Suggest/Request a Job

Lann

We are working on gathering the jobs for the third season.

Our estimate is that we are looking at finding about: 

• 10 street races (for commonly used vehicles)
  • 10 other types of races (Air, Water, Off road, Stunty stunt, Motorcycle, Bikes, Parachute..)
  • 10 TDM (Forced and Pickups)
  • 5 LTS (Balanced*)
  • 5 Captures (Balanced*)
  • 20 Adversary mode jobs (Balanced*)

*Balanced = Fair so it does not matter what team/side you start on.

All should be working well with 8 players.

Without a promises of using any suggested jobs we would like to open up for suggestions/requests!

This the basic structure for the season, and we will try to use as many modes as we can as far as the jobs are good/fun.

yvDGFf6.png

Leave a link to the job on Rockstar Social Club and let us know why its a good job and if its a race prefered vehicle class.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lann

• JuniorChubb

• ajbns871583070462

• Protocawl

Quarantine (TDM: 2-8 players): I remember playing this on PS3. Chaothic and funny as hell, it can also be very tactical if you choose the correct position.

Beachfront (TDM: 4-8 players): small map, you don't have any chance to scape. You must fight no matter what.

Nurburgring (Car race: 1-16 players): supers or sports. Big circuit with some interesting turns.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VALL_es1583070462 said:

Quarantine (TDM: 2-8 players): I remember playing this on PS3. Chaothic and funny as hell, it can also be very tactical if you choose the correct position.

Beachfront (TDM: 4-8 players): small map, you don't have any chance to scape. You must fight no matter what.

Nurburgring (Car race: 1-16 players): supers or sports. Big circuit with some interesting turns.

Thanks, I beleive we did that race on motorcycles in season 2. Much appreciated.

1 minute ago, pete_95973 said:

I think Resurrection would be fun in a head to head.  Adversary mode for 8 players.

Good idea! There are alot of balanced 8 player modes.

On 26/02/2018 at 7:00 PM, pete_95973 said:

I think Resurrection would be fun in a head to head.  Adversary mode for 8 players.

More specifically, I'd recommend Resurrection I, III, IV, V, VII

On 27/02/2018 at 1:41 PM, ajbns871583070462 said:

Adversary Mode

Hardest Target

Would recommend Hardest Target I, II, III, V & VII, which are all reasonable picks, but not IV and VI, since those two are rather shite.

In addition, I'd like to suggest the following adversary mode maps:

Cross the Line VII

possibly Juggernaut II, III

Kill Quota II, VI, VII

Land Grab V, VI (+ few more but I can't remember which were which right now)

Overtime Rumble I, III, V, VI

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 2

Just now, Lann said:

Thanks guys! Is Juggernaut fair no matter what team you start on? Cant remember the jobtype.

Yeah, both teams start with 1 player as the Juggernaut on either team and the rest trying to kill the opposing team's Juggernaut player. If time is up and neither juggernaut is dead, everyone turns into a Juggernaut and first player to die is the loser. That's why I said possibly. Those 2 maps are quite good for maneuvering, cover and teamwork, though. Worth trying out IMO.

• Thanks 1

Just suggesting a few jobs... not a fan of R* jobs but am obviously a fan of my own jobs. ;)

Races 

Kortz Center Circuit - http://rsg.ms/4031fc9

Xero Gas Braddock Pass - http://rsg.ms/b677de8

Xero City - http://rsg.ms/289538f

Monza Supercup - http://rsg.ms/551e1d2

Grotti Hills - http://rsg.ms/3cdb83c

LS Intyernartional Circuit - http://rsg.ms/eeae0cb

Mt Panorama Circuit (Bathurst) - http://rsg.ms/af2af9e

On the Gooooooo! - http://rsg.ms/4655bb6 (On the GOH! in Rocket Voltics)

Last Team Standing

Star Wars Battle of Yavin - http://rsg.ms/5964bdd

Captures

A-Team Hill Billy Town - http://rsg.ms/ba70f03

Deathmatches

Gormandy Landing - http://rsg.ms/7479b98

Star Wars Tantive IV - http://rsg.ms/8e4db96

XDBX will know som eof these jobs, hopefully what I have suggested is high enough quality to be considered. Also if you need anything created or duplicated with a few tweaks just let me know.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, M.C.Lethal Dose said:

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/QeUvYExvbUauJ83WJDdCJw I am suggesting this job, a drift too far. This is a top rally race that is really well made. Challenging and competitive. Great in the sport class but also great for the retinue in sports classic class.

Thanks, bookmarked!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Lann not actually posting a job, just wanted to raise some concern I have over the job selection that has come to light for VANS with the new point system. I was also waiting to see how Air or Sea races were incoorporated before mentioning this too.

We currently have 6 jobs each round, 2 of which are races and either 3 or 4 combat jobs depending on if it is an Adversary Round or H2H.

Under the old point system the Crews with a bias towards racing could keep up with the pace if they dominated the races as the total playlist points for top 4 positions in 2 races would claw back the points lost in 4 combat jobs. This system worked pretty much perfectly with Racing/Combat ratio.

However now the points system has been simplified to a point for each job won I feel the balance of the competition has swung heavily in favour of the combat biased crews. We have had a total of 12 points available in the 2 rounds we have played so far. Using the new points sytem this has left 4 points out of a possible 12 for the Racing biased crews to chase. If we label Overtime Rumble as mid ground (not Combat or Racing) that is 4 points for Race Crews, 7 points for Combat Crews and 1 point up for grabs in a 'fun' job.

This inbalance has really been highlighted for me this Round in which we have lost a racing job as it has been replaced with an Air Race... For the Crews who are biased towards racing this is a real WTF? Our foundation of points has been reduced further as for many Air Races do not fall into 'Racing Crew' territory (we race cars not planes, helicopters or boats). Surely we could have dropped a combat themed job to fit in an Air Races instead of losing a Land Race?

VANS are not contenders to win the competition so I am not criticizing from a point of view that are 'chances of winning' are being diminished, we just don't want to lose interest becuase the playlists are biased towards combat crews and we have the feeling it might be the same for other crews that are biased towards racing. 

This is also not a 'we want it changed or we are leaving' post. We just want it put up for discussion as we love the competiton and want it to be as inclusive as possible and also go strength to strength and season to season. VANS are commited to playing until the end and will do so regardless of any decisions made. We are big fans of Clash of the Crews and only want changes if they are for the best.

We though see it as Grand Theft Auto(mobile)  though not Grand Theft Auto(aim) ;)

I was wondering what yours and other crews views on this are?

Just tagging a for other crew players:

@M.C.Lethal Dose, @cprize187, @acdc_sw, @ajbns871583070462, @Trashbags1583070460, @CatManDoza, @Paulie

Not sure how to prompt other crew members as they do not have acocunts here. Also apologies for the length of the post, just wanted to make sure I expereesed our position clearly.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been trying to use the variety available in game. That was enabled when dropping to 4vs4 and not keeping individual scores. Racing cars is one thing (I love) available in game. Air, Sea, Bikes, Bicycles, Parachute are also amongst the races. Amongst the Adversary modes we intend to use a great variety and use a mix between pure shooting, tactical modes and pure fun modes. The classic rounds do have two TDM’s where we try and mix maps and weapons. The Capture and LTS should have a more tactical aspects to them, but yes you most likely fire guns or at least kill people in them as well. The Adversary rounds will hold modes like Sumo, Overtime rumble, Vehicle vendetta, Offence Defence and Turf Wars where we have been planning to use Vehicle vendetta and Turf Wars as combat jobs and not the “fun odd mode”. One reason there are many adversary modes is that there are so many that will work well. And they are not all about who can time their roll and get the first headshot, there are also a lot of them that are tactical and fun (and include cars). In a really well balanced playlist I say a pure car racer will have 1 job perfectly suited, and a pure TDM run and gun shooter should have about the same. The last might not be true in a classic playlist with two TDM’s, but adding another race instead will just shift preference.

Just to mention I got feedback today that there were way too many car races so far, so the preference is of course different.

I do not like to change things in the middle of the season, but I do like feedback and being able to improve what we do. Any well thought through balanced suggestions that can be applied mid season will be considered and discussed with all leaders.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 3

Talking about the traditional rounds, we COULD have 3 TDMs and 3 Land Races in every CotC round, which would probably be the most balanced option, but would also be quite boring. Instead, we usually have 2 TDMs, 1 Capture, 1 LTS, 1 Land Race & 1 more Land/Sea/Air/Parachuting/Stunt/Transform race, so I guess we could replace 1 TDM with a different type of race every now and then... HOWEVER, the CotC is a team tournament above all, and races are very much individual, so the only way to justify adding more races is to somehow have them concentrate more on teamwork. That is quite difficult, though. We'd probably have to think of a whole new way (in CotC terms) to race, like Team GTA as tag teams or using some slipstream mechanic, which would also mean contact racing, so I don't think this can be implemented this season, but with some more thoughts from other participants and some testing, it might be possible for the next season or for the 2nd half of this season.

Anyway, to repeat my main point: The jobs in CotC are chosen with teamwork in mind, racing is very much a show of individual skill in the current format, whereas the combat jobs are tactical and need a certain bit of chemistry between the players on top of individual skill, which is why there are more combat jobs and less racing. @JuniorChubb

Same reasons apply when it comes to the Adversary rounds.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 3

@Lann and @Protocawl

Thanks for responding guys :)

Really glad to have adversary modes to play as well as they break up combat slightly and really adds to the variety.

Your points are all valid and I do not want to argue against them but they do not address the change in balance favouring combat with the new points system, for me racing has just become a token add on rather than a valid part of the competition. Was the change an accidental side effect of the points system changing or a deliberate move?

I was hoping to get a few other opinions in from other crews too Lan. Glad that others have been in touch, a little surprised that 33% of jobs is considered too much racing for some but we all look for something different from the competition and it’s a tough task to keep us all happy.

Despite my criticism I really enjoy CotC and you guys are doing a great job.

I'm not really bothered about the balance between combat and racing. But I'll say this, the inclusion of Rockstar jobs over decently made user created jobs isn't to my personal taste.There are literally thousands of well made car races both GP and stunt, it would be nice to see them embraced and supported through the event over any Rockstar air race or fucking boat race. 

Variety is only good if you enjoy all the flavours. I would hope to see user created combat jobs too, as last week's capture was very much one spawn having advantage over the other. 

I'll continue to submit jobs for consideration, as I know it's easy to complain and difficult to resolve. 

Besides the selection of some poor  jobs, I believe you're doing a great job at this event so far.  I hope the other crews involved continue to enjoy and it would be nice if they contributed to the job submissions. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ajbns871583070462 said:

Besides the selection of some poor  jobs, I believe you're doing a great job at this event so far.  I hope the other crews involved continue to enjoy and it would be nice if they contributed to the job submissions. 

Gotta back you up AJ, specifically on the part asking for more job submissions. We can moan and whine about things but it would be easier for Lan to go with more user created jobs if more crews jumped into this thread and posted them.

I am having a bit of an admin day today so will try and post more myself, let’s hope the other crews jump with some too.

The only way to do something about it, if you have an issue with the jobs, is to help do the work. Test and submit in this thread, thats why its here. Balanced fun/unique captures and lts are always hard to find and test, especially if they are to include vehicles. Any suggestions are much appreciated! 

• Like 2