you already have it you may want to give it another go.

Ern

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

• 3 weeks later...

Should be receiving mines next month. I heard a few reviewers said it was broken by the last update, hopefully they deal with it before I install my copy. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...